ForumsGamesMonsters Den Chronicles: Party Builds

64 45266
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

So, I haven't seen any forum activity on the new Monster's Den, and I'd figure I would draw up a quick thread on what some of your favourite, or most effective party builds are.

One of the parties I have found to be most effective is:

Warrior - Champion
Cleric - Confessor
Ranger - Marksman
Ranger - Warden

This party is all about sustainability. You won't get massive ammounts of damage from this party, but you will have consistency, high accuracy, and a group filled with abilities to keep everyone alive for those long drawn out fights.

Strategy:

Your main healers are the Warden and the Confessor. Both will eventually gain the ability to revive fallen members and this is the top priority skill once available. The damage dealers will be the Marksman and the Champion. However, I do like to give the Marksman healing abilities when I can, but mostly stick to your offense first.

Armor:

For the Confessor get the magesteel set if you can, or anything to boost endurance and intellect.

The Campion will require endurance and strength.

Marksman will require endurance and dexterity, though starting action is also a good bonus. Or extra quickness.

Warden rounds out with dexterity and intellect gear.

• 64 Replies
matacro
matacro
2 posts
Blacksmith

*** - assassin

xShiftedHD
xShiftedHD
61 posts
Nomad

The game is really my fav

waterzxc
waterzxc
10 posts
Nomad

@Matacro

How do you do that ? The enemies level up with your characters, unless you are wearing the top equipments....

kiraice
kiraice
57 posts
Nomad

In survive mode world 4. There are lot "Surprise!". For example in wave 12 there are three Lesser Devourers in the front line. If you mistakenly forgot to check their states and still thought their speed is only 40-ish. The battle is ended. Because their speed is around 60-ish. When you think it is The Fastest mob in this game, nah, wrong. In wave 65 there is a Vampire standing in the back roll with 73 speed!! ...and result my team getting killed. Errrr, this must be a bad joke.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

My build relies on the damage from Ranger,Warrior and Assasin and heal from Cleric

My Formation:

Front row: Warrior middle, Assassin upper left and Ranger upper right Cleric is bottom middle.

When I face boss parties I usually start with Hail of Arrows then I would use Assassin's Create opening and then Warrior uses Cleave if none of my party are significantly damaged then I use Litany of Pain or Smite but I usually use Smite since it does alot of damage on a individual.

Items: Usually my Warrior and Ranger get the health regen items but priority is warrior since it is like a tank and Ranger already have Vitality to support it, Cleric will get the mana regen items and Assassin gets the Poison items.

Market: I usually wait til my inventory is full then I use the portal scroll to get the most money as possible from the items instead of throwing good money away, when I go to the buy items I then filter out the other rarity and leave only the Unique then I will choose the items that are helpful then I will go to misc & potion buy everything there except for some orbs I don't need the go to buy all items and then buy some better items for my party.

If u have some suggestions feel free to comment on my page or here

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Ranger already have Vitality to support it

Wrong game, man.
You talk about book of dread?
This topic is about next game, MD:Chronicles.
Zantesuken
Zantesuken
5 posts
Nomad

I just used Cheat Engine to fix my gold at 100k. Then I max invested in everything, did the achievements to unlock the special items (Still need to unlock 900 and 1000). Then I just spammed Restock and bought all the best gear, weapons, and enchants ^_^

As far as my setup goes, my favorite so far has been the Champion, Confessor, Sorcerer, Marksman.

My Champion is geared for Endurance (The +5 End, +10 when Healed shard (Shard of Vornis) on most of his gear), and uses the Sovereign set.

My Confessor is geared for Int (Using the +5 Int, +1 power regen shard (Shard of Euphia) on all of his gear), and uses the Blessed set.

My Sorcerer is geared for Int and crit (Using the +3% Crit chance, +25% crit dmg bonus shard (Shard of Dilaera) in most of his gear) and uses the Aetherweave set.

