3 Pretty bad
2 Almost horrible
1 Plain ugly

• 22 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I think that rating system is unnecessary. You could just think of the current rating system as those descriptions for each number. There is also the option of rating something x.5, where x is a number from 0-9.

LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

There is not much point of putting something like this into Armor Games 3. It slightly wastes the staff's time because they already have a lot to deal with at the moment.

if you would really like to back-up this idea then i suggest that you bring it up at some time where not much is going on. They are thing about the Big Things right now, rather than the small 'twitches' which can be sorted out some other time. Besides, i don't really think it is much of a good idea but you may debate this in a suitable period of time - other than this one.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

The scale could be possible, but what I do think they should do is that you actually have to play the game and get past a certain level; because all you really have to do is to open every game and with the click of a mouse, whala: 2 AP!

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

I think they may be changing that for AG3, or at least be giving very little AP for rating a game, I think Cormyn mentioned.

Good. Because I think Cen is the only one who actually plays the games and rates them. Not that it's a bad thing, though.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Instead of this they are going to have a color rating. From what I remember (and I may be wrong because it was several months ago) 1-4 was a red/gray rating, 5-7 was a yellow rating, and 8-10 was a green rating.

And yeah, they may or may not reward AP for rating games. They've mentioned reducing it to one point.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

And yeah, they may or may not reward AP for rating games. They've mentioned reducing it to one point.

I think they should eliminate any temptation to farm AP and just put it down to zero. Of course then less people would rate, so one is probably best. The color rating would be interesting to have and see how it works out.
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

But people shouldn't be rating just for the points anyways; that's not the point.

They shouldn't, but they do, like it actually means something. Which is one of the big issues of the current points system.
LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

I think, like the comments, they should have a 'waiting' system. So if you rate a game you wait, but not for 30 seconds - for about 30 minuutes. This will reduce the temptation to spam the ratings and it will mean more people will be spending time having fun than getting shouted at by moderators. I only rate a game every once in a while. I mainly play games i enjoy rather than finding games i havn't played. Finding old games that i have never came across is good too, you get a feel of what AG used t be like.

Anyway, back to the topic, as i said before, we should put a time to wait (not neccessarily the time i considered), just a time that most of us can agree on.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I think, like the comments, they should have a 'waiting' system. So if you rate a game you wait, but not for 30 seconds - for about 30 minuutes.

That's a hassle for some players who get bored or cannot play a game and then switch after 15 minutes.
LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

That's a hassle for some players who get bored or cannot play a game and then switch after 15 minutes

So my point being, get to a time limit that the community can agree on. In this case, it is 15 minutes.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It would be better to limit players on how many games they can rate a day, say around 30. That is if they still reward points for rating. A time limit above five minutes sounds too restricted. Not all games take that long to make an opinion of.

LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

It would be better to limit players on how many games they can rate a day

That seems like a good idea although the amount in a day should be slightly less than you considered. I don't think that users need to go around playing every game that they find, mainly the games that they enjoy. They can still have a good look around for different games that they enjoy but this doesn't have to be lots in the space of just one day.

A time limit above five minutes sounds too restricted

In my opinion, i don't really think this because they would be spending more than five minutes playing the game instead of randomly going around and giving really random ratings. So i think that there should be around 22 ratings a day (so that is 44 AP just for rating games - unless they change the amount of points you get to 1, then i would agree with the number that GhostOfMatrix reffered to which was 30 which would mean that you get 30 Armor Points a day) and have a time limit of around 6-9 minutes. Just my personal opinion.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Personally I don't think rating a game should warrant any AP, given that it's just mindless clicking, time limit or not, limited games per day or not. Furthermore, there are close to 2 million users, so it's virtually impossible to get a consensus on what the limits should be. And since AG is democratic in nature (Hmmm the mods seem to be a group of oligarchs...), then it's just infeasible.

Showing how many games a person has rated on his page would more or less fulfil any goals of showing who are the actual active gamers whilst removing the incentive to farm points.

LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

I think, no matter what you click, the creator's average score is very important to them because it may have an impact on wether they would spend the time and money to create a 2nd version. If a user has time to think about his/her comment instead of

mindless clicking
then it will have a huge impact on the future...

Just a thought.
CabzIndustries
CabzIndustries
35 posts
Nomad

Or they couldm make it so that the ability to rate the game comes after playing one level of the game to reduce spam.

Showing 1-15 of 22