ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCenere's hilarious shenanigans - free tea by the door [locked by request]

249 80123
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Look, I can art too.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img019.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img020-1.jpg
Hydreigon(c)Nintendo, Gamefreak
Kinda my take on it, since I didn't have a ref.
I think I got it wrong.

• 249 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Read your post wrong, thought you meant daleks posted art and nobody looked at it.

Commas! And if he posted art, I would probably go look at it in his thread, instead of complain here.
Comment was based on his "Give us art" earlier.

So, in relation to tablets. I guess I'll just look around and if I feel the need to get one, I'll get one.

It tends to be a good investment, if you art a lot. Especially if you are too lazy to scan in stuff, or you are looking to expand you abilities a bit.
It helps a lot when you are super lazy and wants to sketch stuff without getting off your computer.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Daleks, gave you some art, and no comment?

Just because I demand art doesn't mean that I have to comment on it. Meh, and now it is on the other page too. So much work.

Anyway, the evil looking Cen guy is fine. I don't get what he is yelling at though. If you put more detail on whatever that is then it would be fine. I honestly cannot tell right now.
Read your post wrong, thought you meant daleks posted art and nobody looked at it.

Hahahahahahahaha. O man, that is a good one. Actually I have thought about posting some of my art on here, but my art is bad and I should feel bad. O, and I am lazy.
It helps a lot when you are super lazy and wants to sketch stuff without getting off your computer.

No. Being lazy is what I do. I could by a tablet which would help me art but I don't because I am too lazy to look for one(and I don't really want to spend the money). I just use this magical device called a mouse!
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Just because I demand art doesn't mean that I have to comment on it. Meh, and now it is on the other page too. So much work.

Lazybutt.
But sorry. It's just a thing that I actually enjoy ranting about.
The hidden sides of Cen.

Anyway, the evil looking Cen guy is fine. I don't get what he is yelling at though. If you put more detail on whatever that is then it would be fine. I honestly cannot tell right now.

It's Kai. Drawn really simple, and trying to slink away.

Hahahahahahahaha. O man, that is a good one. Actually I have thought about posting some of my art on here, but my art is bad and I should feel bad. O, and I am lazy.

Post it anyway.

No. Being lazy is what I do. I could by a tablet which would help me art but I don't because I am too lazy to look for one(and I don't really want to spend the money). I just use this magical device called a mouse!

Out of the two options, I would consider using a mouse more work over a long period of time, than going to a store, get a tablet and use that.
Mouse art is a lot of work.

Okay, then, I guess that is all for today.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

You can only get better.
Criticism could help you improve, anyway.

Mouse art is a lot of work.

My hand isn't steady enough to do artwork with a mouse.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Post your **** art, daleks.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

And I'll let you guess the bleeped word (it's dam). Cen, may I suggest doing some blind contour drawings? They are usually worth a good laugh.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

And I'll let you guess the bleeped word (it's dam).

Herm.....I don't have any art to do with dams. Sorry Bronze.
Cen, may I suggest doing some blind contour drawings?

Haha, those are always fun. Even when you are trying to do something simple.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I won't even try to consider blind contour drawing. The same way I would not be attempting realism or portraits or any of all the other things that are so far out of my comfort zone, I would have to borrow the Hubble Telescope just to see the faint spot of it.
However fun it might be.

In other news, my eyes are conspiring to assassinate me, while my throat is trying to strangle me, so all is ttly well.
I do feel overly ranty, however. Never a good thing.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I do feel overly ranty, however. Never a good thing.

O no. We need to get you to the ER. If you are not in rant mode then you must be really sick.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

If you are not in rant mode then you must be really sick.

Overly. Exaggerated.
I feel more ranty than usual.
Which is bad because no one cares, and I don't do monologues.

I also drew stuff, but I can't be bothered to scan it right now, so have some webcam photos.
http://imageshack.us/a/img94/4806/img0036vz.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img29/8278/img0040na.jpg

For anyone curious, that would be Kai Frost and the most awesome shifter, respectively.
Yup.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

No no no, he's rant, just more so than usual. At best I'd say it's a minor case of murder by eyes. Or you know, insanity.

The sketch a page or two back looks rather cool, although that's just because I've always thought the sketch lines under the actual drawing somehow make it better. I do wish that the space between the two characters was a bit more fleshed out.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Apologies for the double post, I was ninja'd by someone.

Kai Frost looks awesome, particularly the shading and his face. Although I'm a little curious as to why you can see the eyebrow through his hair?

Shifter looks creepy as all hell, there's no other way to put it, also, is that dark green line a scar or something else entirely?

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Kai Frost looks awesome, particularly the shading and his face. Although I'm a little curious as to why you can see the eyebrow through his hair?

That's just an old manga/cartoon technique.

And great work on your last two drawings Cen. Coloring is great and the line work is great. Very impressed with the varying line widths and how smooth they are.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Apologies for the double post, I was ninja'd by someone.

I have no idea what you are referring to.

I tend to draw the eyebrows like that when I am using that style. Since the expression is exaggerated in the first place, and there are three facial features to convey the expression, the eyebrows being one of them, it would often subtract from the expression itself if the eyebrows or the majority of the face is hidden by hair.
Oh, and late apologies on the lack of shading/colouring of skin, I don't have a Kai-colour in my possession.

Shifter looks creepy as all hell, there's no other way to put it, also, is that dark green line a scar or something else entirely?

Shifters tend to be scary. This one in particular. He's the one from the Horrible Endings ASC round, btw, but, well, as a shapeshifter, shapes are often shifted.
As for the green mark, it's a sigil that sits on both his shoulders, somewhat similar in nature to the one sitting in the mask/head of the robotic warrior for the Futuristic Technologies ASC entry a few pages back (which, if I may inject, is actually mirrored to its original position, which is a mistake I managed to make, but does explain a lot story-wise on the behalf of the wizards. Anyway).
The sigil and the markings on his cheeks are always visible as they are part of the same origin and made of the same magic. The white eyes are due to the nature of shifters (not to be confused with shapers, but that is a whole other rant), and the ear rings as well as the blade in his tail and the cloth tied to it are part of his accessories, and does not shift with him.
Weird drool is weird and assumed to be acidic in nature.

The sketch a page or two back looks rather cool, although that's just because I've always thought the sketch lines under the actual drawing somehow make it better. I do wish that the space between the two characters was a bit more fleshed out.

I kinda ended up really tired when drawing it, which is why it was only a sketch. It was only Cen's face that interested me, so obviously that is the only half finished thing there.
Might draw something better, because, well, Cen's face. And I forgot the wings in this one.

Sorry for the talky-talky.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

And great work on your last two drawings Cen. Coloring is great and the line work is great. Very impressed with the varying line widths and how smooth they are.

Thanks. Though they are both better and worse in person. The colouring did derp out due to lack of proper colours for Kai, the flying asshat, and I kinda forgot in which way fur lies on, well, anything, so the stripes are a bit all over the place.
But you will see that tomorrow.

Line width is easy to do, once you have done the lineart, though. Helps on keeping it smooth too.
Showing 166-180 of 249