ForumsWEPRwhy is america fat

170 72688
fracell
fracell
67 posts
Nomad

is it the lack of exercise stress junk food (go ahead blame the food) or what i think it is technology were so dependant on technology that we stay inside all day with little human contact i am verry fit i go outside everyday run with my dog do 300 pushups a day do benchpresses and curls punch the bag ect. and i joined the navy seals and marine force recon why can no one else do this its the easyest thing in the world tell me about your ideas

• 170 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

It'll be interesting to compare the calories absorbed from similar meal from different restaurants. For example when I eat a burger and fries from Burger King I feel full for at least 4 hours while when I eat the same (burger & fries) from Steak & Shake, I feel hungry after two hours which make me want to buy two burgers and double fries to compensate. I'll end up paying more money in the end to be equally satisfied but how many more calories did I absorb?

From my own experience, I noticed that I can eat less by chewing more. At first I felt like I was starving but after a week, I didn't notice any difference.

Of course if I plan on riding my bike for 48KM/day (which I often do), I'll eat lots of carbs a few hours before.
If I eat the same and play games on AG for the same amount of time,
I won't feel so great.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

why does everyone love facebook

facebook= stalkers guide to life

i think it is mainly because of places like mcdonalds. why? well ok so you know how a good amount of our population is poor , like any other countries correct? well since many poor people cannot afford to go to the food store, they are forced to eat at mcdonalds because of the dreaded dollar menu. at first everything is fine, but they the horridly deformed chickens and greessed up balls of sludge take their tolls on the family and they become obese. now if say the father was looking for work, well, would you want to higher someone who was obese? most likely not, no matter how well dressed they are, you would take a fit person of the obese person. so the family is doomed to mcdonalds.

then their is the flip side of that, the rich family. if they have sooo much money, the would have to do very little. "who needs to play sports, everyone already thinks im great because im rich" this is the side that is more so based on lazyness then food. being lazy results in the childern being spoiled with everything and they can get what ever they want, even if that means pizza every night.

another theory?

alright you know the smell of fast food places? yes, those smells do NOT come from the food itself. what the companies do is get children to smell different chemicals and see which one is the most addictive. the chemicals lore the person in and so they decide, "well one hambuger couldnt hurt". slowly the will to resist the hamburger is weekend because of the good taste and smell and obviosly because of the easy access to a mcdonalds. so they become trapped.

now im not saying that the food alone is what does it all. the man who has eaten about 1000 big macs, about 3 a day, is extremely skinny. but a good chunk of the lazyness comes from the exhaustion that the fatty foods provide after you eat them.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

people are pretty much free in America

they can do mostly whenever they want to.

hence the line "the land of the free"
you explain freedom like its a bad thing. i would rather not get into a political debate on a fitness thread. how are americans pressured to eat their? as you stated, we are free people, no one is making us. the problem is addiction. american or non american, it doesnt matter. if you eat enough mcdonalds, it will be hard to break away from. the problem is that in america, fast food restaurants are so easy to get to and their are so many of them.
Fredman12
Fredman12
47 posts
Nomad

hey fracel not all of us are ex marines like you. So you should consider what you call easy work. i mean whats easy for one guy inst all that easy for a guy who hasn't done anything for years. I say its the life style. Americans and cars, food, and tvs.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

hey fracel not all of us are ex marines like you

He's not an ex marine. He's a lying 16 year old who claimed he was in both the marines AND the Navy seals, despite being underaged for both and that you can't even be in both at once.

So yeah.
Kellinger
Kellinger
158 posts
Nomad

America is getting fat because we can be lazy and eat fast food and not exercise, that is the answer. Thou Question Hath Been Answered

Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

America promotes apathy. That's why.

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

As Partydevil said, I think it is the size of the food.

I went to America and everything food wise was nearly twice the size. It's great for a holiday but if you're constantly eating off these enormous portions, I'm not surprised many Americans are obese.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

America promotes apathy. That's why.

But why do more and more European countries also show rising numbers of fat and obese people? Adopting the American way of life? Globalization? Capitalism? Coincidence?

I still think that aggressive advertisement has a role to play. Of course it's the people who in the end decide what to eat, but the advertisements are applying exactly at those decisions.
Roccess
Roccess
240 posts
Peasant

America has everything imported, so less work for us, I guess. And people are scratching their heads wondering why the economy is crap >.> And America, you could say, is a rich country. (Even though because of the importing and bad economy, and we ask other countries for money, we're out about a trillion moola's) So it's more likely for us to have Salt and Fat, and inturn become fat. And, we have so many public drinking fountains and some 'free samples' at Markets, (Which they have in almost every town) it would be almost impossible to starve.

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

well I got a bucket of KFC left overs in the fridge I guess thats why

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I agree.

Portion size is ridiculous. The large sodas at McDonalds and Burger King used to be extra-larges and King Sizes. I wouldn't be surprised if they become mediums at some point.

I don't like generalizing/stereotyping however. Just because somebody is fat doesn't mean they're lazy and eat fast food everyday. I recognize that this may be a large portion of cases, but I feel some may be saying that this is ALL cases, which is untrue.

Some people have disorders and can't help being obese; there isn't much they can do. Others, like myself, have physical ailments that make exercise an actual impossibility.

Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

Im just thankful for shows like Jersey shore, to help us motivate ourselves to be better,

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Ther is an easy explanation for this:
In USA, the poor peoples get tickets for food. Its not alot of money, but enough to buy a hamburger or french fries.
They cant afford Vegetables or healthy food, so the only thing they can afford is fast, unhealthy food.
even more, its the most Accessible, easy to get, tasty and Satisfies food type. Small kids are getting used to be served fast food for breakfast-lunch-dinner, cuz its give the parents more time at work, because they dont need to cook.
The suprise is, that in poorer counteries, like afganistan and the villages of china, peoples are healthier, just because of that. they need to eat, not have to eat.

Proudofsam
Proudofsam
2 posts
Nomad

I think America is fat because we have the best food in the world.

also people don't wanna get up and be active

Showing 91-105 of 170