ForumsThe TavernArmor Games hit 2 million

16 2927
Roccess
Roccess
240 posts
Peasant

2 million players. Heh, put THAT in the news section instead of games that make people sick. They get addicted to them until another game comes out, then the creator of it is all sad people quit posting on their page: 'OMG UR GAMES R EPIK'. No one ever mentions the Creator is epic, only thier games. But, I'll stick on topic. Armor Games now has over 2 million players. (Yeesh, a few days ago it only had 1,994,000...) This is really mixed topics... eh.

• 16 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

And I bet you that half of those accounts are ghost accounts and have not been active for a long time.

johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

I bet you that half of those accounts are ghost accounts

I bet that 7/8th of them have less then 5 AP...
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I bet that 7/8th of them have less then 5 AP...

TO be exact only about 11.88% have over 5 AP. I wonder why there are so many accounts that are made but do nothing.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

There are some that probably just make an account to access game saves and stuff.

But you could still rate games or comment on them so they are better in the future.
Then there are alts and all that jazz...

I don't think tons of people have alts but some would come from that.
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Have you ever seen those "The light signals are very important" or the "Watch Bears at Packers live stream" etc. account? Well, there you go.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

But you could still rate games or comment on them so they are better in the future.

Why would they want to? All they want is to save their game progress...

^

I played on here back in '08, never thought of making an account until I found a game that could save progress via account. Now more of those games are increasing, letting people see high scores from their Accounts and such. A lot of the active users you see on the forums, you don't see on high score lists. There are more people here than we realize, even though they don't show their faces constantly here.

There is some account that shows how many people have less than 5 AP, and those that have 0. But I doubt 7/8ths have less than 5...
TheNinjaDragon
TheNinjaDragon
30 posts
Nomad

Where do u guys get the numbers for percentages of people with less than or greater than "x" amount of points? Must be a freaky estimate.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This is a full three months earlier than what I had predicted! Of course, I hadn't anticipated the number of spammers and online multiplayer games that we'd get in the six months from May.

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

There is some account that shows how many people have less than 5 AP, and those that have 0. But I doubt 7/8ths have less than 5.

That would still leave 250,000 active(ish) accounts though.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

There is some account that shows how many people have less than 5 AP, and those that have 0. But I doubt 7/8ths have less than 5...

OK. So it isn't exactly 7/8 but is pretty close. I went to johnmerz's alt that has 5 AP and he was ranked about 236,000.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Let's just congratulate ArmorGames with a new record member-count (never thought they would come here from 500,000 when I joined) and hope they will ultimately delete all those ghost accounts, buuutttt... having a large number of members DOES make for an interesting fact for visiting potential users... think about that! =D

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

hope they will ultimately delete all those ghost accounts

Some people create accounts just for online game saves. Therefore, AP =/= activity, so 0 AP =/= inactive. This means that accounts should not be deleted, but the number you see in the profile does not count perma-banned accounts.
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Let's just congratulate ArmorGames with a new record member-count

How about let's congratulate ArmorGames for reaching not 2,000,000 users, but 2,038,127 users!

Or, how about "Let's congratulate people who keep creating alts to spam so that's why there's 2,000,000 + users here!
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Or, how about "Let's congratulate people who keep creating alts to spam so that's why there's 2,000,000 + users here!

According to mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, there are currently about 450,000 accounts with at least 1 AP. Also, many of the 0 AP accounts were created just for saves. Also keep in mind that there are spambots and that perma-banned users do not show up in the user count (on profiles).
Showing 1-14 of 16