ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 386144
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Jesus saves, doesnt matter what manner of sin your in, just invite Him in=) God's Love is bigger then our love.

As happy and positive as this is worded (until you realize there's a "homosexuality is a sin!" hidden in the context), you're nearly off topic.

I'm cool with people finding peace in religion, though. Just needs to be realized that not everyone adheres to the same beliefs.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

We gotta encourage some kind of population control, right?

Well, gays can certainly be useful for adoption, But they rarely do. Perhaps there should be a requirement that if you are married to the same sex you should adopt? It's logical. Adoption centers are overflowing.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Perhaps there should be a requirement that if you are married to the same sex you should adopt? It's logical. Adoption centers are overflowing.

forcing someone that does not want to adopt, to adopt and restrict their happiness is just awful.
it's still their own choice to adopt.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

it's nice they dont reproduce. but it's more a extra. we can't force/encourage anyone to be gay.

That's not exactly accurate. artificial insemination is used by a number of people in the LGBT community.

Btw, the T in LGBT seems odd to lump in with the LGB. Minorities sticking together, though.

They face many of the same challenges.

Well, gays can certainly be useful for adoption, But they rarely do. Perhaps there should be a requirement that if you are married to the same sex you should adopt? It's logical. Adoption centers are overflowing.

there are places where homosexuals are not allowed to adopt. In places where it is allowed the stigma they often have to face can make it hard for them to adopt.

8 Things Gay People Can't Do
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

artificial insemination is used by a number of people in the LGBT community.

you can try to artificially inseminate a man. but it wont result in a kid.
not likely any gay person will reproduce unless they use a surrogate.
but then it is their choice again and you can try to change their mind to go for adoption instead.

there are places where homosexuals are not allowed to adopt. In places where it is allowed the stigma they often have to face can make it hard for them to adopt.

and places where they are allowed to adopt (solely speaking for the netherlands now) the adoption rate by homosexuals are only slightly higher then those of hetrosexual couples. it is not a holy grail for the adoption problems.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

They face many of the same challenges.
Yeah, just sidenoted about it to avoid making a six-word post and cos it's been on my mind lately (a transsexual friend of mine wanted to attend an LGBT meeting at her work place and voiced some wondering what they'd have to talk about). And trans people are more &quotlease forget that I'm different" while the rest want their being different to be accepted. But yeah, many of the same challenges from society.

8 Things Gay People Can't Do
ppl y :c

Dude. Lesbians.

and places where they are allowed to adopt (solely speaking for the netherlands now) the adoption rate by homosexuals are only slightly higher then those of hetrosexual couples. it is not a holy grail for the adoption problems.
It still helps the numbers and there's no reason they shouldn't be able to.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Dude. Lesbians.

sorry when i talk about gays i mean the male version.
people are much more open for lesbian relationships then gay relationships.
it are the male homosexuals that gives the most fhus among homophobes.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

whooi, pressed submit to soon again...

It still helps the numbers and there's no reason they shouldn't be able to.

it helps the numbers but it is not a solution. i guess that was the point i tryed to make.
and there is indeed no reason to not allow it.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Perhaps there should be a requirement that if you are married to the same sex you should adopt? It's logical. Adoption centers are overflowing.

in that case the same should apply to ANY couple thats not going to have a child. honestly... thats a cruel law
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Maybe we should rephrase that...

"If you are married to the same sex and want a child, you should adopt instead of artificially begetting a child. "

Though that would be highly unfair too. Couples where one partner is infertile should also be able to artificially get an own child, so why should the homosexuals not be allowed to? Straight couples can have an own child, why should homosexuals not be allowed that solely because of their gender?
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

sorry when i talk about gays i mean the male version.
people are much more open for lesbian relationships then gay relationships.
it are the male homosexuals that gives the most fhus among homophobes.
I could go off on a rant about the sexualization of women in modern society and why it's an absurd distinction to make, but I'm too lazy. Gay women shouldn't be viewed differently from gay men, though. It's the same situation.

Also, I know several straight girls who find guy-on-guy as appealing as straight men do girl-on-girl... :/
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

"If you are married to the same sex and want a child, you should adopt instead of artificially begetting a child."

i think that a lesbian would still want to give birth themself to get a stronger bond whit the child and to get the whole experience of being pregnant.

I could go off on a rant about the sexualization of women in modern society and why it's an absurd distinction to make,

i guess it came out worse then i intended. i feel the same but think in reality.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

I find it simply baffling that we as a species feel the need to categorize everything as 'good' or 'bad', 'right' or 'wrong.' Is it so hard to just let things simply exist?
There is no reason why, of all things in the word to label, homosexuality ought to be one of them. It certainly is not harming anyone at all, and it also is not overly beneficial to anyone. It just simply is.

Do people ever stop and consider what it would be like if what they held as a totally normal and fine lifestyle was viewed by a very large group of (largely religious) people? How about if:
- Being heterosexual was deemed as being wrong, because the lord savior {Insert some bollocks holy figure here} allegedly said thousands of years ago that procreating to create children imposed a burden upon the planet, and thus is a sin?
- Doing whatever you do as a career/job path was viewed as immoral due to one teeny-tiny line in some holy scripture that never was really intended to be a big deal?
- The cereal you eat in the morning was decided one day to be the spawn of an evil lord and anyone who partook even once is tainted and thus unfit to be loved?

It's ludicrous to say the least. Somethings just simply exist being neither good or evil, right or wrong. Why can't we just accept that? Is it so hard to do?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

but then it is their choice again and you can try to change their mind to go for adoption instead.

So what if the guy uses a surrogate? He is still reproducing.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

So what if the guy uses a surrogate? He is still reproducing.

i never denied that.

but is it a reason so you can force/encourage it?
Showing 766-780 of 1146