ForumsGames[necro]better gameplay not better graphics

93 20962
bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

now when somwbody makes a good fun game people look at the graphics i dont like that they say if it isnt good graphica its crap what happend to good gameplay i want to stop focusing on graphics and get to the gameplay

• 93 Replies
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

I'll have to agree with KentyBK there, balance is the key, too much of one kills the whole game for us gamers.
While the gameplay has to be good, the graphics have to be considerably good as well.
Maybe in 1970's, 1980's and 1990's, it wouldn't matter since the graphics were basic (fewer polygons, 2D, etc) at the times, so gamers thought they were good enough.
But now most gamers want to see improved graphics, but "some developers" go too far with the graphics and then barely pay attention to gameplay (e.g. one button does too many functions).
But if it's the other way, problems still occur (textures with little detail can pose some confusing problems that take away from gameplay).
That's why, as KentyBK said, there should be a balance between these two components of the game.

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

Oh look, it's this thread again. Surprised I never initially posted here to begin with.

Anyway, graphics or gameplay? The answer is neither. There's a fine balance between the two and if either isn't there, the game suffers.

Do note that when I say graphics, I mean the presentation of the game as a whole

Yeah i get you there,its just i've seen games sacrafising gameplay and plot for realism and graphics... i want to keep a good balance just not have games completetly focused on graphics.
Showing 91-92 of 93