ForumsWEPRis abortion ok?

867 278558
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Is abortion ok? I donât think so. The babies that these people are killing is wrong, some people say that itâs not a person that itâs a bag of cells or a fetus and not really human being I have to disagree

Please debate

• 867 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

No I am not denying 2 Timothy 3:16. God-breathed, a synonym is God Inspired. Not God written, God inspired.

These people say it's God inspired so it must be God inspired. It's not like they could have just made the whole thing up or anything.

This guy says he has a bridge to sell you, so he must have a bridge to sell you.

Just to keep this thread on track, we are talking about unnatural Abortions and not Miscarriages (sometimes called, "spontaneous abortion&quot right?

You're claim was all abortions, so I asked if that was including ones that occurred naturally as well. A miscarriage does result in an abortion.

But even putting that aside what of other situations such as danger to both fetus and mother?

Let me rephrase this, I believe that all living things that have the potential to become human beings (when left alone) should not be killed for convenience purposes (as in, I am going to have an abortion because it will delay my career opportunities).

Even if it results in current existence and possible and even likely future life being better for it? Is it really to such a point you have to rob someone the ability to decide what happens to their body for the sake of a potential person to exist with a likely poor life?

And it's not just matter of delaying a career, but it could result in the full stop of such a life.

Whoops, looks like this "bs" is what you use in your earlier argument.
Effectively you say, "Look what happens when you disobey God as a punishment" yet you then say "you may try to get out of this with some bs by saying it's a punishment." You contradict yourself! You say something is"bs" yet you use it in your argument.

The bs would be in making it special pleading for God. The worming here would be to dismiss the action of having children killed because it's a punishment.

I would have rather seen the women put the baby up for the adoption. This way there is another human in the world (who might be happy that he/she did not get aborted and instead had a chance to live, but at least he/she had a chance).

In an already overly populated world, how is this a good thing to have another individual who will likely not contribute much if anything?
Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Abortion... That word makes me sound, someone taking another life out of the world because they messed up, it is their fault, so they should have to live with the kid. I find it horrible, I wonder how people can live with the fact that they took away a human being. To have an abortion is like to kill a baby, would you do that i do not think so. I think that abortion should be illegal.
If you do not want a kid, then do it right, if you get pregnant, at least have the kid, then you might change your mind on things.

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

The only way I think it should be allowed to have an abortion is if you are *****, which is a horrible act.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Abortion... That word makes me sound, someone taking another life out of the world because they messed up, it is their fault, so they should have to live with the kid. I find it horrible, I wonder how people can live with the fact that they took away a human being. To have an abortion is like to kill a baby, would you do that i do not think so. I think that abortion should be illegal.
If you do not want a kid, then do it right, if you get pregnant, at least have the kid, then you might change your mind on things.

Please read the previous 30 or so pages...this argument has been torn apart many times now
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

The only way I think it should be allowed to have an abortion is if you are *****, which is a horrible act.

Please refer back a few pages as to how this is a hypocritical viewpoint.

Either human life is invaluable and thus it doesn't matter the how, or it's not and how one is conceived determines personhood according to this view.

So a baby was made through ****. It's suddenly not a person? I think not.

someone taking another life out of the world because they messed up, it is their fault,

Potential life. And yes, it is their fault (most likely).

so they should have to live with the kid.

So because of one mistake, they lose the right to choose for themselves what they want? They must bear this child, which they didn't want, and everything that goes along with that?

To have an abortion is like to kill a baby, would you do that i do not think so

No, it's like writing 'denied' on a pending rent application.

Analogy aside, an abortion eliminates the possibility of that fetus growing into a fully developed person.

I think that abortion should be illegal.

No, it should be optional. And you already agree, since you accept it in cases of ****. Simply, we just think it should be optional in more cases for less hypocritical reasons.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

That word makes me sound, someone taking another life out of the world because they messed up, it is their fault, so they should have to live with the kid.

Yeah, because that's just the sort of life a child deserves. To grow up with a parent who each time they look at them thinks "your my punishment for making a mistake".

I wonder how people can live with the fact that they took away a human being.

Potential human, hasn't developed to that point yet.

To have an abortion is like to kill a baby, would you do that i do not think so.

Difference is the fetus doesn't have a fully developed and functioning brain. It's incapable of self sustenance. Also keep in mind it's not like some cuddly bundle of cute. In most cases the developing fetus isn't much more then a lump of cell tissue that at best might vaguely resemble a human shape when it's aborted.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Why is it that teenagers and the like have such a strong opinion against abortion?

...so they should have to live with the kid.

I know it may seem like raising a child is nothing, but it costs money. A lot of money. And a lot of people don't want kids because it'll ruin them financially. They can afford to bring the kid up, sure, but the quality of living falls down drastically when you have a kid. Besides, kids are bloody annoying. I babysitted (is that a word?) a friend's kid for a night, never again.

To have an abortion is like to kill a baby, would you do that i do not think so.

And if you're a rational adult, you would think differently.

I wonder how people can live with the fact that they took away a human being.

It's easier taking away this half-life so that you wouldn't suffer than just "doing the right thing" and suffer through the remains of your life.

The Earth is overpopulated as is. An unwanted baby is just another thing that is taking away our oxygen, food and water supplies, and it is better for the general population of earth (both animals and plants) if we just loosen it down a bit.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

it's been a while since I've been on so my argument against this might be weakened a little.

jerr, what you don't realize is the fact that the pro-life stand is biased from the very beginning because of the fact that you are alive. in reality, pro-life is really more along the lines of anti-woman, removing her personal choices and bringing her closer to the point of becoming a birthing sow for whatever male that claims her. she then lives with the possibility of hating these kids because she never wanted them in the first place, which is much worse in the long run.

face it, how would you feel if you learned that you were a mistake, and that your mother didn't really want you?

