ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 386725
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

It seems that the only ones against it are newbies...spare the occasional rare instance

As it appears, I am that occasional rare instance.
xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

@thepunisher93 Why is it you think homosexuality is wrong?

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

And it takes a while to lose that status
How would you know how long it takes? B)

Anything happening? No? Good.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Why is it you think homosexuality is wrong?

Religious reasons.
xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

@nichodemus You are probably right. I'm just trying to find someone who thinks homosexuality is wrong for a reason other than religion and is able to logically defend their belief, even if I think they are incorrect.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

You are probably right. I'm just trying to find someone who thinks homosexuality is wrong for a reason other than religion

here is the "it's icky" card. have fun. =P

and is able to logically defend their belief

oh, never mind. =/
xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

haha I think it's slightly icky, but I don't think it's wrong at all. I have a brother who is gay as well as a few friends who are and they are all amazing people.

MattBPlaysMinecraft
MattBPlaysMinecraft
10 posts
Nomad

It's not wrong... it's not unnatural... it shouldn't be considered any more 'nasty' or 'gross' than heterosexuality...

Rinjo
Rinjo
53 posts
Peasant

Homosexuality is neither right nor wrong. These terms are an abstraction of a complex moral code that humans have developed due to strong external influences, such as religion, society, etc.

Take this situation for example.

Imagine two young women/men, doesn't really matter. They're placed in a room from birth and for the sake of the experiment may never leave the room. Assume they are well-fed and taken care of, but have no contact with their benefactors. Would they mate? Maybe. Would they feel "wrong" about it? No, because the concepts of "right" and "wrong" are imposed upon us by the people around us. Many people think that being gay is "wrong" because that's what their parents think, and their parents' parents. You'd be hard pressed to find a child whose parents support homosexuality who is themselves against homosexuality.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Rinjo, what you say is only partly right.. society is of course the most direct source of morals, religious morals being just spin-offs. But ultimately they have to come from somewhere; every human builds their own morals not only with external sources, but also with the faculty of empathy and common sense. "Right" or "wrong" are very subjective terms, because they stem from individuals.

Rinjo
Rinjo
53 posts
Peasant

Rinjo, what you say is only partly right.. society is of course the most direct source of morals, religious morals being just spin-offs. But ultimately they have to come from somewhere; every human builds their own morals not only with external sources, but also with the faculty of empathy and common sense. "Right" or "wrong" are very subjective terms, because they stem from individuals.

Correct. But common sense doesn't really dictate that homosexuality is wrong, does it? It was widely accepted for hundreds of years during the Greek and Roman empires, so clearly this was a societally driven decision. I'd argue that since the prominent world religions are opposed to it, that's a pretty good place to start. I feel that the acceptance of homosexuality is only making a return in this day and age because of the recent decline in religious belief.
Bobthebest
Bobthebest
28 posts
Shepherd

How is this even a thread? Some people choose to be homosexual, some don't. It is nobody's right to judge. It's their choice. Let it be there's and stop judging.
It's not right nor is it wrong. It's a choice that people make in their lifetime. And it's not in your power to choose for them. As the proverb says, "Let sleeping dogs lie."

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

How is this even a thread? Some people choose to be homosexual, some don't. It is nobody's right to judge. It's their choice. Let it be there's and stop judging.
It's not right nor is it wrong. It's a choice that people make in their lifetime. And it's not in your power to choose for them. As the proverb says, "Let sleeping dogs lie."

HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A CHOICE. Why do you think it exists? You think people want to be ridiculed? Homosexuality is an orientation towards the same sex, not a choice.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Some people choose to be homosexual

It's their choice.

It's a choice that people make in their lifetime.

Nope, nope, nope.

Your whole argumentation seems to be build on freedom to choose. What if it's not a choice? How then do you argue?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Your whole argumentation seems to be build on freedom to choose. What if it's not a choice? How then do you argue?

Even if it was a choice, that's still not a reason for it to be wrong. There is absolutely no reason to be against homosexuality except bigotry and religious nonsense.
Showing 1021-1035 of 1146