ForumsThe TavernCountdown To Beta Armorgames

30 4338
joshuabaillargeon
joshuabaillargeon
60 posts
Nomad

How long will it be before it comes out? Post your guesses here.

• 30 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I saw this thread and thought one of the admins posted it. Now I'm disappointed.

If it isn't released this year I'd guess summer of 2013. If they didn't already scrap the idea.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

well i think i saw somewhere that it is supposed to come out this summer, could be wrong but i'm pretty sure it's this summer

~MMM

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

well i think i saw somewhere that it is supposed to come out this summer

I guessed that last year and posted it in several AG3 related threads. I doubt it'll release this summer as the beta site hasn't progressed at all in a few months.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

0. The beta is already out. Now if you are talking about when AG3 replaces AG2 then I have no idea.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Omg omg omg omg omg wait...

I saw this thread and thought one of the admins posted it. Now I'm disappointed.

Same. I thought it would be something like 20 days to go or something but no

My guess? Maybe winter 2013. Hopefully.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Soon.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/117/014/GsE3k.jpg

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/673/soon%20(1).jpg

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/117/012/tumblr_lj57goZvBh1qdjdp1o1_500.jpg

http://mslk.com/reactions/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/coming-soon-never-coming-mslk1.gif

Well, that about sums this up. Yay pictures. (I really hope they work...)

drdakota
drdakota
62 posts
Nomad

IDK my guess is Next Summer/Fall

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

I saw this thread and thought one of the admins posted it

you really think the admins even care about the forums anymore?The reason for AG3 is to increase the ammount of people who will come here to play games,that also might increase the ammount of forum activity,but right now the admins see the forums as a deserted island.
Laughable97
Laughable97
125 posts
Nomad

The best way to think of AG3 is to forget about it. That way it's a pleasant surprise. Trust me, I've been on several forums and it's the best way to think about a new "upgrade" to the site is not to, I'd expect the same for AG3

I'd probably guess Q2 2013.

_____After looking for the first thread about AG3___

Wow, I just found AG3 has been coming soon for 2 years now. I thought it was recent.

New guess Q4 2012

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01253/ness_682_1253867a.jpg

tis a myth to keep us here. awaiting this "ag3" nonsense.

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Now if you are talking about when AG3 replaces AG2

My hopeful replacement time? Never. From what I've read and gathered, AGv3 is pretty much a fix to something that ain't broken, and in the process of that unnecessary fix it's going to royally screw up a lot of stuff on here - like the beloved forums that separate AG from every other internet flash gaming site. And the AP system that we all know and use to recognize the long-timers and generally good activities. And even the general appearance of things, which based on the AGv3 prototype page I've seen is going to be more cluttered and darker, as opposed to our current, straightforward and bright homepage. So that said, I hope that the AG hierarchy decide to just quietly let the idea slip away and find a resting place in the scrap heap of poorly thought out concepts that were stopped before wreaking havoc.

Rant, I know. But this is a serious problem they have looming at us.
TheDracomancer
TheDracomancer
56 posts
Farmer

soon? like 2013 soon? or maybe...

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

From what I've read and gathered, AGv3 is pretty much a fix to something that ain't broken, and in the process of that unnecessary fix it's going to royally screw up a lot of stuff on here

It's always noteworthy to consider that many, if not all of the issues we have had through the times have yet to be fixed.
But hey, adding more issues is a fine way of... Something?

The reason for AG3 is to increase the ammount of people who will come here to play games

In a moment of loyalty here, I will say I believe the staff is actually trying their best to make a new site that will be enjoyable and good to use, without all the issues of this version, and to modernise the site to properly compete with other gaming sites. I don't think they are doing this as a publicity stunt, nor that they are doing it solely for the gaming populace (technically, wouldn't forums make money, since we refresh the pages more often than gamers?).
They do seem misguided in their efforts, they are not communicating and they might not consider the forum people that important, but I do think this is a result of them being programmers and not anything else.

Anyway. The last estimates were summer this year, but with the lack of information flowing out from the staff offices to anyone, it's hard to make a proper guesstimate, let alone an estimate.
I do hope they get it out this year, perhaps in September when many students need something to procrastinate with, but I don't think that would be the most likely time.
Soon^tm
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

tis a myth to keep us here. awaiting this "ag3" nonsense.

If you honestly believe that I find that hilarious. When they first announced AG3 a few other members and I started saying that just to mess with people, but the joke got old fast....

It's times like this I actually miss Cormyn, me and that guy never got along well, but he could see I actually cared about this site and let me function as the trash man if you will. I could get rid of people moderators could find no reason to.

But, I digress, he was a coder, and would do his best to actively run the forums and make sure that the users questions where getting answered, sure we have moderators, but they know as much as we do.

I just made a post saying I miss Cormyn.....what has this world come to.....
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

If you honestly believe that I find that hilarious. When they first announced AG3 a few other members and I started saying that just to mess with people, but the joke got old fast....

Of course i don't believe that. I just say it because the deadline seems to move further and further back every time the subject is brought up.
Showing 1-15 of 30