ForumsWEPRis abortion ok?

867 278080
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Is abortion ok? I donât think so. The babies that these people are killing is wrong, some people say that itâs not a person that itâs a bag of cells or a fetus and not really human being I have to disagree

Please debate

• 867 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Is this a study of a broad range of cases or specifically rape cases?

@EmperorPalpatine Just use your brain for a second, mate. Having an abortion is not the most pleasant of experiences.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

@OperationNilo Just use your brain for a second, mate. The topic at that time was pregnant rape victims. You made an unsubstantiated claim that abortion is more damaging than the pregnancy. I asked for clarification, which you have still not provided.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Having an abortion is not the most pleasant of experiences.

Because women so look forward to the grueling, hours long trial of pushing the baby out that they don't at all insinuate they think it's the most painful experience.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The most logical thing to do is view it as a part of the mother's body, not a separate entity, as it has no characteristics of a separate entity, and only has the potential to become a separate entity.

I do agree with every other point you made but there is one characteristic that the developing fetus has that would distinguish I as a separate entity. That is it has it's own unique DNA. Though that really isn't saying all that much as we can find loads of different DNA in a person that isn't them but we could still in some way think of it as part of them.

So I can tell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Ud3g2ymOM
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Just use your brain for a second, mate. The topic at that time was pregnant rape victims. You made an unsubstantiated claim that abortion is more damaging than the pregnancy. I asked for clarification, which you have still not provided.

What exactly do you mean by clarification? Because facts and rational logic speak for themselves when it comes to this issue. It's pretty much being pro/against life, and if you ask me, being pro-life is usually the right choice.

Because women so look forward to the grueling, hours long trial of pushing the baby out that they don't at all insinuate they think it's the most painful experience.

Let's make a deal. If you tell that to your mother, I'll tell it to mine.

So I can tell.

I'm not even going to bother.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Because facts and rational logic speak for themselves when it comes to this issue. It's pretty much being pro/against life, and if you ask me, being pro-life is usually the right choice.

No it's really not. It's about the sort of life we are speaking of. egg, sperm, zygote, fetus... It's all life, abortion is just stopping the process of that life becoming a sentient, sapient individual.

I'm not even going to bother.

Why not? It shows someone getting an abortion as they speak to the camera about what it's like for them at that moment. That would seem rather relevant to your claim that it is a "most unpleasant experience".
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

What exactly do you mean by clarification?

Just give a link to that "study" you mentioned. That's all.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Why not? It shows someone getting an abortion as they speak to the camera about what it's like for them at that moment. That would seem rather relevant to your claim that it is a "most unpleasant experience".

It is...in the long term.

No it's really not. It's about the sort of life we are speaking of. egg, sperm, zygote, fetus... It's all life, abortion is just stopping the process of that life becoming a sentient, sapient individual.

What are you trying to do with this statement?

Anyways, I think it's pretty clear that with pro-life I meant that, protecting the defenseless "sentient, sapient individual", also known as a human being.

Just give a link to that "study" you mentioned. That's all.

I don't recall mentioning a study. Nevertheless.

I wonder what your reply will be.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I don't recall mentioning a study. Nevertheless.

I wonder what your reply will be.

All the different links mention that said effects differ between women, if any at all.

Anyways, I think it's pretty clear that with pro-life I meant that, protecting the defenseless "sentient, sapient individual", also known as a human being.

A being, which at moment of abortion, is not what you described (spare defenseless).
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Imagine going through the pain of childbirth... for a child you do not even want.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I don't recall mentioning a study.

I meant specifically wherever the hell you pulled "The majority of the cases confirm that the mother is more severely impacted by having an abortion rather than delivering the child" from. That's a specific claim. I was expecting some sort of research (like this or this), not a personal opinion.

Nevertheless.

Counterpoint.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

It is...in the long term.

Do you mean the psychological impact? While I'm sure there are cases such as what the links in EmperorPalpatine's show, I would like to offer a counter from the origination those websites are citing to give a less bias review than that of a pro-life website which would likely be cherry picking for results.

"The best scientific evidence published indicates that among adult women who have an unplanned pregnancy the relative risk of mental health problems is no greater if they have a single elective first-trimester abortion than if they deliver that pregnancy. The evidence regarding the relative mental health risks associated with multiple abortions is more equivocal. Positive associations observed between multiple abortions and poorer mental health may be linked to co-occurring risks that predispose a woman to both multiple unwanted pregnancies and mental health problems.

The few published studies that examined womenâs responses following an induced abortion due to fetal abnormality suggest that terminating a wanted pregnancy late in pregnancy due to fetal abnormality appears to be associated with negative psychological reactions equivalent to those experienced by women who miscarry a wanted pregnancy or who experience
a stillbirth or death of a newborn, but less than those who deliver a child with life-threatening abnormalities.

The differing patterns of psychological experiences observed among women who terminate an unplanned pregnancy versus those who terminate a planned and wanted pregnancy highlight the importance of taking pregnancy intendedness and wantedness into account when seeking to understand psychological reactions to abortion.

None of the literature reviewed adequately addressed the prevalence of mental health problems among women in the United States who have had an abortion. In general, however, the prevalence of mental health problems observed among women in the United States who had a single, legal, first-trimester abortion for nontherapeutic reasons was consistent with normative rates of comparable mental health problems in the general population of women in the United States.

Nonetheless, it is clear that some women do experience sadness, grief, and feelings of loss following termination of a pregnancy, and some experience clinically significant disorders, including depression and anxiety. However, the TFMHA reviewed no evidence sufficient to support the claim that an observed association between abortion history and mental health was caused by the abortion per se, as opposed to other factors."
http://www.apa.org/pi/women/programs/abortion/

If you mean the impact from late term abortions, these are not very common and are often done due to a risk factors to the mother or the developing child becomes no longer viable. Either case one would have to forfeit the claim to being for life as we are then speaking of situation where a life will be lost regardless of outcome and to allow the pregnancy to continue could result in the loss of both mother and child.

Speaking of which even with things going well there is a certain risk factor to the mother's life to carry to term. I have to wonder just how pro-life it is to ask that of someone?

Which doesn't exist yet, it's a life that has the potential to become that. The abortion is done BEFORE it becomes a sentient, sapient individual.
bluesky4us
bluesky4us
30 posts
Nomad

in the united states establishment clause.
"congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion''

abortions should be a basic human right and it already is in some places.

my philosophy is a woman should decide on religious grounds to decide or not to have in abortion.

one of the things the constitution is designed to regulate is theocracy.
which is one of the things that is the most oppressive form of political structures in existence when you vote pro life you vote authoritarian and anty humanitarian.

this should be the end of the discussion.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Which abortion types are we discussing?

Personally, I believe all types of abortions should be granted except for partial-birth abortion. I've yet to see a justifiable argument for it.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Which abortion types are we discussing?

This has mostly been a discussion on whether abortion in general is morally defendable or not. To be honest, I am not aware of several different types of abortion, or maybe I don't understand what you mean by that.

In our country, abortion is legal within the first 12 weeks p.m. (with some bureaucratic knick-knack), and later if there is a medical emergency. By the name of it, it sounds like &quotartial-birth abortion" does not really fall in here.
Showing 766-780 of 867