Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is homosexuality right or wrong?

Posted Feb 3, '13 at 12:16pm

MagicTree

MagicTree

773 posts

Well who has the right to say if it's right or wrong for humanity?

That is just so true. Why should any of you decide if it is right for someone to be homosexual? Why should we care if someone is homosexual or attracted to the other sex? Does it actually make a difference?

In many states gay marriage is illegal. Why? Those bonobos don't care. Why should we? Argh, humanity can be so moronic at times!

Posted Feb 3, '13 at 3:32pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

5,378 posts

the thing that no person who says its wrong can answer one simple question: what makes something wrong?

they can only "explain" why homosexuality is wrong in a specific way yet they cant tell the definition of something that is wrong. thats their problem, their education and open minded way of thought are so limited they havnt learned what CHILDREN know. usually its the book they rely on to tell them what is wrong.

i personally am really proud that my 10 year old brother (who isnt the smartest boy in the world) understands something so many people cant. when i realised he accepts homosexuality i was shocked because nobody even talked to him about this subject before and i would have expected him to be homophobic since so many people use that word as an insult. people should really be ashamed of themselves that their judgement is worse then that of a child

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 1:04pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,265 posts

So, for anyone interested, they're debating same sex marriage in the British House of Commons today - some choice quotes include "being equal doesn't mean treating everyone the same" and "it was Adam and Steve not Adam and Eve" (they actually busted out that stupid quote AND got it wrong).

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 2:27pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,265 posts

Good news, everyone!

The legislature voted overwhelmingly in favour of the proposed legislation which makes it very likely that, sometime soon, we'll be seeing same sex marriages in England and Wales.

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 3:51pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,299 posts

Knight

"it was Adam and Steve not Adam and Eve" (they actually busted out that stupid quote AND got it wrong).

Hehe, idiots. Anyway, good news indeed. Wonder how it will come out in France, where they're debating the issue too currently.

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 6:06pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

194 posts

Homosexuality is what is.
As a humanist Christian I am more interested in a gay person being SAVED by Jesus than the person being attracted to the same sex.

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 6:22pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,299 posts

Knight

As a humanist Christian I am more interested in a gay person being SAVED by Jesus than the person being attracted to the same sex.

This could be interpreted both ways.. but I guess you mean you don't care about their sexual orientation and would try to convert such people the same way you would try to convert heterosexual people?

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 7:12pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,265 posts

On the topic of Jesus and homosexuals, one of the MPs debating same sex marriage earlier had this to say, and I think it rather sums up the best attitude any Christian can have towards homosexuals:

"The Jesus I know was born a refugee, illegitimate, with a death warrant on his name, in a barn. He'd stand up for minorities"

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 9:06pm

HUA7XFan122396

HUA7XFan122396

79 posts

I don't know if anyone said this yet, but you can't have an opinion on wether being homosexual is right or wrong. Homosexuality is right on all levels, and you are completely wrong if you say homosexuality is wrong. It is a fact that if you are homosexual, you were indeed born homosexual, it is not a choice. If you think that you can have an opinion on homosexuality being right or wrong, then you might as well say that Hitler was right to kill 6 million Jews. Hitler was ignorant though, just as all you people who think that homosexuality is wrong, or think that you can have an opinion about it; Hitler originally thought that being Jewish was a religion and that he could change them. Then, he learned that Jews are a race of people, so he killed as many of them as he could and he thought that what he was doing was right. So if you really think that being homosexual is wrong, then you might as well kill 6 million homosexual people.

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 9:14pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

So if you really think that being homosexual is wrong, then you might as well kill 6 million homosexual people.

Too extreme to substitute.

Hitler was ignorant though

He had reasoning.

or think that you can have an opinion about it

You can have a valid opinion regarding anything as long as you have basis.

Reply to Is homosexuality right or wrong?

You must be logged in to post a reply!