ForumsThe Tavern[Nerco] scariest moment of your life

50 21570
SuperBlade
SuperBlade
10 posts
Nomad

What was your scariest moment of your life?

• 50 Replies
dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

computer messing up real bad
could be a virus or random glitch.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I went out on a hike with my friend during a camping trip in the mountains, we climbed up a slope of about 40 degrees to get to a mesa. When we got there, we found a place to climb up but I said that the rocks were too lose and it wasn't safe. My friend called me a chicken and went up. About a minute later I heard a really loud crash and called for him with no response. I ran around to where I heard the sound and he was laying on the ground. He was looking out over the top and the rock he was standing on came loose and he fell about 15 feet, luckily, he only got some abrasions and nothing broken or dead, which could easily have happened. So...yeah, those 15 seconds or so it took me to get around to the other side from the little inlet I was waiting in to see him on the ground and see him move.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

When my mum found out I had a girlfriend.

Now I don't have a girlfriend anymore. Go figure.

Hint: Asian Mum.

MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Almost falling off a 75 ft fishing pier.
1)I suck at swimming
2)The fall would most likely paralyzed
3)sharks.....

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Almost falling off a 75 ft fishing pier.
1)I suck at swimming
2)The fall would most likely paralyzed
3)sharks.....

75 ft? I think it would have most likely killed you...
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

When my mum found out I had a girlfriend.

I'm sorry, can you repeat that again Nicho?

The most frightening moment in my life is probably when my best friend jumped in front of a car just to push me out of the way. I didn't see the car, she pushed and almost got ran over. I cried a lot
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

@nichodemus, true I would have died but I was sitting on the edge and a strong gust came.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I'm sorry, can you repeat that again Nicho?

I live in Singapore, which is famous for inducing into its youth the iron willed mentality of studying. It's in built to us so much I'll not be surprised if a researcher one day announces that we pass it on to our kids in our genetic material. This word sums us up.

So no, no girlfriend until I'm what 18?

I think you can imagine the storm and tears that occurred as my heart was dashed to bits when my mum threatened all sorts of things. For example, sending me off to the army.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

For example, sending me off to the army.

Well I (currently) live in Bali, and I have an awful lot of Singaporean friends, but none of them mentioned it's that strict... That must suck
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Well I (currently) live in Bali, and I have an awful lot of Singaporean friends, but none of them mentioned it's that strict... That must suck

Well, it generally is I guess, but I must have been saddled with parents who decided to up the notch.
GhostGS
GhostGS
323 posts
Nomad

scariest moments... there are some but nothing life threatening. a lot of embarrassing moments though. the only moment that i recall as being scary was flying a plane for the first time, however the instructor wanted me to stall it.... that was fun :S

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I can relate to Nicho, my mother used to be pretty fierce. Good times. After my father died, she decided she really needed to learn how to chillax, because my dad was incredibly chillaxed.

I also can relate to another user who posted about getting lost... in my case it was in the Singapore Night Zoo. I remember thinking that I would get eaten by a tiger (lol) so I ran to the giraffe enclosure area because I thought well giraffes are pretty harmless, right?

I can't relate to being scared at impending world of pain, though. I am ninja, after all. Every time I'm about to eat dirt, or crash into somebody, I always think: "I hope they'll be okay," or "It's gonna suck if my glasses break."

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I also can relate to another user who posted about getting lost... in my case it was in the Singapore Night Zoo. I remember thinking that I would get eaten by a tiger (lol) so I ran to the giraffe enclosure area because I thought well giraffes are pretty harmless, right?

I am thoroughly embarrassed to admit not going to the Night Safari despite living half an hour from it.

I can't relate to being scared at impending world of pain, though. I am ninja, after all. Every time I'm about to eat dirt, or crash into somebody, I always think: "I hope they'll be okay," or "It's gonna suck if my glasses break."

Does being exposed to sickness and pain as a doctor numb you to such sensations?
11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

i have had lods of scary moments in my life but i think it has got to be when me and my friends saw a gost walk through a wall in front of us!
11pikachu11

aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

scariest thing was when... i drop a skittle out the balcony.

Showing 31-45 of 50