192 posts
Nomad

Tell me if you think ghosts are real or fake

• 64 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Excuse me, Darkfire45. I just realised a thing about heaven and hell. Dying is the same thing as sleeping without waking up. And when you sleep you see dreams. If it is a good dream it's called heaven, if it is a nightmare it will have to be called a hell. Any other questions?

So, that would mean that you'd dream good or bad dreams for eternity? lol...
Being dead is not the same as being asleep. When you're asleep you're well alive and active, for example you dream. Death is total shutdown, no activity. Imagine it not like sleep, but like the way it was before you were born.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Fine, maybe the activity thing of yours was right, but still. Nothing can wake you up. (ok, it isn't EXACTLY the same thing) But when you have a good dream you feel like in heaven. And still, it is LIKE a sleep forever. So....... yeah.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Oh wait, no it wasn't Darkfire45, it was HahiHa. Sorry.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

So, uh, define heaven again? Because since dead men tell no, er, dream no dreams, how can heaven be a good dream? That'd mean we all have felt like heaven already.

And let's imagine for one second that there was indeed a sleeplike state after death, where people dream good or bad dreams, which you would call heaven or hell. How then are ghosts unlikely? You said you don't believe in ghosts, but someone dreaming an especially vivid dream could cause some sort of ghost experience in other people. After all, in your concept of things, there would have to be something like a soul, for people to dream on after death. A ghsot could then simply be a sleeping soul.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Someone dreaming an especially vivid dream could cause some sort of ghost experience in other people

Now that my dear friend is not true. When someone dreams, it doesn't give anyone else a ghost experience.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

@Jeff1999 You can't even remember most dreams. You remember only the dreams prior to waking up. You're dead, you're not going to wake up for a very long time. Dreaming is when the brain is highly active, not dead. Death is the shutdown of one's brain, permanently. So, if you're brain's not on, you won't dream.

And also, how does that even enhance the point that ghosts aren't real?

I personally don't believe in ghosts. As some have said before, mostly everything we may think is a 'ghost' can be easily explained, whether it's your brain or wiring in your house or whatever else.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Look on Hahiha's last post on the 3rd page. There we started the conflict about this thing.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Now that my dear friend is not true. When someone dreams, it doesn't give anyone else a ghost experience.

You don't have to tell ME that.. I was just trying to understand how you can believe in 'heaven' and not in ghosts... though I still don't know what exactly you mean by 'heaven' or 'hell' and all that dreaming stuff.

We're both agreeing that ghosts don't exist, though. So let us just let it be there.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Oh, wait. You DON'T believe in ghosts? Thought you do XD

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Are ghosts real hmmm lets think about that real quick to me no I have never seen a ghost but I have seen things move with nothing around but normally it's my imagination

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Dying is the same thing as sleeping without waking up. And when you sleep you see dreams. If it is a good dream it's called heaven, if it is a nightmare it will have to be called a hell. Any other questions?

Dreams are the result of brain activity. When you're dead you don't have brain activity. So being dead is not like being asleep but not waking up. You're not going to dream.
DDeath1098
DDeath1098
41 posts
Nomad

i totally think ghosts are real because a picture on my wall flashed then turned into a different man.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

when people say ghosts are real and claim they saw one it just means they saw an illusion and post it then claim to be "haunted," which is just a story they made up and told it convincingly. ghosts are not real roaming see-through people or objects they are just publicity storys

Volltagge
Volltagge
26 posts
Nomad

i totally think ghosts are real because a picture on my wall flashed then turned into a different man.

Are you sure you saw what you saw ?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

when people say ghosts are real and claim they saw one it just means they saw an illusion and post it then claim to be "haunted," which is just a story they made up and told it convincingly. ghosts are not real roaming see-through people or objects they are just publicity storys

how nice. lol now proove that illusions arent ghosts XD
Showing 31-45 of 64