ForumsSupport Forummerit comments don't get noticed as much as they should.

26 4642
ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

Hey im not sure if anyone thinks this but merit worthy comments don't always get seen,I myself have posted atleast 5 merit worthy comments and not one has been seen,I have asked people to see if I did it right,and even if I do they dont get noticed all the time,is it just me? Also I do realize that mods do work extreamly hard to try this,so cld some1 explain y?

• 26 Replies
The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

i think they do an alright job. sometimes you get lost in the shuffle on older less popular games, but oh well.

i just leave comments that i want to leave, if i want to talk a lot about a game and possibly get a merit, okay, if i just want to make fun of the game designer's mom, i do that too.

leaving comments for the sole purpose of getting a merit for it doesnt seem like the real purpose of merits.

at least not to me.

conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

There are a lot more merit-worthy posts than merits. Like, KingofGames has 4700 comments, but only three merits. I'm sure many more of his comments than three are good.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

He has that many comments, but they are mostly from chatting with friends.

Not all users who leave comments leave in-depth comments.

conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

Ok, I know I'm relatively new to the site, so...you get AP for posts in you're own account?????? Are you serious?????

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

No, you should not post on your own wall. But you do get points if you post on others walls.

conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

Um...again, I know I'm new here, but...
WHY????? I thought the whole point of AP is to encourage you to do things that help the site or others. That's why you get AP for forums and game comments. But why would you get AP for talking to your friend, which, besides for not accomplishing anything for anybody else, can be done in Chat when they're on???

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Merit lurking is a very tedious job for mods. They don't get much credit it that zone should just chill out a little. I've got about 100 comments but 1 merit. Like Carlie said, telling you where a good comment might be located is your best shot and even with that, you have a slim chance unless you are a constant great poster. You just got to get better at commenting until you become a known great commenter and mods might look around for you more often.

conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

Seriously? Then has anyone noticed that doesn't happen? I mean, looking at KingofGames profile, I don't see 1 comment that implies he's helping someone else or they're helping him. Examples of comments:
"just random comment "
"not much, in a pretty good mood!"
"gotta go off bye!"
I'm not trying to pick on anyone, but why would anyone get AP for posts like that, and why doesn't AG do something about it?

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I agree that people shouldn't get points for posting on others' walls, since very few times are they constructive posts. I personally delete most comments on my profile, and leave only the good posts. I usually do not post on others' profiles unless there is a decent reason, like to tell them they are spamming, or to report to a mod, etc.

Back to the point, I think mods do an excellent job with Merits. Yes, I have a few posts I have made that might have deserved merits but didn't get seen, but for the most part, you get back what you put in. If you put in the effort to make constructive posts, you will be rewarded in the long run...

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

also,do mods look at merit reconition cause 2 ppl nominated me 4 temple guardian and i didn't get a merit. and another also,copy and paste ppl are getting worse

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Just because you are nominated doesn't mean you will get a merit. Yes, the mods do check that page, sometimes it just takes them a day or two to get to it. Patience is a virtue )

The_Masquerade
The_Masquerade
140 posts
Nomad

The point of a merit worthy comment is not to get the merit. It is to actually make a worth reading post behind the pile of "this game sucks" and "awesome". Sometimes, the author actually reads their posts and I bet they smile widely when they see such a comment. So when I make a merit worthy post, I'd like to get a merit for it, but I would mainly like the author to read it and others to learn to make merit worthy posts.

phatcat
phatcat
24 posts
Nomad

How many moderators are there to award merits?

I second what masquerade said Merits shouldn't be sought after for their sake alone.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

All of the mods can award merits, and I believe admins as well, though I don't think they do as often.

How many mods are there, you ask? Just check here .

Girl_Power2
Girl_Power2
126 posts
Nomad

I don't really mind how long the take all you need to have is paitence and you will get them eventually so please stop complaining.

Showing 1-15 of 26