ForumsSupport ForumWhy do you get AP for profile comments??

41 7406
conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

(Just found out about this today, sorry. Putting it in a seperate thread, even though I started it somewhere else).

It makes no sense to get AP for this. The whole point of AP is to encourage users to do stuff that'll help others or AP. Is this what profile comments are for?
But has anyone noticed that doesn't happen? I mean, looking at KingofGames (lot of comments there) profile, I don't see 1 comment that implies he's helping someone else or they're helping him. Examples of comments:
"just random comment "
"not much, in a pretty good mood!"
"gotta go off bye!"
"ur mom doesnt count as a gf"
"moo"
"hej man iam back :P so how ya doing"
And this is only page 1!!!!
I'm not trying to pick on anyone, but why would anyone get AP for posts like that, and why doesn't AG do something about it?

• 41 Replies
conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

Okay, first I want to say that the Tavern game wipe-up is necessary to get rid of a lot of the spamming that goes on (even though True and False was at 7,000 posts ). But was this really AG's biggest priority? If anyone looked at the profile posts recently, they'd see a lot more spam than what was in true and flase, where at least people were participating and writing things better than "wats up" and "gtg, cya tom.". Why focus on the Tavern before the profiles?

jjbb18
jjbb18
398 posts
Nomad

why do people not want to get AP for profile comments its stupid the more ways to get AP the better!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

why do people not want to get AP for profile comments its stupid the more ways to get AP the better!

Because the system of giving users points for profile comments harbors spamming. And although many people try to hide the fact that they are spamming by leaving longer comments, they know that they are doing it for the points. It just isn't fair to give points out for conversation like that.
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Which is exactly why the Chat was made. (Although it is becoming a disaster!) Points should only be given to comments that are help or contribute to something important. Not stuff like "heyy, wutz ^?" But fo course, there couldn't be a way to filter that stuff out.....sigh.

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

Dread_Knight_22 please dojn't spam in the forums by doing this ???!?!??!?!? and I suppose what would happen if we lost all our AP for profile comments everybody would be arguing but I think they should just go!

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

well yea i agree with coheed
the chat sstem is a living disaster. but it would be hard to get points without chatting.

i know a few people who went up halfway up the highscores because of chatting.

conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

Well, is it a bad thing if it'd be hard. We have some already at or about to be at King. After that comes what?

armorgold
armorgold
273 posts
Nomad

i think we should delet all the spaming in kingofgames.

Alien_Galaxion_X
Alien_Galaxion_X
11 posts
Nomad

Well, I don't think this would be such a good idea because it'd arouse a lot of complaining and that might make people go away from armorgames, if they really care about points.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Well people aren't really supposed to be talking, I myself admit I talk a lot on the profiles, mostly answering what other people put on mine, but it's still talking, and still spamming, unfortuantly. I myself try to keep the comments down, and I hope they do make the profile comments worth 0 because that would get rid of all those unearned points on my profile.
As for chatting itself, I often get comments from random people saying 'nice profile', or 'nice AP' and such, those are definatly spam comments which I try to delete from my page if I see them because I know it's all for points, people would stop leaving these dumb, pointless, comments if it they were worth nothing to them, hence solving a little bit of the spam issue, i think.

@armorgold

'In' or 'Of', KingofGames' comments, I mean.
If you mean 'In', then yes, many of the comments he gets are 'CONGRATZ ON 1ST PLACE!!!!!!' or 'NICE AP!!' and I think that those should not be allowed because it's basically 'sneaky spamming', nobody deletes them, and nobody cares because everyone does it, and then a day later they may post another one(and then the next day too because it will get buried so no one will find it!), so there's no stopping them, as KingofGames does not delete the posts, as far as I know.
If you mean 'Of', then that's another story, I don't know who he talks to, or if they're all game comments perhaps, but I can't really say if it's all spam and if or if not it should be deleted, that's up to the mods!

Alien_Galaxion_X
Alien_Galaxion_X
11 posts
Nomad

Yeah, that's true. I, myself, have already gotten 28 points from profile comments.

Showing 31-41 of 41