ForumsPopular MediaThe Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (LOTR Prequel)

39 15454
ScouseWarrior
ScouseWarrior
1,391 posts
Nomad

What are you thoughts about the trailer, of the new Lord of The Rings trailer for the film? My thoughts at first was that it was taking a new aspect of comedy, but towards the end of it, everything started to get more dramatic and fastly paced. The story seems to revolve around Frodos uncle Bilbo and about how he came into accuitance of the ring.

Link to the trailer:

• 39 Replies
impulse255dj
impulse255dj
48 posts
Farmer

I'm well looking forward to this :-)

But I'm not entirely sure if splitting it into 2 movies is necessary. I'm guessing that they are doing it in order to expand on what is happening to the other characters, if memory serves me correctly the entire book pretty much centers on Bilbo up until the the stand off between the Dwarves and the men of Lake Town.

Zamiel
Zamiel
175 posts
Nomad

I'm really looking forward to this film and i read the books so i'm also looking forward to smaug and especially to the *spoiler* barrel travel if anyone who read the book remembers it.

Small question though has anyone arround here ever read the children of hurin or the silmarillion ?

sorry for the bad english.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

I'm really looking forward to this film and i read the books so i'm also looking forward to smaug and especially to the *spoiler* barrel travel if anyone who read the book remembers it.

warning, contains spoiler, read the following text only if you read the book:

i want to see the riddle battle between bilbo and golum and i want to see the giant spiders in the forest. and the encounter with the three giants.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

three giants

Trolls. They were trolls.

First I ever heard of this

I look forward to it.
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

I've been waiting for this the hobit is finally being turned into a film LTOR FTW.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

three giants

Trolls. They were trolls.

First I ever heard of this

I look forward to it.

oh, sorry, i meant three trolls.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

who doesn't want to see Bilbo cut up giant spiders?

Moi. Not very fond of seeing the little people stab tiny swords about.
gooeyglop1
gooeyglop1
345 posts
Nomad

Ooh, I read the book- Can't wait for the movie!

Showing 31-38 of 39