ForumsThe Taverndo you believe in aliens

170 27149
warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

i do but do you if you do then ask to join my clan on my profile make sure to ask that on my profile

• 170 Replies
notinthepie3
notinthepie3
658 posts
Nomad

I dont believe in the exactly green headed, huge-eyed hollywood aliens, but I do believe that there could be other life forms on other planets. Maybe a bacteria or other small organism.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

Maybe, not finally, but maybe... Oh, you're NOT talking about ILLEGAL aliens... oops...

But really folks, they COULD exist.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

1. Could you give a short summary of what that 'theory' is? (Though from what comes next, I guess it's something in the line of 'aliens did it'

The theory in the film is that aliens were our creators, or something along those lines... I think it makes more sense for them to have been involved later on in our evolutionary development rather than from the beginning.

I find it kinda logical that, since at the beginning of life you didn't have a big diversity of pre-existing features, there couldn't have been a fast uprising of new features.

But there WAS a vast uprising of new features! Look at this timeline and compare the archaic ones with the anatomically modern humans.

Not saying that aliens were responsible for any of this, but I am saying that it isn't a crazy thought!
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

The theory in the film is that aliens were our creators, or something along those lines... I think it makes more sense for them to have been involved later on in our evolutionary development rather than from the beginning.

So they basically just meddled in somewhen and created humans? Nah, we would look totally different if it was so. We're too close to primates and vertebrates in general to be the product of alien work. And wouldn't they have left more traces, or not left at all and still be here and shape us? The theory might give an original thought to start with, that's true; but it's inconsistent in the long run, imo.

But there WAS a vast uprising of new features! Look at this timeline and compare the archaic ones with the anatomically modern humans.

I'm not saying there where no changes, but the form of some of our bones changed, the skull being probably the most dramatic change (bigger braincase (for bigger brain) and flatter face). The form changed and our cognitive abilities increased but there was not one really new feature. I don't see where aliens would fit in there, honestly. We're not even perfectly adapted to bipedalism, only suboptimally; there are certain things an alien race capable of shaping a living being would not overlook, that are there nonetheless.

Not saying that aliens were responsible for any of this, but I am saying that it isn't a crazy thought!

Don't worry, I know how you mean it. It's just that I don't see any base for the idea. It's funny to think of it, but if you take it seriously there's no reason to think it happened that way.

HOWEVER, if you want, you could say that aliens experimented with cells and thus created life on earth, which then evolved independently. There's no base for that either, but it's much less nonsensical than the Prometheus thingie
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

We're too close to primates and vertebrates in general to be the product of alien work.

Yes, and that's why I don't like that theory as much as the theory that some extraterrestrial life forms bred with archaic humans thousands of years in the past and created the human race as a hybrid race! To me, it's much more believable than the Prometheus theory!

Again, I don't necessarily believe that this is the way things happened, but I do believe that it's best not to rule out the possibility just yet!
DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

Why is it so hard to believe that life very well could be unique to earth? Sure, there may be other forms of life out there, but it's possible that carbon-based "life" could be something exclusive to this planet.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Why is it so hard to believe that life very well could be unique to earth?

Because this.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Because this.

Huh, and I just wanted to post the 2nd one. But Ghost, how does that make it hard to believe? As it says, we haven't even scratched the surface to finding out how many galaxies, yet alone solar systems there are.

I believe in aliens. Not the stereotype greenheaded little dudes who want to kill us all, but maybe a form of bacteria, or even animal of some sort. Maybe even more intelligent life-forms, like us.
I mean, even today, scientists are finding countless new species of animals. Who knows what could be out there
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

But Ghost, how does that make it hard to believe?

I don't think I understand your question. I believe there are aliens somewhere in the universe. My point with that link was to show how large the universe is.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Again, I don't necessarily believe that this is the way things happened, but I do believe that it's best not to rule out the possibility just yet!

Sure. I'll just leave that discussion with just one last remark: an extraterrestrial lifeform, intelligent enough to space travel and genetically manipulate complex lifeforms, needed several million years to perform this...
http://blogs.plos.org/neuroanthropology/files/2011/02/Human-Evolution.jpg
... while us stupid humans needed just a few millenias to perform this:
http://www.emsbachdalmis.de/assets/images/stammbaum-der-hunderassen.jpg

... sounds kinda hard to believe...

On the hybrid thing, do you simply think it's a funny idea or do you have any real reason to believe this might have happened? Cuz I don't see a reason to give any credit to that idea either... sorry if I'm bullheaded about those things but I really wonder why people get such ideas.

Why is it so hard to believe that life very well could be unique to earth? Sure, there may be other forms of life out there, but it's possible that carbon-based "life" could be something exclusive to this planet.

Seeing as how uncomplicated it is in theory to get from anorganic molecules, that are present in space btw, to organic units through regular chemical processes, and as Ghost showed, how big the universe is, it sounds reasonable to think there is a certain percentage of viable planets carrying some sort of lifeform.
kolinbear
kolinbear
1 posts
Nomad

i bilev in alens becus i tink i saw one

warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

all the dogs are the same species chimpazees and humans are not also theirs no reson not to belive that aliens dont look like humans also did you know that dolpins once skweaked part of the war of worlds

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

all the dogs are the same species chimpazees and humans are not

Why are you bringing up chimpanzees? We don't descend from them, and although the one in the picture to the left looks like a chimp (big mistake of the image I think), it isn't supposed to be one.

My point still stands, the Prometheus idea has no base. We didn't change enough to justify breeding as a cause of our evolution, and looking at us I can't imagine that aliens intelligent enough to space travel and genetically modify animals could make such basic mistakes (like being only sub-optimally adapted to bipediality, having heart attacks due to a lack of functional coronal anastomoses etc.).

also theirs no reson not to belive that aliens dont look like humans

Who cares how they look like, first you'd have to show evidence that they exist at all.

also did you know that dolpins once skweaked part of the war of worlds

That wouldn't be the first attempt of that intelligent species to warn us from our impending doom... see for yourself
BigRoosta30
BigRoosta30
76 posts
Nomad

It would be ignorant just to think there would be no form of life out of a million galaxies. I don't mean to sound like a jerk and all but there is a huge chance that there is another life form out there

chickenshot
chickenshot
7 posts
Nomad

Yes i believe but it will be better if we don't believe it for now. But i wanna know too where they came from coz they might be humans that was transformed in that state through evolution and we might look like them if we grow outside the gravity, sun and the atmosphere.

Showing 61-75 of 170