ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

704 155084
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Since this topic hasn't been popping up much, and since the old threads are all so cluttered up, I took the liberty of creating this new one.

So yes, someone asked me for sources about my claims that 1500 species of animals practice homosexual behaviour? Here.

Source 1

Source 2

Now on to one of the sub questions. Is it natural? Well, someone mentioned that it wasn't natural only for humans. Now, why this discrimination? If the Gods of various religions keep throwing and creating people who are homosexual, either a) They're bad factory operators or b) Something is fishy with whatever anti-gay talk religious conservatives swear is sacred.

• 704 Replies
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Last I checked it isn't illegal to walk hand in hand with someone in a public place or to give that someone an affectionate kiss. (not even talking about making out) However these are things that a homosexual couple get's looked down upon for.

Oh yea, well that is fine. I meant more like making out, not hand in hand or a little kiss. But yes, gay couples doing this isn't exactly, uh, lets say "encouraged".
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

But yes, gay couples doing this isn't exactly, uh, lets say "encouraged".

Give me three good reasons why.

I meant more like making out

That isn't illegal too.
wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

Not just looked down upon, but discriminated, which to be honest is vile.

It very much can be. Actually I've only ever gotten into one fight over the subject, but that in itself is off topic.

However these are things that a homosexual couple get's looked down upon for.

Yes but like Nick said it is vile. Though I maybe wouldn't use that exact word, but it has led to some very nasty situations before.
numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

Well, if the genetics and DNA is closely observed you will see that people (don't know about animals) are hardwired to be homosexual, especially in the younger ages of pre-pubescent period but all this changes for the majority once the hormones starts kicking hard and fast.
So yes it is natural for humans to be homosexual however our natural urges of dominance and reproduction spurs humanity towards heterosexuality of which would result in passing of the genes of a dominant individual, the same reason as animals.

So to conclude it is natural up to a certain point for most people.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Give me three good reasons why.

1. People can't accept difference
2. It's been looked down upon for so long it will take a lot to change peoples minds.
3. I honestly don't know why people can't leave others alone, so thats all I got. :/

That isn't illegal too.

Refering back to my DP, I meant in places like malls. At least the ones where I live you will be asked to stop if you are doing anything overly intimate. Doesn't happen alot and is rarely enforced as far as I know, but they do have signs up that say this.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

1. People can't accept difference

People accept similarities too. So? That argument is vague and not stand-alone.

2. It's been looked down upon for so long it will take a lot to change peoples minds.

Homosexuality has been an accepted norm for centuries before the Abrahamic faiths came along and somehow proclaimed it was sinful.

Furthermore, Jews/Blacks/Asians were discriminated for long by White people. Yet that changed.

3. I honestly don't know why people can't leave others alone, so thats all I got. :/

A gay might say that too.
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

A gay might say that too.

okay.....sorry, I don't see how that goes with what I said. I could ask some of my gay friends if thats what they would say if you want.

Homosexuality has been an accepted norm for centuries before the Abrahamic faiths came along and somehow proclaimed it was sinful.
Furthermore, Jews/Blacks/Asians were discriminated for long by White people. Yet that changed.

Because people have been taught by these faiths that being gay is bad, it's not suprising that so many are still against what they have been told is wrong.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Meaning gays would direct this towards people who oppress them.
JesusFreak295
JesusFreak295
6 posts
Nomad

As a Christian, I believe that God created one man and one woman for each other. Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve! While I do think that it is a sin to be a homosexual, I am not intolerant. You get to make that choice, not me. Everyone gets to make their own decisions whether they honor God or not. That's between them and God. And if someone claims to be born gay, I think that is a lie. And even if it can happen, the bible says you can be born-again through Jesus Christ. Therfore gay Christians are an impossibility. But like I said, I am totally against being gay, but I'm not intolerant. If you are gay, I have no say. It's your choice to make and I'll stay out of it.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

And if someone claims to be born gay, I think that is a lie.

Evidence or argument crumbles. We have already provided links showing a possible genome based reason.

And even if it can happen, the bible says you can be born-again through Jesus Christ. Therfore gay Christians are an impossibility.

Someone said impossible?
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Meaning gays would direct this towards people who oppress them

As they should, because it is quite true.

And even if it can happen, the bible says you can be born-again through Jesus Christ. Therfore gay Christians are an impossibility.

I know active Christians that are gay. So this, along with Nichodemus' link, disproves that statement.
bunionboy
bunionboy
56 posts
Peasant

You sound like a legit democrat dude....gays make evry1 feel uncomfortable

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

As a Christian, I believe that God created one man and one woman for each other.

Well if we are going by that myth God created one man and a bunch of animals to be his "helper".

Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve!

Why does this get tossed out like it means something?

Adam and

While I do think that it is a sin to be a homosexual, I am not intolerant.

How are you not?

You get to make that choice, not me. Everyone gets to make their own decisions whether they honor God or not. That's between them and God. And if someone claims to be born gay, I think that is a lie.

Again I put up the challenge to try and make such a choice. I'm sure God will forgive you if you repent afterwords, if that's what your worried about.

And even if it can happen, the bible says you can be born-again through Jesus Christ.

So you think a person undergoes some sort of physiological alteration when they are "born again"?

Therfore gay Christians are an impossibility.

There are plenty of gay Christians and not all forms of Christianity are as bigoted as yours is.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

You make that sound as though democrats are a bad thing. Also, you make all of us cringe when you generalize. By virtue of reading this thread, you would find at least 5 people who aren't uncomfortable around gays. Which makes your statement look foolish.
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Why the hell do you bring politics into this? Yes it is a hot-topic issue, but it is a humanitarian and a human rights issue. This isn't Democrat vs. Republican, this is Those Who Value A Better Society vs. Those Who Want To Remain Years Behind The Rest Of The World. And for the record, I am perfectly comfortable around gay and lesbian people. I am VERY heterosexual, and I see no problem if two people who love each other and are of the same sex want to have sex.
Showing 106-120 of 704