ForumsThe TavernEver been banned from something for a ridiculous reason or a stupid amount of time?

25 3577
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

I had the word f****** (with the asterixes) on my bio and I was banned from Xbox live for a week. I would understand if it was 24 hours but a week is a bit steep especially as there are people who break the terms of use far more than I do and some guy from my school has a Gamer Tag 'Batty Driller' (I apologise for younger users reading this as that name is really offensive and rude) yet the letter f with 6 asterixes gets me banned for a week.

• 25 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Batty Driller

...?

How is that offensive? I'm not quite understanding..

Honestly though, I don't have much sympathy for people who get in trouble from swearing, even if it is censored or changing the word or whatever. Everyone knows that swearing is "bad" and there's rarely a reason to use it. Although a week is a little long.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

AG doesn't like you censoring stuff yourself either. It's either all asterix (provided by the site), or not using the word.
It's just how some sites roll, especially since using such forms of language (your above example is probably one of the harsher words you could use, considering its history and meaning) without censoring the entire word, would still mean you are using that exact word and want people to know it.

As far as I am concerned, I don't think I have ever been banned from anything for any ridiculous or otherwise reason. Though, having had to ban people because they refused to remove a name from their about*, I could probably name a few stupid reasons to get themselves banned.

*It did escalate from there, though, but that was where the issue started.

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

Batty Driller

...?

How is that offensive? I'm not quite understanding..

Batty is slang for anus and driller... well you can guess.
Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

I got banned from x box for 10,000 years wtf ???

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i really dont care when people curse, i think its just a deeper, more invalid way to express something. of course, ik that all types of curseing is bad, but i dont have anything against it (with exeption of the n word, being as it is racist)

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I got banned from x box for 10,000 years wtf ???

That's nothing, one of my friends has gotten banned for a billion...seriously.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I once got banned by arguing with a site moderator on a Minecraft server. We were arguing about waffles.

Those sites are filled with 12 year-old mods who become mods just by knowing an admin in real life.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

it's really annoying when you buy something, and they ban u

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

I got banned for telling a guy to kill himself. That's ridiculous because he deserved it.

*glares at Cenny*

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I love you too, Orion.
And just because he deserved it, doesn't mean you didn't deserve it as well.
A more ridiculous reason would be getting banned for circumventing the ban just to tell the mod off for banning them in the first place.
Which has happened a number of times.

dovakhin15234
dovakhin15234
6 posts
Nomad

Ive been banned permanently for telling some to screw off AND YES I USED THE WORD SCREW

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

i got a banned on a ipod game cuz in the forum i said f*** the mods and that they totally blow d***. i hated them so much cuz i got banned for 1 day because i was bullying a kid who was saying stuff bout me

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

i hated them so much cuz i got banned for 1 day because i was bullying a kid who was saying stuff bout me

That is... pathetic. For you, I mean. You're pathetic.

And just because he deserved it, doesn't mean you didn't deserve it as well.

True, but it still hurt my feelings. D:

I love you too, Orion.

*hugs*
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I love you too, Orion.

*hugs*

Hast the environs amongst the stars and lights of the heavens dawned upon thee to curest thine darkened visions, Oreo? Cuz yee dun gave a hug there, moosh.

I get banned on CT. A lot. Like, it's like they like to ban, kick me, and the like. Yeah, they do. They enjoy it. And for the most silly of things. Like when opinions on desserts differ. That was quite a ways back.
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

There's only one problem with battlefield 3, and that's the admins overeact.
Oh look, that guys lying down! He's obviously afk. Let's boot/kick/ban him.

Showing 1-15 of 25