ForumsThe TavernWorkshop (Stay Out of here, we don't want you)

507 62456
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

I hope you haven't fallen for this age-old trick and actually clicked on the link.
However, if you have, welcome. This is where ideas, plans, and dreams are built.
(More to come)

• 507 Replies
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Intresting, and how does he try to get rid of the condition? Can he tell people about it? Why is the condition so terrible?

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

Intresting, and how does he try to get rid of the condition? Can he tell people about it? Why is the condition so terrible?

He does tell people about it. The reason why he doesn't like it because he can see things that he'd rather not see.

I hope this thread becomes as good as my Haiku Land.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Just an idea thread?

Human mouths with all their teeth fused together, and index fingers without the last joint.

That's what I dream.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I went to sleep at one time, and I dreamed I went to sleep at a different time. (I think. Time dreams are so confusing.) So it would be cool to have a story where the main character is really going through time unintentially and misses most of his life. And has to try to stop it before he dies. But he fails anyways. AND IS REBORN. As a new baby. And he relizes he has to deal with it. Or does he?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Just an idea thread?

If time was currency instead of money.
Ohwait. Already been made into a movie
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The disability of being able to read a person's mind just by looking at them, having no way of stopping the process from happening. Might be nifty and sweet at the start? What if you kept tuning in to the negative and dark thoughts of people? What if they found out you were tunnelling through their minds, and every single thought of theirs becomes warped due to such paranoia and disgust? You would never again have a full and wholesome emotional relationship with anyone, because part of the relationship is trying your best to guess, pacify and decide how to live with the person. With the answers laid bare in front of you, thoughts, emotions, the thrill of the chase, the nervous heartbeat when you try to figure your loved ones out, would just be laid in front of your feet. Life would lack meaning and be prosaic, mundane, intolerable when you have all the keys and answers.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Woah Nichodemus, thanks for the lovely optimistic afternoon thought.

So true though. The flip side. What if it wasn't only you. What if your thoughts were on show for the world to see. You know during movies when someones texting and that little text box appears on the screen? What would happen if that appeared every time you had a thought. Like, nothing was private.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

That would make for an FBI paradise won't it? On one hand, you know that any thoughts you have would be reflected; on the other, just thinking about it means that you are engaging paradoxically in such activities. It's even worse than 1984, since you have to blank out all thoughts and be a robot just to have privacy. But then...what is privacy without self-reflection and imagination?

Or the sickening impulse of not wanting to think about anything, but just doing it for some reason. I lack tolerance.

Woah Nichodemus, thanks for the lovely optimistic afternoon thought.

No problemo~~
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Imagine a world where wealth was measured in a game. A game similar to, let's say, World of Warcraft becomes the main source of everything. If a man is wealthy in the real world, but has little objects in the game, he is as worthy as a beggar. And a beggar accumulates a lot of objects in the game, he replaces the wealthy man. Entire lives depend strictly on what happens in the game. A man "harvests" 5 tomatoes in the game, that's all he gets to eat for the day in real life. You don't collect water, you don't drink it until the next "harvest time".

I'm actually quite frightened by the idea of something like that. A virtual life controls the real us, the human part of us. There's no love, hate, despair, happiness, nothing. That'd be a horrible world to live in

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Imagine a world where wealth was measured in a game. A game similar to, let's say, World of Warcraft becomes the main source of everything. If a man is wealthy in the real world, but has little objects in the game, he is as worthy as a beggar. And a beggar accumulates a lot of objects in the game, he replaces the wealthy man. Entire lives depend strictly on what happens in the game. A man "harvests" 5 tomatoes in the game, that's all he gets to eat for the day in real life. You don't collect water, you don't drink it until the next "harvest time".

I'm actually quite frightened by the idea of something like that. A virtual life controls the real us, the human part of us. There's no love, hate, despair, happiness, nothing. That'd be a horrible world to live in

I smell the excited and perverse glee of WoW fanboys and 40 year old virgins.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

I smell the excited and perverse glee of WoW fanboys and 40 year old virgins.

http://www.tickld.com/images/751.png

Not 40, but close enough
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Pity the image's owner doesn't allow it to be hotlinked. What was it?

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

**** you SOPA...

http://data.whicdn.com/images/21153103/this-is-how-i-protect-my-virginity_large.jpg

If that doesn't work, here's a direct link

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Human mouths with all their teeth fused together, and index fingers without the last joint.

The floss industry would go bankrupt. For both reasons.

A nightmare:
Whenever you think a mean thought about someone, whenever someone's little habits start to annoy you, you have to speak your mind. Even if you love them.

An Idea: A pair a pants made out of a material that reacts to certain chemicals, changing colors upon contact. For instance, every time you fart, the seat of your jeans would turn green. I imagine this would have a very select market.

A milestone:
1,000 posts.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

imagine a tree or a forest with any food (even meat) as fruits. lakes that tastes like a delicious drink. now imagine, after putting on some glasses, that the meat on these trees is human meat, and the lakes are filled with blood. you ate some meat from the trees and you drunk from the lakes. and soon you are on a tree as food for someone else while your blood fills a lake.

Showing 16-30 of 507