ForumsThe Taverndo you believe in aliens

170 27189
warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

i do but do you if you do then ask to join my clan on my profile make sure to ask that on my profile

• 170 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Who says they are aliens? What if they are humans traveling back in time to learn more about their existence?

Indeed. Frankly, time travel is close to being proved possible. Or, at least that's what I last heard.

Pathetic? That's an understatement. Our universe would be doomed.

How so? If they're dumb, how will they research the right technology to destroy the entire universe?
Volltagge
Volltagge
26 posts
Nomad

From a million galaxies, hundreds of millions solar systems and hundreds thousands millions planets we cant possibly be the only 1 living race ...

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Frankly, time travel is close to being proved possible.

It could be thousands of years before we figure it out. It doesn't matter how far in the future it is if people are traveling backwards in time, they'd still corrupt history by doing it.

But humans thousands of years more advanced than us would have had to have found ways to fix all the paradoxes and anomalies of time travel, or else even one person traveling back to the past could change the entire course of history.

how will they research the right technology to destroy the entire universe?

The only way humans will ever be able to destroy the universe is on accident.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The only way humans will ever be able to destroy the universe is on accident.

If we are the smartest beings out there, how will a caveman, medieval, or even the current time-period society be able to create something so powerful it could destroy the universe? I don't see any other way this could happen.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Pathetic? That's an understatement. Our universe would be doomed.

Not really. We might as well ending up blowing ourselves up, but I don't even think we're capable of destroying earth; and even if we could, that'd be like a nano-fart in a vast plain of not-a-lot-ness.

Indeed. Frankly, time travel is close to being proved possible. Or, at least that's what I last heard.

Time itself is a human construct, how could time travel be possible? Some experiment apparently sent a particle 'back in time', didn't read the details, but to me it sounds as if it simply changed the properties of the particle back. Like a backwards-reaction in chemistry. But chemistry tells us that even though sometimes backwards reactions are possible, you will never actually revert anything. Everything is simply a new process.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

If we are the smartest beings out there, how will a caveman, medieval, or even the current time-period society be able to create something so powerful it could destroy the universe?

Give mankind enough technology and enough time and eventually we'll end up ripping the fabrics of the universe.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Give mankind enough technology and enough time and eventually we'll end up ripping the fabrics of the universe.

Indeed. I assume this won't happen for billions of years though.

Now hurry up and reply so you can break the 10k post barrier!
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Indeed. I assume this won't happen for billions of years though.

Human technology is increasing at an exponential rate. If it takes us that long just to rip the fabrics of the universe, it would mean mankind will have had the longest period of laziness our species has ever seen.
warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

this has evolved from alien talk to man destroying the universe talk lol

mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

Of course, aliens are real. Do people mean to believe that, of all the billions of trillions of millions of planets in this universe, there's only one that's capable of life?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Of course, aliens are real. Do people mean to believe that, of all the billions of trillions of millions of planets in this universe, there's only one that's capable of life?

Aliens aren't real, yet. By that I mean we have yet to find any evidence about lifeforms somewhere else in the universe. Also a planet capable of sustaining life, doesn't necessarily have life on it. Though I'll give you that, the probability is there, and for that occasion I'll share one of my favourite quotes (he's a biologist if I'm not mistaken):
"Life is not a miracle unique to our earth but a chemical inevitability that is also occuring elsewhere in the universe."
- Hiroshi Yanagawa
dragonkeeper1
dragonkeeper1
8 posts
Peasant

Of course aliens could exist. The universe is ever expanding, faster than the speed of light. Considering the universe is billions, possibly trillions of years old, imagine how huge that is. Now the idea that no intelligent life other than ourselves could exist is a highly ignorant one.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I did think the theory portrayed in Prometheus wasn't completely unbelievable... I mean, look at evolution... it's clear that we did change over time, but why did we change more in the last 200,000 years than we did during any other point over the course of our species' history?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I did think the theory portrayed in Prometheus wasn't completely unbelievable... I mean, look at evolution... it's clear that we did change over time, but why did we change more in the last 200,000 years than we did during any other point over the course of our species' history?

1. Could you give a short summary of what that 'theory' is? (Though from what comes next, I guess it's something in the line of 'aliens did it'

2. Who is 'we'?

3. The processes of evolution aren't running faster now than 200ky, 5my or 2000my ago. I find it kinda logical that, since at the beginning of life you didn't have a big diversity of pre-existing features, there couldn't have been a fast uprising of new features.
ethan3300
ethan3300
100 posts
Shepherd

What if the aliens are retarded ?

Showing 46-60 of 170