ForumsSupport ForumOrange Text

37 5275
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

The problem I am posting about is one that I saw on Darktroop07's profile. This problem is not on my profile. The problem is orange text in the about and the wait message with the exception of links on the about, which are the color they are supposed to be. I took two screenshots to show both parts of the problem.

The first screenshot is to point out the orange text in the about:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee400/Patrick2011b/Images%20for%20Armor%20Games/OrangeTextAbout.jpg

The second screenshot is to point out that the text of the wait message after commenting on Darktroop07's profile is orange:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee400/Patrick2011b/Images%20for%20Armor%20Games/OrangeTextMessage.jpg

Here's a link to Darktroop07's profile so you can see for yourself. I also asked him why the text is orange, and here is his response:

That's odd I'm guessing the HTML I posted for colony changed it all yellow...

P.S. It's orange, not yellow. However, the text color is closer to yellow than red.

Can someone explain why an about would have orange text for everything but the links?
  • 37 Replies
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I just went ahead and turned my entire about 'invisible'.

Anyway, this HTML coding should stay since it's awesome and allows more creativity with our profile.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Anyway, this HTML coding should stay since it's awesome and allows more creativity with our profile.

I think there should be some restrictions: No coloured text to avoid confusing other members, no images (or a limit on how big the image can be), and a limit on how big the text can be. There currently are no limits to anything, you can make anything however big you want.

But I'm curious to know if this works in the forums. Let me test it:

<font color="#FF0000">Testing red</font>

<font size="5" face=mistral>Testing font and size</font>
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I think there should be some restrictions

Ya. I agree with you. But I like the color. It splits up my profile so it doesn't look so long. But there should be restrictions.
But I'm curious to know if this works in the forums. Let me test it:

That isn't good. Now it is really easy to pretend to be a mod or admin.
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

That isn't good. Now it is really easy to pretend to be a mod or admin.

That's why their not allowing us to post with color or by-pass their security if that's correctly read from the Commenting-Rules.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

That's why their not allowing us to post with color or by-pass their security if that's correctly read from the Commenting-Rules.

Technically it's not an image of coloured text, but....
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Images
of colored text. This is coded right in, though it's only a matter of time before someone actually codes for the dark blue moderator color and thus have to be dealt with.

Okay, so about this new HTML thing that is now being accepted. It has been stated in the rules in several places that users cannot have colored/alternate text in messages for the fact that someone somewhere is going to mistake you for having special privileges or authority on the site.

So let's hold off on commenting/posting in HTML, okay?

The HTML in an about page can maybe be more lenient. Because anyone who is curious on whether or not this user is a higher-up can just look to the left and say "Oh, it says here this person is a moderator/administrator" and without this, they can understand they are a regular user like them. The difference between this and the forum posting is that the Moderator title on the left is conspicuous. Even further in commenting, a moderator/administrator's colored text can appear black if you view all the comments as a whole.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

This is coded right in, though it's only a matter of time before someone actually codes for the dark blue moderator color and thus have to be dealt with.

The same would go for the green administrator color, and that would probably be a worse offense than impersonating a moderator.

So let's hold off on commenting/posting in HTML, okay?

The HTML in an about page can maybe be more lenient. Because anyone who is curious on whether or not this user is a higher-up can just look to the left and say "Oh, it says here this person is a moderator/administrator" and without this, they can understand they are a regular user like them. The difference between this and the forum posting is that the Moderator title on the left is conspicuous. Even further in commenting, a moderator/administrator's colored text can appear black if you view all the comments as a whole.

The admins should know about this and make a ruling on Monday. Until then, I think HTML should be kept to abouts.
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

<font color="#C0C0C0">Wouldn't you think though that the change of colors might confuse people on who are the moderators and who aren't? And yes, this is intentionally blue for my question.

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Never mind, that wasn't blue. -_-

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I feel so out of the loop. Am I the only one here who doesn't know a thing about HTML?

Daizidawizard9000
Daizidawizard9000
1,609 posts
Nomad

This may not have to do with it, but can you change the fonts?

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Yeah but we'll eventually get some immature people that will try to impersonate a mod, cause when something is allowed somebody will eventually abuse it.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Never mind, that wasn't blue. -_-

Here's the color you were looking for:

<font color="#15317E">Moderator blue.

<font color="#1569C7">Here's link blue also.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

<font size=2>It turns out that changing the font size changes the font.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Am I the only one here who doesn't know a thing about HTML?

Nope. I pretty much know nothing about it but Google is a good teacher.
Yeah but we'll eventually get some immature people that will try to impersonate a mod, cause when something is allowed somebody will eventually abuse it.

O, dumb people. The world would be a greater place without them.
Showing 16-30 of 37