ForumsForum GamesKept in the Dark -- It's Just the Beginning

131 9680
Veksing
offline
Veksing
1,701 posts
Shepherd

Your hands are shaking... but you continue to write in your journal.

[/i]...now I'm all alone. No one here to help me... to tell me what to do. Corbis just went crazy. We should have known from the beginning. He gave us signs, but we ignored them. I had a feeling in my gut about him, and what he'd been up to before we all teamed up together, but I foolishly ignored that as well.

You take a break from writing, and focus on calming your nerves. Sweat dribbles down the side of your face, cooling you off.
You stand up, and look at the evironment. You're inside of a small room, with a dark hallway staring at you. You sit back down, and begin to write some more.

If you find this, journal, then you should be able to find the radio that I have left for you. Look in the desk, third droor. Turn the frequency to 30.6, and talk to me. I have no clue what these things are, so I'm hoping that you do. Please, contact me right as you read this.[i]

You place the pen that you've been using into your pocket. You then place the journal on the floor where you've been sitting, and you stand up once again. You take a few steps in front of you, then you look down at the monster that you killed a few minutes earlier. Its head is shrunken, and its hands don't even seem to exist anymore. Enormous blades have grown out of the monsters arms, and a few bones reach out from the monsters shoulders. Suddenly, the monster's arm moves, and the blade taps your shoes. "Ah!" you yell, stepping back. The monster lies on the floor completely motionless now. Your hands begin to tremble some more. "Its time to move, screw this place." you say to yourself. The intimidating dark hallway continues to stare at you. There is a desk beside you, where you placed the radio for someone to retrieve, hopefully. A lantern is lit, sitting on top of the desk, but it has little oil remaining.

What will you do?

Character Sheet
Name:
Age:
Gender:
Physical Desc:
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Low; Hands are shaking and you have a slight headache
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: None
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen

Choose actions carefully in this game. This game is mainly for advanced players... which means that you gotta think a lot and make sure you make few errors.

The Sanity means how... sane you are. The more monsters you encounter, the more your sanity will drop. If your Sanity reaches rock bottom, then your companions will consider you a threat and unsafe to be around, and therefor they will kill you. If you have no companions, then you will be okay, but monsters will find you more frequently and it will be more dangerous. To decrease your sanity, drink alcohol, or just simply talk to companions about memories or talk about something you miss. Anything that would help you keep your mind in place.

The category named: Suffering From, tells you what your suffering from pretyt much. You have to eat, drink, and sleep in this game. If you don't get enough sleep, you will suffer from sleep deprivation. If you don't drink water, you'll suffer from dehydration, etc.

So... what will you do?

  • 131 Replies
Kanine
offline
Kanine
74 posts
Peasant

Name:
Age:
Gender:
Physical Desc:
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Low; Hands are shaking and you have a slight headache
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: None
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen/Lantern

I take the lantern, and advance into the hallway.

Kanine
offline
Kanine
74 posts
Peasant

Name:Garret Nesmith
Age:24
Gender:Male
Physical Desc:tall, muscular, a few scars on face, long blonde hair, and has a 5 o'clock shadow.
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Low; Hands are shaking and you have a slight headache
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: None
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen/Lantern

Sorry, forgot the name and stuff.

I take the lantern, and advance into the hallway.
Mort_Kawasaki
offline
Mort_Kawasaki
1,219 posts
Peasant

Name: Mort
Age:
Gender:
Physical Desc:
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Low; Hands are shaking and you have a slight headache
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: None
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen

Mort_Kawasaki
offline
Mort_Kawasaki
1,219 posts
Peasant

Name: Mort
Age: 74
Gender: Male
Physical Desc: Old, and a bit bent over.
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Low; Hands are shaking and you have a slight headache
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: None
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen

[sorry for DP, I pressed tab to fill in the next line *derp*]
I get the lantern, and stomp the monsters head to make sure it's dead. Afterwards, I shine light into the passage, trying to see what's ahead.

thebluerabbit
offline
thebluerabbit
5,353 posts
Farmer

Name: blue wings
Age: 18
Gender: male
Physical Desc: short, thin, long black hair, black eyes.
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Low; Hands are shaking and you have a slight headache
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: None
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen

i will take the lantern and go to the hallway. if possible i will lock the door or put something there just in case the monster is alive and wants to follow me

Veksing
offline
Veksing
1,701 posts
Shepherd

Are you sure you want to be 74? You might get a heart attack, dude. lol

Name: Mort
Age: 74
Gender: Male
Physical Desc: Old, and a bit bent over.
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Normal; seeing Ashley again helped the situation a bit.
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: Ashley
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen/Lantern


You advance, and stomp on the head of the monster that was lying on the floor. Then, you get close to the entrance of the hallway, and shine a bit of light into it. The lantern flickers as you try to see ahead, making the mood of the situation a little tense. You step into the hallway, illuminating the walls ahead. You see what looks like another room ahead. You remember it when you came in after being chased by the monsters. There was a desk, a closet, and...

