ForumsWEPRGay Marrige??

203 34351
depretis
depretis
129 posts
Nomad

I think that gay marrige should be approved in every state in the U.S. I know it has been approved in California and just recently in Pennsylvania, but should it realy be allowed? I think it should be, I mean just because your gay doesn't mean you shoud have less rights then straight people. Gays should have the equal rights to get married just the way I do. Shouldn't they?? Tell me what you think.

• 203 Replies
Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

Is this a discussion with Flip & Ash?And Ash if your a girl that means your a lesbean if your in love with another girl.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Right...and...?

Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

You said you were gay thats impossible for a girl.

Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

Girl Power, you should refrain from playing with words. Obviously, what she meant was pretty obvious

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Gay is often used to refer to both homosexual males and females, just in case you didn't know.

Haha, thats great that your girlfriend has an accent like that. Omg I would probably laugh all day. I think its such a different sounding accent, its not like the other American accents.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

How is that impossible...? The term gay is not exclusively used for males that are homosexual. Let's use some easy logic of modus ponens.

All homosexuals are gay.
All lesbians are homosexuals.
Thus, all lesbians are gay.

Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

Opps sorry did not know that I'm not debating on this anyway ha ha.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Oh, no she doesn't have that yankee accent. She is half Mexican. She sounds a bit like Selma H. It's that sultry latina accent. It isn't very thick, but just enough. Some of her words are obvious.

So, I put on my best mexican accent and make fun of her.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Oh okay lol, you made it seem like she said dontchya know all the time . My Girlfriend doesn't have any accents, possibly a California one, and same goes for me. But my parents have Polish accents, I think I used to have one when I saw younger, oh well.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Well, why not GP? What is your opinion on gay marriage?

Flip, I bet a few words you say still has a bit of an accent. My accent is weird. I have a Texas accent mixed with my father's north Spanish accent. Many people don't know that they don't speak Spanish throughout Spain. He speaks a dialect called Euskara. I think vomiting sounds better than that language...

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

hahaha thats great.

Ya i suppose you are right. I do say almonds, apricots, .... and a bunch of other words differently.

Do any other countries allow gay marriage? I was just thinking, and I don't think Poland ever would. They are extremely conservative Catholics over there.

Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

This is not my opinion butit is someone elses from Wikidepeidea

Why We Can't Redefine Marriage
Some believe the word 'marriage' can mean whatever you want. The Vatican asks us to stand up for the politically incorrect truth
By Charlotte Hays

Let's stop talking about the slippery slope. A society that is debating making "marriage" between two people of the same sex (why stop at two?) a legal right has nearly hit bottom. Am I the only one who finds this an absolutely astonishing debate, something out of Federico Fellini's Satyricon?
It's because of this that the recent Vatican document condemning homosexual unions is heroic. At this juncture in history, anyone who questions the right of homosexuals to marry is likely to be derided as backwards or a hater. But the Vatican document, which contains some lovely passages, reiterates what Western (and Eastern) civilization has always understood about marriage: it is a union between a man and a woman. In the Christian tradition, this union is sanctioned by the Creator. "Marriage is not just any relationship between human beings," the Vatican warns.

Proponents of gay marriage believe the word "marriage" can mean whatever you want it to mean. This, says the Vatican, is not the case. Though there are numerous loving, longstanding, and arguably beneficial quasi-marriages between members of the same sex (this is me speaking, not the Vatican), these relationships are not marriages. Wishful thinking and the thoroughly modern notion that reality is malleable will not change this. "No ideology can erase from the human spirit the certainty that marriage exists solely between a man and a woman," the document states, "who by mutual personal gifts, proper and exclusive to themselves, tend toward the communion of their persons."

Most of us know homosexual couples whose company we enjoy and whom we admire. But this doesn't mean that the Church or the secular legal system should redefine the most basic of human relationships. "[R]espect for homosexual persons cannot lead in any way to approval of homosexual behavior or to legal recognition of homosexual unions," the Vatican document states.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

@ Flip - Spain, Canada, and South Africa. My girlfriend and I are considering moving back to Spain (well, it would be going back for me). They are super liberal and the water is beautiful all year long. I just hate the food.

@ GP - there is a lot I could comment on about that little tid bit, but I want to know your opinion.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

i seriously dont see whats so wrong with gay marriage, just because someone likes someone else that is the same sex doesnt mean they should be stopped from being able to have rights like everyone else, its because humans hate everyone and everything that is diffrent than them, and people treat others very harshly

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

my friend's dads got married last weekend

Showing 61-75 of 203