ForumsThe TavernWorkshop (Stay Out of here, we don't want you)

507 62460
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

I hope you haven't fallen for this age-old trick and actually clicked on the link.
However, if you have, welcome. This is where ideas, plans, and dreams are built.
(More to come)

• 507 Replies
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

imagine a tree or a forest with any food (even meat) as fruits. lakes that tastes like a delicious drink. now imagine, after putting on some glasses, that the meat on these trees is human meat, and the lakes are filled with blood. you ate some meat from the trees and you drunk from the lakes. and soon you are on a tree as food for someone else while your blood fills a lake.

Nice. Written the right way and that would be chilling.
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

imagine a tree or a forest with any food (even meat) as fruits. lakes that tastes like a delicious drink. now imagine, after putting on some glasses, that the meat on these trees is human meat, and the lakes are filled with blood. you ate some meat from the trees and you drunk from the lakes. and soon you are on a tree as food for someone else while your blood fills a lake.

I don't go walking in the forests in New Jersey for fear of exactly this happening.

Idea:
Skin-pocket. Exactly what it sounds like. Because sometimes clothes don't have pockets for some stupid reason.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Idea:
Skin-pocket. Exactly what it sounds like. Because sometimes clothes don't have pockets for some stupid reason.

good idea but i have seen it in an one piece manga book. someone took a hammer out of his pocket skin.
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

This is definitely working out better than I thought it would.

An Idea: A world made of chocolate.
A Dream: A world made of glass.
A Nightmare: A world made of night.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Polar night happens already!
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

[quote]A Nightmare: A world made of night.

Polar night happens already![/quote]

Nicho, you're missing two key parts of that line, which is kind bad seeing as it is only seven words long to begin with. First of all, the word "world". The Polar regions of Earth, while the best regions of Earth (according to scientific fact that is impossible to refute) are not a world. They also experience long periods of daylight.

The second is "made". As in, its not just always night, it is made of night. Whatever that means. I don't really see how that is a nightmare though. In fact, if you think about it, it could be the opposite. Night is a time of safety, and comfort. Many nocturnal animals use the cover of darkness to hide from predators. Nighttime is the time of day when the scary things out there that want to eat you can't even find you.

But, even if it was just a world where it was always night over the entire planet, what would that mean? Nighttime is when the sun (or primary light source) is "below" the horizon. It is not simply darkness; the light source must still exist. So, how can an object be below the horizon for the entire planet? This means the entire planet is cast in its own shadow. Now, just imagining the topology of that is a nightmare!

Yes I realize I am being overly literal. I do that sometimes.

A dream: a civilization where no one can ever say what they actually mean.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Polar night happens already!

Nicho, you're missing two key parts of that line, which is kind bad seeing as it is only seven words long to begin with. First of all, the word "world". The Polar regions of Earth, while the best regions of Earth (according to scientific fact that is impossible to refute) are not a world. They also experience long periods of daylight.

The second is "made". As in, its not just always night, it is made of night. Whatever that means. I don't really see how that is a nightmare though. In fact, if you think about it, it could be the opposite. Night is a time of safety, and comfort. Many nocturnal animals use the cover of darkness to hide from predators. Nighttime is the time of day when the scary things out there that want to eat you can't even find you.

But, even if it was just a world where it was always night over the entire planet, what would that mean? Nighttime is when the sun (or primary light source) is "below" the horizon. It is not simply darkness; the light source must still exist. So, how can an object be below the horizon for the entire planet? This means the entire planet is cast in its own shadow. Now, just imagining the topology of that is a nightmare!

i think he means a worls made out of darkness-

what would you chose, to live forever alone or to die in 2 seconds with your family? and with forever alone i mean just you and only you floating in an empty place with nothing to entertain you.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

what would you chose, to live forever alone or to die in 2 seconds with your family? and with forever alone i mean just you and only you floating in an empty place with nothing to entertain you.

I'd be fine with forever alone in an empty place. Just peacefully chillin', focused on the positives like "at least there's not violence, hatred, Bieber, etc here". 2 seconds before dying isn't much other than to say "bye" or perhaps to screw with them and quickly shout "I'm immortal!"
TinyAnt
TinyAnt
70 posts
Nomad

You know that delicious peanut buttery stuff that is in Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and other candies similiar?
Sure, it's probably filled with nasty artificial things that somehow make it taste good, but bottle it up to sell and $$$.
Profit!
That would be delicious.
And imagine a world where nothing is bad for you. Candy, cake, cookies, and everything else is healthy for you.
That would be wonderful.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

I'd be fine with forever alone in an empty place. Just peacefully chillin', focused on the positives like "at least there's not violence, hatred, Bieber, etc here". 2 seconds before dying isn't much other than to say "bye" or perhaps to screw with them and quickly shout "I'm immortal!"

good, 2 seconds are not enough to say good bye. but re-think, no internet, no t.v., no consoles, no games, nothing and REALLY nothing to entertain you. just you, floating forever around in a state where you can not move.

You know that delicious peanut buttery stuff that is in Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and other candies similiar?
Sure, it's probably filled with nasty artificial things that somehow make it taste good, but bottle it up to sell and $$$.
Profit!
That would be delicious.
And imagine a world where nothing is bad for you. Candy, cake, cookies, and everything else is healthy for you.
That would be wonderful.

indeed.

so, imagine a world where nobody has senses, except feeling. you could feel pain or the wind on your skin but you could not smell roses or taste delicious candy. would it be a good dream or a nightmare?
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

I like you Aknerd. Thanks for explaining to Nichodemus.

I have an idea. I'd like everyone to have money. Yes. Just like that. If everyone had money and it never ran out there'd be no need for... Wait, isn't that what welfare is trying to do...? I must complain to the UN, they'd stolen my idea.
Anyway, I dream of someday being able to traverse the Universe. Not in rockets, not with drones or satellites, but as humans. That would be a dream come true.
And I want wings, to fly with. Voila! the world would be the best place to live in.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I'd like everyone to have money

I'd like to cause mass inflation, cause rampant unemployment, and ruin the world economy. We should team up.
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

I'd like to cause mass inflation, cause rampant unemployment, and ruin the world economy. We should team up.

Do you really mean that? I WORK for the destruction of the World. The sooner it collapses and gets destroyed the sooner I get to go to SOMEWHERE.
TinyAnt
TinyAnt
70 posts
Nomad

Anyway, I dream of someday being able to traverse the Universe. Not in rockets, not with drones or satellites, but as humans. That would be a dream come true.

It would, that would be great. But as an add on to that, the ability to breathe without oxygen. Then we could live on other planets... Well, of course, they'd have to be fairly similiar to Earth... with water, a good distance from the sun to get good temperature so we don't die from heat or from freezing, and probably fertile soil for farming. But of course that would lead to something similiar to Star Wars or Star Trek as nations try to take over (or obliterate) entire planets and stuff.
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

It would, that would be great. But as an add on to that, the ability to breathe without oxygen. Then we could live on other planets... Well, of course, they'd have to be fairly similiar to Earth...

Oh that... I think of us Humans eventually modified in the future to the point that we don't have to have Earth Conditions to live on another planet.
I'm always dreaming of going far away from here. Why?
Showing 31-45 of 507