Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

This years NFL season

Posted Jun 25, '12 at 5:55pm

CalvinKidd137

CalvinKidd137

908 posts

the texans will win their first superbowl

I can see that happening, but I think Patriots vs. Packers.
I think the Cardinals will have a decent season, with the drafting of Michael Floyd and Jamell Fleming. Floyd will be a weapon so the Double team will come off of Fitzgerald and Fleming will help Patrick Peterson on D. Calais Campbell and Darnell Docket should have a good season on the D-Line. Kolb isn't a fantastic QB so I predict a 9-7 season at best, 6-10 at worst.

I don't think the Broncos have enough weapons for Manning so I predict 10 wins there. I think the Packers will go Undefeated and The Patriots 14-2. I think the Ravens (I predict 13-3) and 9ers (13-3 or 12-4) will both have Fantastic season's so they might contend for the Super Bowl again. Texans (11-5) should be good, the Saints (10-6) not so good, compared to recent season's.
Seattle will be the Underdogs if Matt Flynn is starting, if not then I think they are like the Cardinals and float around .500.

i think its going to be good especially with RG3 and Andrew Luck

Yes, but they are rookies so I predict their teams go anywhere from 3 wins to 6. I think RG3 will have a better record, but Luck will have a better season.
Panthers will have a good chance to surprise many with Steve Smith and Cam Newton. If Bradford stays healthy so will the Rams.

Posted Jun 25, '12 at 7:47pm

AngelOfDemon

AngelOfDemon

422 posts

I say hes the 4th best all time

I don't know about all time because of people like Bart Starr and Dan Marino. I would say top 4 in the past 20 or so years though

He won't do as well as Arian foster

Couldn't agree more. I know he won't do as well as guys like foster ray rice and lesean McCoy, but if you think about great RBs of the last decade, gore is up there.

Posted Jun 26, '12 at 4:13pm

superbob111

superbob111

471 posts

i think its going to be good especially with RG3

is he playing as full time quarterback
or backup

I don't know about all time because of people like Bart Starr and Dan Marino. I would say top 4 in the past 20 or so years though

oh yah i forgot about marino
not so sure about starr
but he did do good

but if you think about great RBs of the last decade, gore is up there

how long has he played for the nfl

Posted Jun 26, '12 at 4:19pm

1zth

1zth

194 posts

Giants BABY!

Posted Jun 26, '12 at 5:22pm

AngelOfDemon

AngelOfDemon

422 posts

is he playing as full time quarterback
or backup

I'd imagine he plays starter. But I'm not 100% sure

how long has he played for the nfl

He was drafted in 2005

Posted Jun 26, '12 at 6:58pm

AngelOfDemon

AngelOfDemon

422 posts

Also, just for the sake of discussion im gonna post my top 5 at each position

Top 5 QBs
5. Tony Romo: Nice accurate passer but i dont think he has enough reliable receivers to put up huge numbers
4. Eli Manning: Arguably has the best WR core in the NFL and with his power and accuracy, is capable of putting up incredible stats
3. Drew Brees: Racks up the yards, cannot argue that. One of the most accurate passers in NFL history, but waiting out on signing is a huge red flag and could have a negative effect on his stats.
2. Aaron Rodgers: Soooooo many options, he will put up 40-50 TDs every year for a while. Also, he couples his great passing with a solid running game of his own.
1. Tom Brady: Great leader, sooo many options in that stacked Patriot offense and lets face it, he doesnt throw that many interceptions when he gets in the zone. And at times, he can do absolutely no wrong.

Top 5 RBs
5. Lesean McCoy: Had a great season last year, I believe he finished with the most TDs among RBs. Great combo of speed and strength and has a pretty strong O Line to help him out. But their coach said he was "over used" last year which would mean less reps this year
4. Chris Johnson: One bad year, so what? He is the fastest player in the NFL and speed never has a bad year. He WILL bounce back this year.
3. Matt Forte: Speed, jukes, strength, he can do it all. Not to mention it takes 2-3 guys to tackle him, one guy isnt enough. The obvious problem is that injury last year and how it may effect him. But I'm not that worried.
2. Ray Rice: Speed kills, we already know that, but he also gets huge number of carries which will lead to more yards and more TDs, but there is a chance that he loses short yardage situations to Bernard Pierce.
1. Arian Foster: The guy is a beast, he is a load and he knows how to move. He is faster than you would expect looking at him and he is also a great receiving running back. He can kill both ways. Like an upgraded Darren Sproles.

Top 5 WRs
5. Mike Wallace: Par none, he is the fastest WR in the league and is a constant threat for the long ball. And he is getting put into more 10-15 yard routes this year to give him more receptions when he gets extra coverage. But he proved last year he couldnt handle a double coverage that well, he needs to work on it.
4. Wes Welker: Gets 100+ receptions every year. Also, he runs 7-10 yard routes to eat up a defense and also has the burst and explosiveness to stretch it to 20-25 yard gains. But with so many more options in the Pats lineup, he could slip into the
background.
3. Hakeem Nicks: Size 14 hands and an incredible jumping ability. He can catch just about anything you throw at him. But with a guy like Victor Cruz next to him, its going to come down to which one of them gets the extra attention.
2. Larry Fitzgerald: BEST HANDS IN NFL HISTORY. He can catch anything, and i mean anything. He can work with a double coverage phenomenally. The only problem is the QB situation in Arizona.
1. Calvin Johnson: They call him... MEGATRON!!!! and for a good reason, he has the best jumping ability in the game right now and can handle double coverage better than any other receiver. The red zone flat to Johnson=TD every time.

Posted Jun 28, '12 at 5:16pm

superbob111

superbob111

471 posts

I'd imagine he plays starter. But I'm not 100% sure

well i think hes better than the current

Lesean McCoy: Had a great season last year, I believe he finished with the most TDs among RBs. Great combo of speed and strength and has a pretty strong O Line to help him out. But their coach said he was "over used" last year which would mean less reps this year

im surpirsed you pt him fifth
not many people would say hes fifth

Top 5 QBs

you didn't put alex smith or ben rothlesbirger(?)

Arian Foster:

agreed
hes not the fastest but hes the smartest

Top 5 RBs

i agree with those

Top 5 WRs

ypu probably missed the best
Andre Johnson

Posted Jun 28, '12 at 5:25pm

superbob111

superbob111

471 posts

ignore 4:45 - 5:45
stupid cortland finegan

Posted Jun 28, '12 at 5:38pm

AngelOfDemon

AngelOfDemon

422 posts

ypu probably missed the best
Andre Johnson

He gets injured way too often to be great. He has the skill, not the durability

you didn't put alex smith or ben rothlesbirger(?)

Alex Smith is good, not great. The 5 I put down are hands down better than smith. Roethlisherger didn't have stellar 2012 season so I don't know what to expect from him this season.

ignore 4:45 - 5:45
stupid cortland finegan

WHY?!?! That's my favorite part. Makes Johnson look like an absolute ******

Posted Jun 28, '12 at 5:39pm

AngelOfDemon

AngelOfDemon

422 posts

absolute ******

Absolute BAMF

Reply to This years NFL season

You must be logged in to post a reply!