ForumsThe TavernTour de France 2012

28 3938
hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

This is your discussion and news forum for the Tour de France 2012. Any thing you want to say about this subject goes here.

So today the first course was done. Fabian Cancellara won the time trial and so got the yellow jersey. I think Evans and Wiggins will still have some major changes in retrieving it though.

• 28 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I was looking forward to the TDF but Thor Hushovd (my favorite) is not there and also Andy Schleck is missing. :|
Anyway, Fabian Cancellara crushed the competition again.
Tony Martin had to change bike so his race was kaput after that.
Anyway have the TDF team ever tested him for doping? I don't trust this guy the same way I didn't trust Alberto Contador and it turned out he was a cheater.
The mountain stages are going to be a challenge this year,OMG!
Those stages are my favorite anyway so...
I hope Sylvain Chavanel does well this year, he deserves it.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

Today Sagan won the stage but Cancellara was second so he will still be wearing the yellow jersey. Morkov has won the dotted jersey (not sure if name is right). A lot of people thought Phillippe Gilbert would win this stage since he was born in the area but he did not make up for these expactations.

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

My parents love the Tour so about the drugs that they take the people that try and catch them should because if you think about it all of them take drugs and so then it makes it extra exiting and so they all take drugs so then it's jus up to they're body because every one of them has drugs ( that's how I think of it ).

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I thought Cancellara did a good job today. He tried to gain a few seconds at the end but it didn't work. Chavanel and Gilbert did good too. Overall, it wasn't a bad race.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I didn't see today's stage Can someone tell me who won?

Mvp1234
Mvp1234
54 posts
Nomad

Cadel Evans will win it again.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I didn't see today's stage Can someone tell me who won?

Mark Cavendish won the sprint against one of his old lead out.
xXSPIK3Xx
xXSPIK3Xx
15 posts
Peasant

i see ppl riding down the street with fake spounser uniforms (shirts) lol

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Peter Sagan won the stage but Sylvain Chavanel came very close to win the yellow jersey by taking off at around 5 km to the arrival.
Unfortunately the peloton caught up with him but he's still 7 seconds behind Cancellara so it's not bad. Lots of crash today though. 2 riders have abandoned, one from team Sky and I don't remember who the other one was.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Lots of crash today though.

They had the one right at the end that looked pretty painful. I feel bad for Bradley wiggins for getting caught in it but listening to the announcers he gets the same time as the Peleton because the crash was right before the finish.

Looks to be an interesting tour with a lot of the big boys out of it, I don't really care who wins as long as Evans doesn't repeat.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Another big crash toward the end. Mark Cavendish was involved in it.
Andre Greiple won the sprint over Alessandro Pataki.
Now Peter Sagan has a big lead for the green jersey.
The positions for the yellow jersey remains the same.
Tomorrow is another stage for sprinters.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I don't think Greipel would have won yesterday if Cavendish hadn't fallen. I hope Cavendish won't have any lasting problems from the fall. I hope he won't drop out. Today's stage can be exciting. I hope it will be.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Guess what? Another crash at 2KM to go caused by a rider from the Lampre team. He cut Tyler Farrar who fell onto Andre Greipel but by some incredible agility, was able to stay on his bike and ended up winning the sprint. Cavendish finished 4th.
That was very exciting! The break away group almost survived and got caught at 100 meters to the finish line. What a great race today!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Peter Sagan won the sprint again. Another stupid crash around 25 KM has ruined the race for many good riders, including the best Canadian and also Frank Schleck. Those crashes are getting ridiculous!

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I think it's hilarious how Sagan keeps using Gripel's leadout team for himself as well. Hats off for the gorilla celebration at the end.

Another stupid crash around 25 KM has ruined the race for many good riders, including the best Canadian and also Frank Schleck. Those crashes are getting ridiculous!

These crashes are getting terribly out of hand. Schleck's tour is basically over now, gah!
Showing 1-15 of 28