ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 385696
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I think it is wrong as well but wouldn't judge people because of it they have there own choices they can have and i can't do any thing about it

While I'm glad that you aren't trying to enforce your beliefs onto others, might I ask why you think it's wrong?
Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

I ask why you think it's wrong?

i think it is wrong because it just seems pointless and thats what I have grown up believing. but see again I would have friends who are homosexual if i knew any that were without making fun of them.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I remember a saying, can't remember who made it, if anyone, but:
"What does it matter what these people do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses?"

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

i think it is wrong because it just seems pointless and thats what I have grown up believing.

Don't you think you should take a closer look at your thoughts if that's all the reason you have for thinking it's wrong?

There's lots of pointless things in this world.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

"What does it matter what these people do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses?"

gays are not sex maniacs.
in my country we usually are open towards homosexuality. but you never see it on the street. just as you never see any heterosexuals have sex in the middle of the road. or do you?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

in the end. everything is pointless i think
Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

Don't you think you should take a closer look at your thoughts if that's all the reason you have for thinking it's wrong?

right now its hard to think i'm sure i would be able to think of more.

in the end. everything is pointless i think

yes the exact words I was thinking as i read that partydevil
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I think people have the right to be homosexual. I'm not, but I think there isn't anything wrong with being homosexual.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

i think it is wrong because it just seems pointless and thats what I have grown up believing. but see again I would have friends who are homosexual if i knew any that were without making fun of them.

Looking at the posts you seem to be willing to reevaluate your position, that' good.
Some information. First off you seemed to suggest that you view homosexuality as a choice. One's sexual orientation is not a choice but something they are born with. Likely due to gene expression dictated by hormones in the womb.
Secondly if some aspect of a person is wrong because it has no point, then we can point to numerous aspects of humans that are pointless. One example is us having five toes.
Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

you seemed to suggest that you view homosexuality as a choice

yes because i think we all have the ability to do anything we want to do what we express what we feel and think.

Secondly if some aspect of a person is wrong because it has no point, then we can point to numerous aspects of humans that are pointless. One example is us having five toes.

I don't think it is wrong because it is pointless but just plain pointless. you see if you want to have children mary a woman/guy for a guy can't give birth and women can't release sperm to fertilize the egg its just too
unnatural
. and yes a lot of things we do and have are pointless e.g. toes, jobs, cloths, money, stupidity, Etc.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

yes because i think we all have the ability to do anything we want to do what we express what we feel and think.

Actions are a choice, yes.
Emotions are not.

you see if you want to have children mary a woman/guy for a guy can't give birth and women can't release sperm to fertilize the egg its just too

What about couples who are infertile? Are their feelings pointless? What about people who don't want to have a child? Are their feelings pointless?

Having the ability to produce a biological child does not have any relevance to the issue.

. and yes a lot of things we do and have are pointless e.g. toes, jobs, cloths, money, stupidity, Etc.

1) Toes are not pointless.
2) Jobs are not pointless.
3) Clothes are not pointless.
4) Money is not pointless.
5) Stupidity just is.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Okay then make the choice to be attracted to the same sex. If it is a choice you can always choose to go back to preferring the opposite sex.

I don't think it is wrong because it is pointless but just plain pointless. you see if you want to have children mary a woman/guy for a guy can't give birth and women can't release sperm to fertilize the egg its just too

Not sure if I'm following you on the differentiation here, any doesn't matter much. Homosexual couples do indeed still can have biological children. A lesbian can go to a sperm bank and artificially inseminate herself, or have their partner do it. A man can also go to lab and have a willing surrogate mother who will carry the baby to term for him. Of course there is also the option to adopt, if where they live would even allow that.
However I fail to see how that makes a loving relationship pointless in any sense of the word if they don't produce a biological child.
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Jobs are pointless. In the past no one had a job, they just did whatever they wanted and liked. Money are pointless. You have to do pointless jobs to earn pointless money for pointless stuff. Clothes are pointless. You buy pointless overpriced clothes with pointless money, when you can be naked, but of course the pointless laws make us ashamed of almost everything. And stupidity... well that's not pointless. You have to be stupid to earn the pointless money and get the most earning pointless jobs... Actually when you look around everything we do is pointless. You cant say one thing you do that will not be pointless but it will have a meaning. And not a meaning for U Because being egoistic is pointless because everyone are egoists. Something that will have a meaning to everyone else in the world.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Jobs are pointless. In the past no one had a job, they just did whatever they wanted and liked.

People had jobs, they just weren't called jobs. Specialization has also led to far more efficient and professional accomplishments and innovations. Jobs are extremely far from useless.

Money are pointless.

Money is a by-product of society. Even if it's not money, material goods are still traded and are valued over others for different things.

Clothes are pointless.

Clothes provide protection against nature. Or are you telling me you want to go up to the mountains in winter stark naked?

. And stupidity... well that's not pointless.

Are you trying to be as wrong as you can possibly be? Stupidity is neither pointless or meaningful, it just is. What we call stupidity are actions and words that could easily have been chosen better.

Much like your post.

Actually when you look around everything we do is pointless

No, it's not.

You cant say one thing you do that will not be pointless but it will have a meaning.

Yes, I can.

And not a meaning for U Because being egoistic is pointless because everyone are egoists. Something that will have a meaning to everyone else in the world.

Your faulty definition and arbitrary restriction on the word 'meaning' doesn't hold water. Something doesn't have to have meaning for everyone, nor does it have to be known to everyone. It doesn't have to last and it doesn't have to be tangible. Meaning is a personal thing, not an egotistical thing.

This all had to do with homosexuality how, Xerox?
njaddison5699
njaddison5699
9 posts
Nomad

Homosexuality is wrong.
Men have sticks and women have holes for a reason. A man's stick is not made to go up another man's underside. And a woman's hole is not made to be fondled with by another woman.
The reason for sticks and holes is that they go together!!!!!!!!!!!!! Men and women were made for each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The human's niche is to Reproduce, and if you are playing the wrong way, then you can't reproduce!! People can control who they are attracted to. I think it's just sick and twisted to be homosexual. I don't know about everybody else, but I know one thing: I am going to stay straight.

Showing 721-735 of 1146