My Marksman is a little poorly gear compared to the others, but still manages to do the most dmg, idk. I just use +5 Dex enchants in his gear, and a couple of the crit shards, like my mage (I can't find a good shard for Dex users). He uses the Stalker set.

My mage always opens up with Tstorm. With his gems, he crits for 450% dmg and has a 40% crit chance. Usually if he crits something, it just dies outright. Anything still alive eats a Point Blank from my Marksman. He crits for 225%, which is usually enough to finish off another opponent. I usually don't have to worry about healing or anything, since everything dies before they have a chance to do anything (Even on extreme). So my warrior and cleric just cleave and smite everything else down.

AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

So basically... you took a difficult, challenging and tactical game and removed all element of skill.

Good job?

Pretty much anything you say about builds at this point is invalid, since any combination of characters would slaughter the game if you cheat.

Zantesuken
Zantesuken
5 posts
Nomad

I actually got the Commander achievement and Veteran Campaigner achievement before realizing you could use Cheat Engine with this game. So for all intents and purposes, I did beat it legitimately first, except for extreme difficulty. But thanks for the comment.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Very well then, if you did beat the game legitimately, do you have a recommended party build, tactics, or anything that may be useful for those struggling?

For example: the third campaign boss. The soul devourer or whatever it is.

Zantesuken
Zantesuken
5 posts
Nomad

Sure do, I used the above combo I talked about. Champion, Confessor, Sorcerer, Marksman. I know people like to put their Confessor in the middle to radiate healing and power, but don't do it for this fight, too many debuffs go out, and if your healer is slowed or w/e, that's a problem. So put your Champion in the middle, and the Marksman and Confessor on either side, with the mage in the back.

Basically, you want to play very defensively if you find yourself under a lot of pressure, using only your mage to deal Area damage to the whole field damage, unless you feel comfortable letting your Marksman do some work too. Otherwise, just use your Marksman to help keep everyone alive, along with your Confessor. You can also use him to Pin others, or Point Blank if your group is good on health. Make sure you are using Holy Light to blind them as well, this can open you up to do some good damage.

Just use your Champion for Push Harder on the mage to keep his power up. Don't Shield Wall unless you absolutely need to. If you see an opening to score a kill, go for it. Keep doing this until you've killed everything but the boss, then focus on him. When he creates clones of you, just kill them and go back in for the kill.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

So this is a new game ??

jimmie123
jimmie123
121 posts
Nomad

Not sure if I need to change the party make-up or not. I've got Hadrian (warrior)lvl 18, Stall (cleric) lvl 18, Rodrick (mage) lvl 19, and Parthion (ranger) lvl 19. I'm in the 3rd dungeon level going against the Imperial Heir. This is where I usually get stopped and I have to go all the way back up and work my way down again. I don't have any "buff" potions, low $$, and I've killed everything in the 1st 2 dungeon levels so I can't go back up and kill anything. Not quite sure what to do. BTW, one complaint...those "secret" rooms, as hard as they are to find, should have something special in them...just ordinary items. That was a disappointment.

AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

If I were you, I'd reset character data, then go straight to act 3, all enemies will be low level and you'll still have your gear. I assume you have enough achievement points to buy the thingie that lets you use any tier at any level, buy some of those. ( Don't remember the exact name. )

Your party make-up is fine, though I'd rather have the Warden over the Ranger for the 2nd res

Zantesuken
Zantesuken
5 posts
Nomad

@Jimmie123 You are able to go back up to the first dungeon level. Once you reach the first dungeon level, try to go upstairs one more time and it will ask you if you want to cancel the quest. Click yes and it will take you to the main menu. You can then start the campaign again and earn more exp/gold. Just keep going back and beating the ones you already have for more gold and exp.

Or, you can do as AlderonArmor suggested and reset your characters. They will return to lvl 1 and lose their currently equipped armor, so if you choose this, make sure you unequip everything first, or you'll be very disappointed. Then, if you have enough achieve points and unlocked the Spirit Guide from the special market vendor, use them on your gear so they don't require a certain level to use.

Showing 16-30 of 64