Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is homosexuality right or wrong?

Posted Dec 22, '12 at 2:47am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

And when I meant I don't know much about it I meant I have no clue as to how they actually think.

I would guess like everyone else in the world. If you mean how is the neurological workings of say a gay guy different compared to that of a straight guy. The parts of the gay guys brain that affect sexuality is closer to that of a woman then a man. And vice versa with lesbians.

Posted Dec 22, '12 at 4:54am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,260 posts

Knight

The parts of the gay guys brain that affect sexuality is closer to that of a woman then a man. And vice versa with lesbians.

I once read something about how the brain of gay guys is not feminine, and that of lesbians not masculine, but simply different. So I ask you, is there any consensus on what you said, or is it just the opinion of some researchers? Or a fact?

Posted Dec 22, '12 at 10:29am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

I once read something about how the brain of gay guys is not feminine, and that of lesbians not masculine, but simply different. So I ask you, is there any consensus on what you said, or is it just the opinion of some researchers? Or a fact?

I've only heard how the brain can resemble the opposite sex.

Symmetry Of Homosexual Brain Resembles That Of Opposite Sex, Swedish Study Finds
Gay brains structured like those of the opposite sex

"Adding fuel to the fire is the finding that gay menâs brain reactions to the chemicals were similar to womenâs reactions."
http://anomalyarchives.wordpress.com/2005/05/12/forbes-debate-rekindled-in-homosexual-brain-research/

Maybe there are more recent studies that I'm not aware of.

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 11:14am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,242 posts

Knight

Well, I'm glad the Church is in decline then.

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 11:30am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,856 posts

the church teaches that it is wrong

The church says a lot of things are wrong, some are sensible things we don't need a church to tell us are wrong and others are downright stupid. Why should a group of people who think there's a higher power that never does anything have a right to decide what is and is not wrong? Leave it to the law, and if the law is corrupt, leave it to yourself.

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 12:15pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,140 posts

I can't believe the title of this topic... even the question by itself shows a lack of intellect in my opinion. Who are we to judge what is right or wrong about homosexuality?

My best friend is gay and I love him to death, even though I am heterosexual. The fact that he likes men and I prefer women doesn't make for one bit of difference about whether or not it is right... even if you were to play the 'God' card in this 'discussion', which is something done way too often in my opinion, who are you as a follower of god to judge your fellow man or woman? Isn't this God's perogative then? At least that's what they turn to and say when they are cornered about any subject.

I think we should let people mind their own business as a 'World Citizen' and enjoy their life the way they want to. They are not harming anybody with their preferences.

You don't see me walking down the street shouting at red haired women that they are witches, right? No, I thought not... I say we need to keep an open mind and do not judge too quickly, especially those matters we don't have a right to, like homosexuality.

[/rare rant]

(To clarify: this rare rant of mine is the cause of a short but overheated discussion I had when encountering a gay-basher a few days ago. There you have it... period)

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 2:48pm

shortstopkid123

shortstopkid123

20 posts

I may not love homosexuals or anything but i think it is fine and unconstitutional to say it is wrong. like naturally they feel that way. Its not their problem or a problem. its not like they ruin society or anything. They contribute just as much as you and I do. And is it really going to affect you, them being gay and all? Like is it really going to affect your life? And the US Constitution (not to get in great detail) states somewhere that all people are treated fairly. Gay people, lesbian people are people to you know. To treat them unfairly and say they cannot marry is wrong. But thats another story.

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 2:51pm

shortstopkid123

shortstopkid123

20 posts

and my friend came out of the closet before going to college. I am still friends with him, I pretty much still see him the say. I'm fine with it. i might think about it a little,, but I forget about it. We still have fun going to the movies, playing paintball or videogames. He's like all of my other friends. he's just gay. Not really much of a difference.

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 9:38pm

The1337Wut

The1337Wut

1 post

Yes, it is wrong. It takes children away from the planet, children that could grow up to do big things, like invent a flying car available to the public, or solve global warming for good. And its just nasty at that.

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 12:21am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,711 posts

It takes children away from the planet,

Because, y'know, we don't have enough as it is

children that could grow up to do big things, like invent a flying car available to the public, or solve global warming for good

Really? This pathetic argument? Alright then..my turn
Children that could grow up to do horrid things, like another holocaust

And its just nasty at that

How is it nasty? Because you don't like it?

Reply to Is homosexuality right or wrong?

You must be logged in to post a reply!