Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

is abortion ok?

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 11:41pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,691 posts

Knight

No, but seeing as how right and wrong are subjective and the Supreme court is an arbiter of sorts, I'd say it has some sway.

So something being subjective means an appeal to authority is acceptable?

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 11:50pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,591 posts

No, but seeing as how right and wrong are subjective and the Supreme court is an arbiter of sorts, I'd say it has some sway.

I can't tell from just what you're saying here, so I'll just cover both things.

1) The fact of whether something is a law or not is not a reason for it to be okay/not okay. Laws are constantly changed due to circumstances and new areas. Not all that long ago, slavery was legal. Did that make it right? No. In the end, whether something is legal or not has no bearing on if we should consider that action "right" or "wrong" or simply just an action.

2) The reason we put stock in what the Supreme Court rules is because the judges on it are supposed to be the most knowledgeable about the law and are tasked at making these decisions. What needs to be examined always is the reasoning behind their ruling, not the fact that they made a ruling. So yes, while we trust the Supreme Court to make good decisions, that doesn't mean that they do always.

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 3:46pm

pokemonmania

pokemonmania

10 posts

if you can't take good care for the baby after it will be born, it will have a VERY difficult and poor life filled with stress and unhappiness.
isn't it better to not make this reality before it can actually feel or think?

note that if you don't want the baby because you're a party animal you just need to change lifestyle, parenting comes with responsibilitys.

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 4:30pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

note that if you don't want the baby because you're a party animal you just need to change lifestyle, parenting comes with responsibilitys.

what if i dont want to spend my hard earned money on a kid? but rather want to spend it on things that make myself happy and have a good life myself.

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 4:33pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

It's not just "party animals" that want to get abortions.
It's normal people who don't want to have a child yet, if at all.
Why is that a crime?

If a woman gets pregnant just before she goes to college or if she is in the middle of college is she supposed to put her life on hold until the child is capable of minding itself and just work in jobs that have little requirements to barely live on.

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 12:42pm

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

if you can't take good care for the baby after it will be born, it will have a VERY difficult and poor life filled with stress and unhappiness.
isn't it better to not make this reality before it can actually feel or think?

note that if you don't want the baby because you're a party animal you just need to change lifestyle, parenting comes with responsibilitys

Who are you fighting for? Abortion or no abortion? Your post is self-destructive.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 7:05pm

arkaninerenegade

arkaninerenegade

668 posts

I only support abortion if the mother is in a situation where giving birth to her baby will cause her death. Some women can get pregnant, but there bodies may not be able to handle it. So only if it is really obvious that she might die.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 11:32pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,011 posts

So only if it is really obvious that she might die.

What would determine 'really obvious'? Would the present length of the pregnancy matter? Does the person's age? What of those who would purposely take drugs to cause fetal defects that could complicate the pregnancy and increase the risk?

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 7:27am

sensanaty

sensanaty

862 posts

So only if it is really obvious that she might die.

You can make an infinite amount of tests and speculations, but you can't know for sure whether the mother will survive or not. The chances of her dying are 99.999999%, sure, but even that microscopic amount is enough to end up as a disaster.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 10:50am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

I only support abortion if the mother is in a situation where giving birth to her baby will cause her death. Some women can get pregnant, but there bodies may not be able to handle it. So only if it is really obvious that she might die.

imagine:
a homeless woman whitout a job. being a prostitute to get atleast some money sometime.
during her "work" something go's wrong and 5 weeks latter she finds out she is pregnant.

now give me 1 good reason why this woman should be denied a abortion?
she clearly can't make enough money for herself. how is she going to give good care for the kid?

Reply to is abortion ok?

You must be logged in to post a reply!