ForumsProgramming ForumHave a look at my (unfinished) game!

109 45351
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

http://www.swfme.com/view/1269722

It's been about 2 weeks in development.

Anyway, right now it gets pretty repetitive and boring. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it more interesting?

• 109 Replies
Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

i like it. it's kinda like the game dodge but less advanced.

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

@ifYouInsist,

The bullets actually wrap around the screen.

Next version is almost out. It includes 2 game modes.

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Version 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.4 is now out!

Link

Go have a play, tell me what you think!

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

good alternate game! is it on armor games? you should put upgrades on it though.

Awesomeyi
Awesomeyi
122 posts
Nomad

Destroying bullets would be an excellent idea. Then you could make different guns and bullets with more health. Excellent game though. You should be able to change the color scheme also.

Erli
Erli
156 posts
Jester

That's it, just make an upgrade system for the yellow box, and that's it. It would be really cool for me

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Right, I'm working on the upgrade system now, and I need a little bit of help:

You see, the actual name of the upgrade shop changes. It can be called "The Upgrade Shop", and the next time you come in, it called "Cafe Upgrade" or whatever.

Just a little quirk I put in

Does anyone have any ideas for what I can call the upgrade shop? Anything really random is welcome.

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

nive alternate.... thats what i was thinking of... nut idk for the name Avoider Lodge???

DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,762 posts
Nomad

'Grade em up! Thats my best idea so far...game seems fun, but for some reason when i played alternate mode it was the same as regular mode.

DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,762 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double posting, i pressed enter and my crusor was selected on submit. I figured out what was different in alternate mode anyways, and i think a cool thing to buy from the upgrade shop would be to activate a power up that temporarly makes bullets cancel each other out when they hit each other.

plasmafish
plasmafish
252 posts
Nomad

Explosionshurt,
I like it, I think it's a very simple idea but it is done right. The music fits the game and the graphics are good for what is going on. Keep up the nice work!

The upgrade shop, maybe call it the "Upgrade Factory", or the "Armory"?

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

OK, I've decided to have the upgrade shop's name be randomly chosen from a list each time you enter, sort of like in Viricide.

I've basically taken this opportunity to reference some of my favourite video games in the upgrade shop. Sometimes it's the Man Co. store, other times it's a LIMB Clinic, etc.

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

nice... let us no when you update the shop...

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

I'm taking a short break from making the game.

I've been working on it flatout for the past few weeks and I need a little bit of time to recover. I'm doing a few random animations and stuff for now until I get into the mood to continue the game.

(Yeah, it means that there probably won't be any updates for a while)...

jayjay9
jayjay9
487 posts
Peasant

The game is great but:
How to move?
I die after 1 sec automatic!?

,Just fix some bugs, and it will be a great game!

Showing 31-45 of 109