Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Have a look at my (unfinished) game!

Posted Oct 17, '11 at 2:54pm

iamevil123

iamevil123

1 post

Very simple but addictive. Could do with a bit more variety tho but overall quite a good game. =)

Posted Oct 17, '11 at 11:38pm

SquirrelMaster0282

SquirrelMaster0282

458 posts

thanks, im actually looking forward to this games final release and i was wandering if you could post what ideas you had for the upgrade shop?

Posted Oct 18, '11 at 12:58am

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

Something odd I noticed is that you have two textboxes for the score. It would look more profession if there was only one.

Another thing is that right clicking == godMode. True.

Time you spent alive should be converted to point of some kind and then spent on either moving to the next harder level or something to increase your likely hood of survival.

For the upgrade shop you could have; Extra lives in the game, Some rage meter thing that destroys some of the bullets, Ability to destroy a bullet in some fashion after some amount of hit, ability to slow the game down, ability to damage the central turret, place your own anti-turret.

Posted Oct 18, '11 at 4:45am

ExplosionsHurt

ExplosionsHurt

262 posts

Great ideas guys.

Originally this game was going to be a simple mouse avoider, but some of these ideas are so good that I have to implement them.

So the goal of the game is to (eventually) destroy the central turrent. Exactly how that will be done I'm not sure yet. Maybe you could alter the direction of the bullets to hit the turrent?

Posted Oct 21, '11 at 3:01am

ExplosionsHurt

ExplosionsHurt

262 posts

Yay! New version! I've decided to call this version 0.2 now...

Click me! Please?

Next version will be mostly bug fixes and small improvements. After that, I'll make the upgrade shop.

Posted Oct 21, '11 at 2:25pm

SquirrelMaster0282

SquirrelMaster0282

458 posts

games getting better by the update you should think about making a logo and maybe even a website : )

Posted Oct 22, '11 at 2:22am

Omnihero10

Omnihero10

2,467 posts

nice... you made the game more user frendly... looks awsome.

Posted Oct 24, '11 at 3:23am

ExplosionsHurt

ExplosionsHurt

262 posts

OK, now I'm working on screen transitions.

Any ideas for the transition?

Posted Oct 24, '11 at 8:24am

Dannydaninja

Dannydaninja

980 posts

This game is looking awesome!

Posted Oct 24, '11 at 10:06am

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

The menus could have a little more gloss, menu + death music would be nice.

As for transitions, something as simple as fading white and then fading back would be nice enough.

Reply to Have a look at my (unfinished) game!

You must be logged in to post a reply!