ForumsThe Tavernlets talk... soccer

273 57738
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

well here we should talk about soccer like who is your favorite player ? who is your favorite team ? you can have up to 3 players and 3 teams but if you have 3 that means you dont like 1 better than the others and i might make a chart of wich teams and players are most popular here on AG

• 273 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

@Laughable

I disagree, the battle would still mostly be for experienced players who are at their peak or peaking; look at Arsenal, we spend money on young potential talents, yet not all live up to it. You see clubs paying the most for all the established chaps, not some fresh new starlet because you know the former ia more likely to pull it off when it comes to crunch time.

Laughable97
Laughable97
125 posts
Nomad

I kind of had a mind blank while writing my posts I assumed by same money it would mean low because if clubs in australia and in spain had the same money then I assumed it would have to be low (Australian clubs having lots of money... -_-)

Assuming it was higher ammount of money. I just think it'd be a bit boring. It wouldn't be a question of money anymore but just what someone wanted to do. Because if all clubs had the same money. They could all have equal chance in terms of money to buy players.

There would still be some players in their peak getting bought but if each club has an equal chance at a grab. It would come down to

1. A manager who doesn't know how much the player is worth.

or

2. The player likes a certain club more.

I really love it when big name transfers happen.

Also there is this same thing in an australian sport (It's only in Australia). You can only have a certain wage maximum (About half the players are at this wage), but many club's managers don't mind bending the rules (Money under the table) and it just becomes a whole corrupt system.

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Well like look at FCB they spend every thing for the players that are good like now they want RVP and they have Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol and many more like when they talk about the amazing Spain team they also talk about FCB but yes other teams do get younger players like Bayern they get 13 year olds and develop them.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Lol omarzoco, Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Puyol, Busqets, Valdes, Messi, Fabregas, Alba are all FCB youth academy products. So yeah, it's all nonsense to claim FCB splurges on players.

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Oh okay well don't they all have academy products ? like don't all teams have academy products ? so ya Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Puyol, Busqets, Valdes, Messi, Fabregas, Alba what about if FCB gets RVP than will he be called a FCB academy product ?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

All teams have, but whether they groom them like Barcelona, is a different issue.

Lol no, of course not. RVP never was a youth product of Barcelona.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Arsenal has a splendid squad this time round! COYG.

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

How come most soccer matches end in a riot ?

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

ughhhhh, how do people like this sport? its like the worst one out there.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

@Mycal

You've obviously not watched much football.

@Spike

Read above.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

ughhhhh, how do people like this sport? its like the worst one out there.

Spike, either you are brave, or really stupid. Everyone here loves football.

How come most soccer matches end in a riot ?

By most do you mean 1 in 100 of them?

Arsenal has a splendid squad this time round! COYG.

One of my...cousins likes Arsenal a lot. He had a lot of Arsenal gear. It was pretty cool. He schooled me in Fifa with Arsenal too.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

@Spike
Have you tried watching golf?

So, Olympic update. USA won gold in women's. Japan got silver and Canada snagged bronze. Mexico won the gold for men, their first time ever. Also they scored in 29 seconds in the gold medal match. Ya, that is a new record in FIFA history. Brazil got silver. Don't know who got bronze, I would guess Japan though.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

My Dad's best friend owns Everton. No Joke. his name is Robert Earl.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

One of my...cousins likes Arsenal a lot. He had a lot of Arsenal gear. It was pretty cool. He schooled me in Fifa with Arsenal too.

Which club do you support?

My Dad's best friend owns Everton. No Joke. his name is Robert Earl.

Pics or it didn't happen!

Mexico won the gold for men, their first time ever. Also they scored in 29 seconds in the gold medal match.

I was bloody upset last night, watching the Samba boys flounder....
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Which club do you support?

If I told you my club, I wouldn't be able to set my virtual eagle claw into this threa again. Or for the matter the rest of Armor Games.

But clubs that I think are okay are FCB, Real Mad, and Chelsea. I don't exactly support them but I like their players.
Showing 226-240 of 273