"Thank god you made it!" yells a woman, running at you from the other end of the hallway.

"Ashley?" you ask, in shock.

"Yes! I didn't think you made it!" she exclaims. She reaches you, and hugs you tightly. "I was so worried."

"Wow, you must have been really scared. I've never seen you act like this before, Ash. I kind of like it." you say, laughing a bit. This encounter definately eased your mind a bit. Atleast you know your not alone now.

"Where is Corbis? Jack?" she asks.

You hesitate to tell her, then you slowly explain. "Jack... was killed. Corbis... is the dead body right behind me. Don't worry, I stomped his head in before he could jump back up from the dead."

"What? I didn't know we could be turned into those things!!" she exclaims. "This is terrible! We HAVE to get out of here! I heard some noise from some of the vents, it sounded like something crawling. Mort... I'm so scared. Please... let's move."

"Alright." you say.

What will you do?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: blue wings
Age: 18
Gender: male
Physical Desc: short, thin, long black hair, black eyes.
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Very low; Hands are shaking heavily and head is throbbing intensely.
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: None
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen/Lantern

I will take the lantern and go to the hallway. If possible I will lock the door or put something there just in case the monster is alive and wants to follow me.


You take the lantern, and walk past the monster. You shut the door, and you lock the door behind you. The emtpy hallway faces you now, but the lantern gives a little comfort to the situation. You remember the contents of the room that lies ahead of you. There was a desk, a closet, and...

"Grraaarrrrr!!!"

You remember that sound... its horriffic! Your heart begins to pound, and you have no weapons to protect yourself. The only option that flows through your mind right now~RUN! You turn around, and sprint for the door that you locked earlier. You hear the growling sound get closer and closer to you, as your back is turned. You reeach the door, and attempt to open it, but nothing happens. You're locked out! How could--

"GOTCHA!"

"Ahh!" you yell. But then... you realize who this was, and you get a little angry. "What the hell, man?" you yell, pushing Tyler. Tyler is your annoying roomate, before all of this happened. He doesn't quite seem to understand the gravity of the situation thats been going on for the past few days.

Tyler recovers from your push, and says,"Sorry dude, thought it'd be funny."

"How did you get here?" you ask him.

"I followed you, bro! What else would I be doing here?"

"Tyler... your an idiot." you say.

"Aww now that's just harsh, bro." He takes a look around, and then says,"What are we doing here, anyways?"

"Dude, are you blind? The whole world is being overruned by these monsters!"

"Monsters?" he asks, scratching his head. Suddenly, you hear another growling sound, but this one sounds much darker and devious.

"Oh ha ha, Blue. Tryin to scare me, now? Hehehe." he laughs, then turns around and begins to walk. You are speechless right now, the fear creeps back into you, and your heart begins to pound some more. You want to tell Tyler to stop, but you know that he'll just keep walking anyways. Then, you hear the most terrible sound you've ever heard. The monster swings down with a horrific, incredibly loud screech, and rips Tyler's head off with a single swing of its blade. Then, it escapes back into the vent from where it came. You place your back against the door, and slide down. You just witnessed another friends death... again. Your hands are shaking, and your head is throbbing. As you sit there for a minute or so, you hear absolute silence, except for your heavy breathing. The lantern is flickering, and your common sense tells you that it may run out of oil soon. Without light, your doomed.

So, what will you do?
Mort_Kawasaki
offline
Mort_Kawasaki
1,219 posts
Peasant

Name: Mort
Age: 74
Gender: Male
Physical Desc: Old, and a bit bent over.
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Normal; seeing Ashley again helped the situation a bit.
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: Ashley
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen/Lantern

"Alright." you say.

"But I need you to stay calm, can you do that for me?"
After her answer, I say something to put her at ease. I advance into the passageway, making sure that she follows me and to shine light in every corner.
Veksing
offline
Veksing
1,701 posts
Shepherd

Name: Mort
Age: 74
Gender: Male
Physical Desc: Old, and a bit bent over.
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Normal; seeing Ashley again helped the situation a bit.
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: Ashley
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen/Lantern

"But I need you to stay calm, can you do that for me?"

"Yeah, now that I know I'm not alone."

"It will be okay. I have your back, and you have mine." you say, reassuring her.

She grabs your hand, and you both advance slowly as the lantern flickers some more. You enter the room from where she came out of, and take a look around. You see the closet, the desk, and to the right, you see a vent with blood dripping down from it.

"Oh, Jesus. That smells terrible." Ashley says, in a soft voice.

Do you want to:
A)Search the room for anything
B)Keep moving
C)Make your own option
thebluerabbit
offline
thebluerabbit
5,353 posts
Farmer

Name: blue wings
Age: 18
Gender: male
Physical Desc: short, thin, long black hair, black eyes.
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Very low; Hands are shaking heavily and head is throbbing intensely.
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: None
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen/Lantern

[it would be nice if you wouldnt talk for me. it takes away my personality and my way of thinking.]

i will start walking the hallway to the closest room i can find and enter it carefully.

