ForumsSupport ForumThere are a few forum glitches, please don't make any new threads yet!

44 5274
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

As above. The glitches appear to be:

1) AP calculations going awry, giving totals that appear much lower than should be added up.
2) New threads cannot be viewed properly or created.

The site has recently been undergoing a fair bit of maintenance, so I guess we should sit tight and wait for the natural order of things to be restored!

• 44 Replies
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Actually, Strop did not say what Santi_ claimed he said. Strop only said that there was an error in the AP calculation. The comment just specified the error, although I don't know how Santi_ knows this.

Well, I thought Strop was implying this, but whatever.
Sorry, I must've been wrong, I don't know any more information that all of you do.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Looks like the AP counts are back to normal. Still no sign of the ranks or location or anything in that bar, but it looks like things are starting to shape up again.

Especially since not too long ago, the forums (along with some users' profiles) vanished for about 20 minutes or so.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Looks like the AP counts are back to normal.

My AP count has increased also, but it is still 15 below what it should be given my AP stats.

Especially since not too long ago, the forums (along with some users' profiles) vanished for about 20 minutes or so.

A few minutes ago, I got some problems which I described to Schmiddy1234 as follows:

Another problem has occurred. A few minutes ago, I returned to Armor Games only to find that I had the starry shield armatar. Because of this, I went to the control panel, but the login screen showed up. I entered my username and password correctly, but a message came up saying "invalid username." I then tried to reset my password, but my email was not recognized, so I left for a few minutes. I returned and successfully logged in, but the usernames of recent commenters on my profile did not show up. I then went to the control panel, but I got switched to the mosquito armatar, and the control panel showed previous settings, so I deleted the location and changed the about to what is now there. I then switched to my current armatar.
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

Are the accounts also going to fixed too?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Are the accounts also going to fixed too?

It looks like the admins are working on fixing the glitch that resulted from the maintenance.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I MAY have another glitch to add, or as I say a lot, this could just be my iPod, but when I go to look at my comments on my profile it doesn't say who said them.

It goes like this:

says:

Whatever they said...

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I MAY have another glitch to add, or as I say a lot, this could just be my iPod, but when I go to look at my comments on my profile it doesn't say who said them.

It goes like this:

says:

Whatever they said...

Others have also gotten the glitch you described since the maintenance.
Snowflake4579
Snowflake4579
78 posts
Nomad

I saw my AP was at 1,166 now it says 1,159. So there's an issue for me, but threads I haven't seen any problems with...yet.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

My AP count has increased also, but it is still 15 below what it should be given my AP stats.

The AP did get reset, but it was reset to what it was before there was a bug rather than what it would add up to now.

Which means you've posted 15 times since the bug took effect.

says:

I saw that earlier in some game comments, but it appears that glitch seems to have disappeared as well.
Snowflake4579
Snowflake4579
78 posts
Nomad

I saw my AP was at 1,166 now it says 1,159. So there's an issue for me, but threads I haven't seen any problems...yet. Sorry for double post, computer lagged a bit.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Well, I am still waiting for it to get fix. And I just relax. You was like I was so mad or something.

If you haven't already noticed, your points have been reset.

Sorry for double post, computer lagged a bit.

You got your first point across in your first post, yet you posted the same message again as though you had double posted it. Except you blame your computer's lag, which is odd, because you managed to fit one more thing in the second message before you hit the submit button a second time, and from what you said, you knew you were going to post the same message twice.

Why didn't you just post the first message the first time, then not hit the submit button again unnecessarily?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I wondering what cause of this problem like lost AP, no showing ranking, erase the about.

The problems were most likely caused by the maintenance that recently occurred.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Some peoples' friends list is screwy too. All have no names with Legacy armatar. At least *I* don't have this problem! ahahahahaha...ahhaha....haha...urrrf...*cries*

{to those still making threads, posting responses, or otherwise still concerned despite assurances bugs are going to be fixed in the future}

I know! Why don't we all try something different. It seems a little primitive and traditional, I know, but bear with me. Let's play some flash games how the site was originally intended!

CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

My ap is back... YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Excuse me but i saw the friends list glitch on my pals profile..

PS: Best way to get out of the shower...... seeing my profile has returned xD

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Well with access to a non-flash device I can't play colony like I usually do now I'm stuck with the forums :I

Also I found a way around the noname user comment glitch if anyone had it, just press "view all comments" and they show up.

Showing 16-30 of 44