ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThis has "art".

264 75044
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Strop wanted me to make a new art thread.

Me: Gimme a good reason to make a new one, then.
Strop: You're awesome.

Which I guess is a fair reason.
So making a new art thread.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/lieka-1.jpg
  • 264 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I have read one of the smaller series in Dragonlance. The one about the half dragons not being able to breed or something.
It was amusing, but well, again... The high fantasy/epic fantasy genre isn't interesting for me currently.

I really dislike working on stuff sometimes. I have a horrible ability to grow bored with it, lose interest and never work on it again.
In the case with the wolf, it was like "RAWRARWRARARW!... Meh, colours...", with the plants it was "I can't, I can't, I can't... I should go water them."

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I really dislike working on stuff sometimes. I have a horrible ability to grow bored with it, lose interest and never work on it again.

This happens to me a lot. Take a break and go back to it later. You know that it will look great in the end.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

For the Bartmaeus Trilogy, Stroud recently published The Ring of Solomon, it's a prequel to the series, I found it to be quite entertaining.

I would also suggest L.E. Modesitt, Jr.'s work, particularly the Saga of Recluse, it does fall somewhat under Epic/High Fantasy, but Modesitt tends to establish scientific traits within his books that make them quite interesting to read. And I've yet to see a dragon appear, although there is a lot of Chaos, and Order.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

For the Bartmaeus Trilogy, Stroud recently published The Ring of Solomon, it's a prequel to the series, I found it to be quite entertaining.

It was good.
I do miss Nathaniel, though. Considering it took me two and half book to not find him to be an annoying, whiny brat.
Tried reading that other book "Dragon's fire" or something like that, but... Neither in German or English... It has an interesting concept, but I don't like the characters.

Saga of Recluse

Might be something.
I wonder why some fantasy authors find it important to write 10+ books in their series... It always ends up with me noticing the series too late, and I won't be able to get the first ones.
Or, alternately, if they are imported for some odd reason*, that the bookstore discontinues the series before it is even half done.

This happens to me a lot. Take a break and go back to it later. You know that it will look great in the end.

It usually never works for me. I look at it, and then I have to either redraw or ignore it. Same thing goes for WoM stuff. I think I have rewritten the ending seven times now.

*Serious, Danish bookstores... I have four and a roleplaying store. The one with the steam punk erotics pretty much just has that. The other store in that chain doesn't seem to buy as much English in, but will still have the "OMG VAMPIRE" stuff.
The other two stores are in another chain, where on has almost no English paperbacks, once again sticking to the mainstream, while the other has a huge selection, but mainly in genres I have no interest for. I did get my Horror Movie Survival Guide there, though. As well as the Worst Case Scenario Survival Guide. Good place, but not particularly exciting.
Then there is the rp store. I rare buy stuff there because it is expensive as heck (possibly because they import from the US, where shipping will cost you more than the double of the price of your item), but they have started the same trend of "OMG VAMPIRE!". They do have a lot of other stuff there, most, if not all, is in English (since apparently Danish fantasy authors are crap), but since I am not very interested in the Warhammer universe, I am tired of high fantasy and the female leads in the contemporary stuff makes me want to choke on my hoodie... There isn't much left.

And this was a bit long for a foot note, and I doubt it was interesting to anyone.
I just like writing about books. And bookstores.
I wish one of them would hire me...
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I'm very sorry for your bookstore predicament, I don't think I could go on with life without my Books-A-Million.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I've been out of the fiction game for so long since LOTR. I've been sadly torturing myself with a slew of non-fiction books that reek of musty dustiness, condemned to the memories of greying old men, or the bottom shelf of a forgotten library.

In other words, I am severely deprived, and wanting in the creative literary department.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Mm, books.

Anyway, pardon my Strip below, but I am out of interest or motivation or inspiration, so have some horse head on chick body... thing.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/strip.jpg

Oh, and:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/fire.jpg

Kai is a doofus.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I wish yall would stop making me feel attracted to horses, makes me feel very confused...Anyway, you did a great job cartooning that horse. Cartooning harder than it looks, atleast for me it is.

And BOOKS!!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

You drew Strip better and much more feminine as compared to Strop's more manly and muscular version I must say.

BOOKS!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I wish yall would stop making me feel attracted to horses, makes me feel very confused...

It was either that, or something NSFW due to the themes. So sexy Strip seemed to be the better choice, especially since she wouldn't be breaking any rules.

You drew Strip better and much more feminine as compared to Strop's more manly and muscular version I must say.

I think that might be due to some controversy between us. To him, Strip is an athletic filly, while I tend to draw her rounder.

Yay, books.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Kai is a doofus.

Should I already know who Kai is? I have never seen or heard of him before.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

He was in the comic, the one standing in the couch.
Older character than Cen too, he was in the MWT back when that was cool, though I suspect you haven't heard of it.
He is also a doofus.

I have posted some art with him in it, both in this thread and previous ones, and Strop mentioned him in the background story for his newest Christmas Strip.
Usual attire would be grey shirt, grey trousers and no shoes. He doesn't believe in shoes, or people might just steal them when he is in prison or something.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I suspect that Sai isn't the one guy you want to be around with fireworks or pyrotechnics.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Oh the wonders of those names, eh.
Sai: Girl with pink bang in hair. We want to see her naked.
Kai: Moron with fire on his brain among other things. We do not wish to see him naked.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Sai. Kai. The letters are, like, right next to each other and stuff >_>"

And if you want motivation, I'll take over your spam-deleting shift if you work on that dinosaur

Showing 166-180 of 264