-Blade
Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

So a baby was made through ****. It's suddenly not a person? I think not.

I said then it should be the persons choice, but this is still wrong.

Difference is the fetus doesn't have a fully developed and functioning brain. It's incapable of self sustenance. Also keep in mind it's not like some cuddly bundle of cute. In most cases the developing fetus isn't much more then a lump of cell tissue that at best might vaguely resemble a human shape when it's aborted.

Then what does that fetus turn into a human being, correct me if I am wrong.

I know it may seem like raising a child is nothing, but it costs money. Besides, kids are bloody annoying. I babysitted (is that a word?) a friend's kid for a night, never again.

Hahah so your saying that you should take out a kid from the world because of money, terrible point in my opinion. Also you may call kids annoying but remember you were once an annoying kid

An unwanted baby is just another thing that is taking away our oxygen, food and water supplies, and it is better for the general population of earth (both animals and plants) if we just loosen it down a bit.

[quote]An unwanted baby is just another thing that is taking away our oxygen, food and water supplies, and it is better for the general population of earth (both animals and plants) if we just loosen it down a bit.

Please one kid would not take away nearly enough food, oxygen, clothing etc... But I know you will say oh but what about the other hundred thousands of abortions.

Well guys think about this how would you like to have been that fetus (baby) that got aborted out of the woman? Never have been able to live a life

face it, how would you feel if you learned that you were a mistake, and that your mother didn't really want you?

I would hate that if I were told that, but I would still have a life that I make out of it. You make your life how you want it, you go around these obstacles, if you're born without your birth mother you will be calling that first person you live with you will be calling 'mom, mommy, mother', and it is up to her to tell you the truth.

NOW FOR ONE THING I DID NOT READ THE PREVIOUS 30 PAGES it is just too many pages to flip through.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Then what does that fetus turn into a human being, correct me if I am wrong.

If it is lucky, yes. That's what I've been saying: abortion does nothing but tweak the odds in favor of the mother's decision. It's actively influencing a process that often passively leads to the same result.

Hahah so your saying that you should take out a kid from the world because of money, terrible point in my opinion.

We're not talking about a small expense. Children are one of the major causes of poverty. It does not help the parents if they have to spend all their money on raising the child. It doesn't help the country to have poor people. It doesn't help the child to be born in a miserable situation.

Well guys think about this how would you like to have been that fetus (baby) that got aborted out of the woman? Never have been able to live a life

I couldn't care less since I would not even have noticed it
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Please one kid would not take away nearly enough food, oxygen, clothing etc... But I know you will say oh but what about the other hundred thousands of abortions.

1.2 million per year solely in the usa. after 10 year + the rest of the world. this is a massive number. and every single one of them was a good choise to be aborted. we don't need more people being born. we need more people to die.

i wont know or feel it. so i can't have a opinion over it if it would have happend.

NOW FOR ONE THING I DID NOT READ THE PREVIOUS 30 PAGES it is just too many pages to flip through.

just pick 1. most likely someone whit your excuses posted there and we came up whit the usual fallacies of that way of thinking.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

jerrbear, are you naturalistic? Because by your logic, i dont want to be that cow, i dont want to be that fish. Do you want to be that egg who is used for omlette?

A fetus is not a person! he dosent have feeling or emotions! Its a piece of meat!

You make it sound like we say that we need to kill babies. we dont. when the mother is at her 5 mounth, i say its wrong to abort.

Its not like its a race, "you are 16, now give birth to 20 kids. no matter if they will survive to adultry!".
You are just Chauvinist. I guese you also belive that womens belong to the kitchen and shouldnt work or learn. just give birth. like a factory. the more the better.

A kid is a Right, not a duty. We are not in the 10 century anymore. 1,2 kids is enough. and even that only in the time it belong, when you can afford a kid and have enough money to rise him well.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I said then it should be the persons choice, but this is still wrong.

Why should it be their choice then? Because she was *****? You're still saying that, because of how the baby was made, it suddenly has less rights than another baby conceived in another way.

Then what does that fetus turn into a human being, correct me if I am wrong

Yes, it has the potential to turn into a fully developed human being. It itself is not yet that, though.

We wouldn't have known. No one else would have known us. We wouldn't yet have been capable to feel how we would feel if we were to have been aborted. Nothing gained, nothing lost.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Over a million abortions. That is a significant influx of individuals, even excluding the ones from r@ape and serious medical conditions.

As a fetus I wouldn't have the capability to have any feeling about it one way or the other. How many times does this have to be said?
No brain activity= no consciousness.
That means it doesn't feel pain, it doesn't have emotions, it doesn't have thoughts.
These are all things that start later on in development.

I would recommend reading at least the first few and the last few pages.

I might have to consider going through this thread when I have the time and compile a Q&A that can be referred back to.
Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

just pick 1. most likely someone whit your excuses posted there and we came up whit the usual fallacies of that way of thinking

You call them excuses, while other people call them opinions, and opinions cannot be wrong.

I guese you also belive that womens belong to the kitchen and shouldnt work or learn. just give birth. like a factory. the more the better

Sorry that is not part of topic keep to this one please and is Patriotism bad?

As a fetus I wouldn't have the capability to have any feeling about it one way or the other. How many times does this have to be said?
No brain activity= no consciousness.
That means it doesn't feel pain, it doesn't have emotions, it doesn't have thoughts.
These are all things that start later on in development

You're not getting the point, I find it wrong, but this is an opinion, I will never go against this opinion.
Showing 331-345 of 867