ForumsWEPRGay Marrige??

203 34350
depretis
depretis
129 posts
Nomad

I think that gay marrige should be approved in every state in the U.S. I know it has been approved in California and just recently in Pennsylvania, but should it realy be allowed? I think it should be, I mean just because your gay doesn't mean you shoud have less rights then straight people. Gays should have the equal rights to get married just the way I do. Shouldn't they?? Tell me what you think.

• 203 Replies
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Wen people start bein intolernat to gays and bisexuals warning bells go of in my head cos i know that niggas and jews is next. That trains never late! People who are against gays are just doin it cos they aint allowed to do it to black, jewish,asian, arab people anymore. They are just proffessional bigots

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@woody_7007

There's no reason to use racial slurs. Though most who oppose gay marriage are not racist. They either hate the lifestyle, idea of being gay, or have religious objections to it.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Actually...while it is technically improper to accuse one who is intolerant of various sexualities of being intolerant in other ways (racially, gendered), there seems to be little ground to say that the treatments of discrimination differ in any significant way.

It does come down to the same thing- hostility to something that one is aware of but is unfamiliar with, and a separatist agenda. A century ago, or around the time of To Kill a Mockingbird, awareness of homosexuality as an issue was low because racial issues were all the rage. After all, when all of God's people went to heaven, the black and the white people would all be put into different houses.

Same thing, different time.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

To be fair, I'm going to wait a little longer before coming in to this one. Strop, I trust you can understand why. Oh, please give some of the younglings a chance to show their "smarts". If they have it.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I think we all deserve the right to enter into a contract with another consenting adult that will eventually lead to losing all your belongs, most of your pride, and send you down the road to unhappiness.

buddyfive
buddyfive
43 posts
Nomad

it acward

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Asherlee, well if you put it like that, then who cares if gay marriage is legal or not? We all end up in the same boat anyway :P

Ichibon, of course I understand why.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Well, I think we all deserve the right to have a choice. I am just a skeptic when it comes to marriage. I have seen so many of them fail and end horribly. I will say, I bet once legalization is wide-spread that the divorce rates for gay couples will be less than straight. We can go years and years without having to be married, so imagine what will happen when we can...

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

I think gay marriage should be banned from every state!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Want to back that up, Craze?

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

I think Crazies should be banned in all 50 states!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I think we all deserve the right to have a choice.

Agreed. I just hope that it doesn't change again. I read that people are trying to get it on the ballot again, so that they can vote against it. But we will see. I hope that is stays, because everyone deserves the same rights.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Flip, you are so right! Let's just stick them all in Minnesota. It's so gosh darn cold up there, donchya know?

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

hahaha, oh man, My girlfriend says donchya know (jokingly, she doesn't actually have a Minnesota accent) when shes poking fun . and i find it so hilarious for some reason.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I do, too - oddly! I make fun of my girlfriends real accent (in reality I think it is the hottest thing ever).

Showing 46-60 of 203