ForumsPopular MediaFavorite Music From A Movie?

67 33881
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

What's your favorite song from a movie and why?

I'm a fan of John Williams (Hedwig's Theme, Star Wars, Indiana Jones), but I'm becoming increasingly a fan of Ennio Morricone (A Fistful of Dollars, Sixty Seconds to What?, The Ecstasy of Gold ).

Currently, The Ecstasy of Gold is my favorite, due to the constantly building crescendos and good vocals.

• 67 Replies
darkengy
darkengy
205 posts
Nomad

Any music in Star Wars and Pirates of the Carribean movies

Zamiel
Zamiel
175 posts
Nomad

my personal favortite is lux aeterna from the movie Requim for a dream

CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

Arrival to earth - first transformers

Highway to the dangerzone - topgun

I like them two because they are epic songs to me, i can make a list forever but lets not.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Hanz Zimmer FTW! He composed the songs for Pirates of the Caribbean. I love Blackbeard's theme, and the EITC's theme

RubenP
RubenP
646 posts
Nomad

This is my favorite soundtrack from a movie. I put a nice video on it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PJg__Y7T0U

RubenP
RubenP
646 posts
Nomad
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I'm not sure if I can pick a favorite. I have a lot. However, John Williams is a great composer. I love all his soundtracks (Indiana Jones, Star Wars saga, Jurassic Park)
Another song I really like is Endless love from the movie The Myth. The piano version of this song is so touching that it brings me to tears. Check it out

indianajones1
indianajones1
74 posts
Nomad

Soundtracks for Batman and Titanic.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

My favorite song from a movie (at the moment) is Extreme Ways by Moby from the Bourne Identity movie, the freaking song is so catchy! Other then this, I can't find any other songs from movies that I like.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Zydrate Anatomy from Repo! The Genetic Opera is one catchy song...I recommend it for anyone interested in wanting to hear some good Rock Opera (the song)

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I like too many to tell.
Okay let's try:
Once Upon A Time in the West, all the Star Wars, Harry Potter (everything by John Williams), Battlestar Galactica (original TV-Series), Willow, any film score by Ennio Morricone, Maurice Jarre, Vladimir Cosma (french comedies), Star Trek, Basil Polidopouris (Conan the Barbarian), music score from the Looney Tunes, Mission Impossible (original TV-Series), Lost in Space (original TV-Series), Soundtracks made by John Carpenter, and some composers from old movies as well.
That's it for now.
85% of my music collection is composed of film scores and soundtracks so...

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

Nothing can compare to smash mouth's track on the movie Shrek. That song pretty much sums up my childhood.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

John Will all the way. You just can't beat him.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

The gladiator soundtracks... They are like classical and stuff but really awesome

Gamecholic
Gamecholic
21 posts
Treasurer

Sting - Shape Of My Heart (Leon, 1994)

Showing 46-60 of 67