Veksing
offline
Veksing
1,701 posts
Shepherd

Name: blue wings
Age: 18
Gender: male
Physical Desc: short, thin, long black hair, black eyes.
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Very low; Hands are shaking heavily and head is throbbing intensely.
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: None
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen/Lantern

[it would be nice if you wouldnt talk for me. it takes away my personality and my way of thinking.]

Sure thing.

[In return, can you please capitalize words and letters correctly and punctuate properly? It's a pet peeve of mine.]

I will start walking through the hallway to the closest room I can find and enter it carefully.

You walk down the hallway, and reach the room where Tyler was killed. You see a desk lying in front of you, a closet to your left, and a vent to the right with blood slowly trickling down to the floor.

Will you:
A)Search the room
B)Keep moving
C)Make your own option
thebluerabbit
offline
thebluerabbit
5,353 posts
Farmer

Name: blue wings
Age: 18
Gender: male
Physical Desc: short, thin, long black hair, black eyes.
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Very low; Hands are shaking heavily and head is throbbing intensely.
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: None
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen/Lantern

[Ill try. Already got used to this way of writing so i cant promise.]

I will first try and put something in front of the vent in case the mosnter will try to come back. Then i will CAREFULLY check the closet and then i when im sure there isnt anybody in the room and there isnt any other way of getting in i will lock the door. Only then i will start searching the room

Veksing
offline
Veksing
1,701 posts
Shepherd

Name: blue wings
Age: 18
Gender: male
Physical Desc: short, thin, long black hair, black eyes.
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Very low; Hands are shaking heavily and head is throbbing intensely.
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: None
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen/Lantern

The vent is close to the floor, so you move the desk in front of the vent and block it. You search the closet, but nothing was found. You lock the doors (the door leading to the hallway you just came from, and the door leading to the next room), and search the room. You find a broken lamp on the floor, and two pens beside it. You find a few candles lying on the desk that you moved, and you see a large puddle of blood coming from the door that leads to the next room.

What will you do? (Feel free to put more than one action)

thebluerabbit
offline
thebluerabbit
5,353 posts
Farmer

Name: blue wings
Age: 18
Gender: male
Physical Desc: short, thin, long black hair, black eyes.
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Very low; Hands are shaking heavily and head is throbbing intensely.
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: None
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen/Lantern

I will take all items (can i?). Then i will crouch and see if i can see any movements or even a good picture of what is in the next room.

[Lol i never had a good reaction to scary movies/games etc. so im not really good at this type of game XD]

Veksing
offline
Veksing
1,701 posts
Shepherd

Name: blue wings
Age: 18
Gender: male
Physical Desc: short, thin, long black hair, black eyes.
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Very low; Hands are shaking heavily and head is throbbing intensely.
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: None
--------
Inventory: Three Pens/Lantern/Two candles

[Lol i never had a good reaction to scary movies/games etc. so im not really good at this type of game XD]

Just try to survive. That's basically the only object. Or, you could go further into the game and try to find out how the monsters were created, and bla bla bla. Its all up to you how you play it =)


I will take all items (can i?). Then i will crouch and see if i can see any movements or even a good picture of what is in the next room.

You can take items, as long as they can fit into your pocket. You don't have a backpack or anything, so you can't really carry a lot of things. You can't take the broken lamp, it wouldn't do any good for you anyways since its broken. You take the two pens that you found lying beside the lamp. You manage to fit the two candles in your pockets, but you can't carry anything else now. If you find something else along the way, you'd have to drop something, depending on what the item is. By the way, the candles aren't lit. Should have said that earlier.

The door is shut, so you can't see into the room ahead, but you can still listen to any noises that you might here. You listen closely for a minute or so, but you don't hear anything at all. You stand up, and touch the door knob, about to unlock it, then something bangs against the door and scares you completely. You fall backwards from being frightened. You crawl away from the door and put your back against the wall, listening closely for something to happen. You wait, and wait... but nothing else happens. No noises, nothing.

What will you do?
thebluerabbit
offline
thebluerabbit
5,353 posts
Farmer

Name: blue wings
Age: 18
Gender: male
Physical Desc: short, thin, long black hair, black eyes.
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Very low; Hands are shaking heavily and head is throbbing intensely.
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: None
--------
Inventory: Three Pens/Lantern/Two candles

[cant i grab the broken lamp with one hand and the lantern with the other? since its broken its probably sharp and can make a good weapon]

If i can i will try moving the closet to the door. then i will exit once again CAREFULLY through the door i went through and go to the next room after locking the door i came from.

[question: the first room i started from. was it in one end of the hallway? and the room im in right now. is it on the right side, left side, same side or opposite side of the first room? becaise i think i kind of have a plan.]

Showing 1-15 of 131