ForumsSupport ForumFlashHotGames

46 9565
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

I was trying to find an old topic that I made using google, and this website came up. It's called "FlashHotGames" and it's an exact copy of what ArmorGames looked like about a month ago. It functions reasonably well, there is no way to register, and I haven't tried logging in because I don't want my account to get hijacked. Many of the links are broken, but you can still look at user profiles and some forum topics. I also seems to replace any mention of AG with "Flash Hot Games." I have a screenshot of a comment on my AG profile compared to a comment on FHG.

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/4/5/16/f_huh1m_bdf85ee.jpg

http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/4/5/16/f_huh2m_f50342a.jpg

A working link to the site is here:
[url]http://flashhotgames.com/community/index.htm[/url]

I'm kind of weirded out by this, if anybody has any knowledge pertaining to FHG I would appreciate it.

• 46 Replies
fergman
fergman
144 posts
Peasant

Holy crap! The main sign doesn't actually go any where though. It looks like copyright because they replaced the word armorgames with flash hot games.

Someone is gonna get sued.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

I just realized that you can play games by clicking in the empty space where the game category selection should be.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

??? Well isn't this sort of illegal? I am pretty sure that this site is copyrighted, so someone is about to get a lawsuit. But maybe there is more to this?

ngfan14
ngfan14
870 posts
Shepherd

This is a weird copy of Armorgames. It even has some of the same games and they can be played. I agree with XCoheedX. I think they stole games from Armorgames because I don't think the creators of all those games put there game on that website.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

I found out a little more. The site will not let me log in (I tried using a test accounthat I made on AG.) Also, www.flashhotgames.com took me to a page with a bunch of chinese characters. They copied the AG logo here. Almost all references to ArmorGames are gone, and a lot of the games do not link to the games that it says they should.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I am gonna look into this...........

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I have also been trying to work out the exact time the copy was made...
It was on the 15th March, 2008 at between 12:55am and 1:05am.
Hope this helps...I will look into website copying tools...

152 posts
Nomad

this is just sad

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I checked to see if my profile was there, and it wasn't probably because I wasn't here back then... There are a lot of things you can't do, I tried to do the 'Contact' part to see if it would go to someone here or there, and it wouldn't work.

Its like an alternate Chinese reality!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

This has been brought to the attention of the Admins, and will hopefully be dealt with soon.

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

==========DO NOT ENTER YOUR AG USERNAME INTO THIS SITE.==============

If you have recently please IMMEDIATELY change your password on this site. DO NOT allow your account to be hijacked by a third-party site.

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

I have recently wrote a news post, maybe everyone should read it!

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

Yeah that site is really weird! I'm actually on that site, and it's funny because I only had 30 merits on that site. That's a really long time ago, haha!

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

And also, it's not completely stationary. You cannot access accounts/threads that have been deleted since March 15.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Weeeeeeeird stuff. I wonder what the motive is behind all of this...

Showing 1-15 of 46