ForumsWEPRis abortion ok?

867 278563
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Is abortion ok? I donât think so. The babies that these people are killing is wrong, some people say that itâs not a person that itâs a bag of cells or a fetus and not really human being I have to disagree

Please debate

• 867 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

opinions cannot be wrong.

Yes they can. Sure, some opinions are personal (like what one's favorite food or preferences are) but issues are an entirely different matter.

and is Patriotism bad?

What he listed there wasn't patriotism...it was sexism...

I find it wrong, but this is an opinion, I will never go against this opinion

So what if it's your opinion? There's a reason you hold that opinion, correct? If those reasons for your opinion are invalid or wrong, so is your opinion. Even in personal matters.

Which leads us to this: Why do you find abortion wrong? From what you've given us so far...

1) You think it is murder...and that's pretty much it. The rest has been pseudo-guilt trip attempts.

We have explained how it is not murder from three different viewpoints over the course of this thread.

Ethical: A fetus cannot feel pain.
Lawful: A fetus (up to ~7 weeks) does not have brainwaves.
Human Rights: A fetus grows inside an already developed person and is a part of their body.
Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

If those reasons for your opinion are invalid or wrong, so is your opinion. Even in personal matters

You cannot say opinions are wrong in this discussion, they want our opinion on this topic.

There is no right or wrong answer here, it is what people think about this. Therefore we could all be right...

So we are all right on what we think if abortion is ok, so maybe the reasons why we think it is not ok is wrong but that is all that is wronf
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I think the world is plane. does that make it true? No.

Same here. So this is your opinion. it can be false. Opinion is what you think you know. In my opinion, obama is a good president. in my opinion, we need to buy more beer for the party this weekend. This is opinion. That make it true? no. There might be enough beer, obama might make somde mistakes.

You are reffering to belives. yes, against belives we cant fight. but here we fight over facts, over the question - does abortions are ok or not?
You say htey arent? make us understand your opinion and maybe even make us think the same way.

And about my "non-topic" comment - it is exactly the place for it. By your opinion, a women need to leave everything to give birth. abandoning free will to rise a baby. in some cases, dont go learn, on other cases, dont build a career. You sya these are excuses. So that mean that by your opinion, womens dont need these. The willing for decent life and quailty of life is just an excuse for you. Man need to bang as the ycan, and women need to keep birthing, no matter what.
Patriotism? by what? overwhelm the world with your nation kids? This is your goal?

I prefer 2-3 kids and good life quality then 25 and living in a shake.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

You cannot say opinions are wrong in this discussion, they want our opinion on this topic.

Yes, I can say opinions are right or wrong in this discussion. Opinions are formed for a reason and those reasons are valid or invalid. This doesn't mean that you aren't entitled to your own opinion, regardless of whether good reasoning is involved or not.

You can hold the opinion that abortion is wrong and not take part of it, but that's as far as it goes. You don't get to dictate other people's choices without sound reason.

There is no right or wrong answer here

I agree with you, in a way. In a perfect world abortions wouldn't be necessary. There are valid arguments to not having an abortion, but there are valid ones for it too. Thus we're left with it being a personal choice.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

You're not getting the point, I find it wrong, but this is an opinion, I will never go against this opinion.

You tried to make an emotional plea by asking how we would feel if we were the fetus being aborted. This shows a flaw in your reasoning as the fetus wouldn't be capable of feeling anything. This opinion argument just looks like back peddling to me.

But let's expand on this "how I would feel" point. Le's say I'm looking at it retrospectively. In such a case If my non existence resulted in my parents having a better life and someone else being born having a better life then I could likely hope for, I would be fine with being aborted.

There is no right or wrong answer here, it is what people think about this. Therefore we could all be right...

So we are all right on what we think if abortion is ok, so maybe the reasons why we think it is not ok is wrong but that is all that is wronf

No not all opinions are equal. As stated if the reasoning behind it is flawed this makes the opinion less than that of one formed on sound reasoning.
Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Definition of opinion:
A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Is that enough to show that opinions cannot be wronf

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

I agree with you, in a way. In a perfect world abortions wouldn't be necessary. There are valid arguments to not having an abortion, but there are valid ones for it too. Thus we're left with it being a personal choice

There perfectly said. It is a personal choice.

I would not judge someone for having an abortion just not talk about, but if someone asks me for an opinion I'll say it.

Ok Danielo and everyone else, say why it is ok to not allow another person into this world please. Also a lot of countries have lots of space that is unused.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

we need more people to die

Germany is one of the few countries with higher death rates than birth rates.

when the mother is at her 5 mounth, i say its wrong to abort.

90% of abortions are done
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I don't have a clue what happened there, but my whole post got cut off...

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

No, as noted not all opinions have equal value.

Ok Danielo and everyone else, say why it is ok to not allow another person into this world please. Also a lot of countries have lots of space that is unused.

I can bring down the quality of life for those around that new person, that person if unwanted and unaffordable to the parents will likely just be a burden on society as a whole, it's adding to an over population problem on a global level.

Also overpopulation isn't just a matter of space but of resources as well.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Opinions can be wrong.

I would not judge someone for having an abortion just not talk about, but if someone asks me for an opinion I'll say it.

That's not what you said earlier.

"I find it horrible, I wonder how people can live with the fact that they took away a human being. To have an abortion is like to kill a baby, would you do that i do not think so. I think that abortion should be illegal."

Here you are clearly stating that you think it should be illegal, in other words, that your viewpoint should be forced onto others. We have since torn apart your singular reason as to why you think this. Stating that it is your opinion is fine, but you're just backing away from the issue at this point.

Since you didn't finish this statement twice in a row...

90% of abortions are done before the 13th week.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

90% of abortions are done before the 13th week

Even less, the 12th week.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Not that I didn't finish, it cut off literally all of my post twice in a row.
Guess I'll try it *again*

we need more people to die

90% of abortions are done before the 13th week.

Also a lot of countries have lots of space that is unused.

Yes, and many countries also have too high a population density.

See here.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Even less, the 12th week.

Most abortions (around 90%) are carried out before a pregnancy reaches 13 weeks

From here.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

So you suggest we will move all the new babies to the desert of Lybia? Or maybe to the rain forests of brazil? Lets just throw them to texas, As long as we bring as much of them as possible?

Our race goal is not to overflew the earth.

As We said, in a perfect world, wher there are non limited reasources and work places, wher people can support a family of 15 kids and wher everyone agree to stand by the parthner who accedently had baby with them, maybe there will be no need t abortion. But even then, young teens, at the age of 14 HAVE to have kid, because it already started?

Im just curios... What is your line?

does condoms are ok?
the day afer pills are ok?
ani pregnancy pills are ok?
abort at the first mounth is ok?

Showing 346-360 of 867