ForumsGamesMonsters Den Chronicles: Party Builds

64 45263
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

So, I haven't seen any forum activity on the new Monster's Den, and I'd figure I would draw up a quick thread on what some of your favourite, or most effective party builds are.

One of the parties I have found to be most effective is:

Warrior - Champion
Cleric - Confessor
Ranger - Marksman
Ranger - Warden

This party is all about sustainability. You won't get massive ammounts of damage from this party, but you will have consistency, high accuracy, and a group filled with abilities to keep everyone alive for those long drawn out fights.

Strategy:

Your main healers are the Warden and the Confessor. Both will eventually gain the ability to revive fallen members and this is the top priority skill once available. The damage dealers will be the Marksman and the Champion. However, I do like to give the Marksman healing abilities when I can, but mostly stick to your offense first.

Armor:

For the Confessor get the magesteel set if you can, or anything to boost endurance and intellect.

The Campion will require endurance and strength.

Marksman will require endurance and dexterity, though starting action is also a good bonus. Or extra quickness.

Warden rounds out with dexterity and intellect gear.

• 64 Replies
Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

For example: the third campaign boss. The soul devourer or whatever it is.

Actually, Ranger+Rogue still rocks.
Cleric makes hit with -stun res aura, Ranger - Stun, Rogue - instakill stunned.
sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Ok I just started the game and I am totally get beat up... I'm using Rogue - Assassin
Cleric Confessor
Ranger - Marksmen
Warrior - Champion
If you guys have any tips then please tell me Thanks in advance

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

1. Play on Beginner. You need to get gold and achievements for higher difficulties.

2. Solid start - Mage-Conjurer. His golems+Disintegrate+NoMiss attacks will save you many-many times. Especially in Act 2.

Other builds need good items. Conjurer can win game from scratch.
I won Duo achievement with Confessor+Conjurer

3. Warrior-Captain better. Sometimes you will need to reallocate characters during battle (Some enemies have Kick ability, some have Grab). Keep Up, Shrug it off also good abilities.

Bloodlust from warrior almost useless - preferable to finish enemies with disintegrate
Charge - very situational.
Shield wall... Well, Conjurer can fill first row with golems, so Hold the line will be better.

AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

Take some endurance on your clerics and some dexterity on your rangers.

That's about it really. Probably the most heal-y party I've ever seen right there. :P

Zantesuken
Zantesuken
5 posts
Nomad

When increasing stats, I always increase their primary stat when they lvl (Int for Confessor and both mages, Strength for Inquisitor and both warriors, Dexterity for Marksman and both rogues. For the Warden, you want a good mix of Dexterity and Int.) Then I gear for everything else I need. If your party needs more health, gear for Endurance, don't increase it when you lvl (The only exception would be the warrior, depending on your preference).

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Actually, cleric's Healing aura based on his Max health. Something like 5% of his max life, rounded up.

So, better to level up endurance for him. Int for cleric increases healing by 1 per point, while 1 basic censor could give 40+ bonus to heal.
Int also increases damage for Smite, but still better to cast annoint on someone else.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Has anyone developed a team to go far in survival mode?

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Back row:
1.Mage - Conjurer (golems+disintegrate)
2.Cleric (Inquisitor better when party have good items. Confessor if you don't sure in your team)
3.Ranger (-buff on hit stance, quickness buff on golems)
First row
1.Golem
2.Warrior-Captain(Push harder - power for all, keep up - occasional, shrug it off - for terrified cleric)
3.Golem

38 waves beaten.

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Tip:use buff bottles (+quickness, Defense, HP regen) on your party on select screen before starting Act 4, you will have these buffs during whole fight

pixandstix
pixandstix
5 posts
Peasant

I have a Captain with the Devil's Tine in the back row along with my Marksman. Then I have an Inquisitor with a massive hammer up front next to my assassin who has the Bloodletter dagger. My marksman and assassin are devestating because my ranger can stun an enemy and my assassin has the Coup de Grace skill, which will instantly kill a stunned enemy.

radicalapple
radicalapple
14 posts
Herald

I use:
both clerics and warrior in front row
conjuror and 2 golems in back row

both clerics and warrior have pretty heavy armor, and they all benefit from Hold the Line

my warrior is on Guard style, and conjuror in arcane armour style, so my whole party has at least 40% damage protection. Combined with Holy Light on enemy, I dont take much damage.

Also both clerics are on Radiance.

jimmie123
jimmie123
121 posts
Nomad

Since I never played previous versions of this game, I don't know the answer to this. Does the game actually have an end? I've gone through all 5 dungeon levels 2 - 3 times and the game seems to just keep going.

jilliterate
jilliterate
3 posts
Shepherd

I don't understand the empty slots and I can't seem to find anything about them. Will someone shoot me a short message explaining that? Is it for something like a jewel that adds powers? I can't seem to get anything to work.

Cheers!

jilliterate
jilliterate
3 posts
Shepherd

Nevermind, I figured it out.
Thanks.

TuxedoPenguin
TuxedoPenguin
233 posts
Nomad

My party consisted of a Cleric, Warrior, and Rouge in the front and then an archer in the back. My rouge has an ability to go invisible and his next attack will be stronger. I then would use the cleric to put the damage boost thing on him and then attack with him given the chance. It does a great deal of damage. I have him set with posion blade stance so it really helps when they're almost dead but i'd rather attack a different enemy so the poison just finishes them off. The archer's piercing arrow is highly effective also.

Showing 31-45 of 64