ForumsThe TavernSunburn or Strep throat which do u choose

42 7670
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

since im having a HUGE sunburn right now covering my whole body i rather pick Strep throat because its easier to cure

• 42 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I've never had strep, so I can't say. I have had a few nasty sunburns but they only suck if you need to move around. I can deal with sunburns, I hate being sick though.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I too would easily choose the sunburn over having strep, as I truly hate being sick! And having some major inconvenience issues because of aching whenever you so much as twitch seems WAY better than feeling rotten all day AND aching in every part of your body!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I hate sore throats of all kinds. Strep isn't the worst, but it's still far more annoying and difficult to adapt to than a sunburn anywhere on the body.

Most sunburns don't bother me. Even with a full-body sunburn, which I can't see myself contracting anyway because I don't spend much time in the sun without sufficient clothing to cover my skin, I would still be able to eat and drink as well as perform the most basic of tasks that would be painful if I had a burning throat.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

honestly i live with sunburn. I have it all the time during the summer months. Just some aloe and its fine. but strep throat sucks. i have had it before. it hurts my throat to eat drink.. and it's just a bad general state. you have aches and pains, and you can give it to other people.

Answer: Sunburn.

And R2D2, i would really suggest aloe. it helps

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I would go with the sunburn. I hate normal sore throats so I would really hate strep. I had a really bad sunburn one time. While it is bad and it sucks it I can live with it. Plus it is fun to gross people out when it starts to peel.

Pegasus16
Pegasus16
48 posts
Nomad

i never get bad sunburns cuz im pretty tan, but ive had strep:P it sucks!!! so sunburn all the way, i have a little one right now though.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

And R2D2, i would really suggest aloe. it helps

i used aloe its still burning

Plus it is fun to gross people out when it starts to peel.

yea i dont understand why people r grossed out over peeled skin but i do love how it feels when u peel it
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

i used aloe its still burning

well that's a bummer... but keep putting it on, its good for you, how did you get the sunburn in the first place?
Kenezie
Kenezie
27 posts
Nomad

hmm having a strep throat really sucks since its difficult to drink and eat

So pretty much sunburn which i rarely get it

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

I rather have a sunburn. There's things you can do to make the sunburn hurt less and go away quicker.

Any infection in the throat is always annoying and it feels like you have it forever.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

After a few days, the pain from a sunburn will go away on its own... and usually there are ways of dealing with them during the short time that they're actually painful!

Strep, on the other hand, does NOT go away on its own... it gets worse, and it's far more annoying because it interferes with eating, drinking, and speaking, which are three things I would rather not have interfered with!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Strep throat.

It responds to amoxicillin. Sure I have to restrict my diet and I get constitutional symptoms, but I have a legitimate reason to stay at home feeling sorry for myself and take time off work.

With a sunburn, unless it's so severe I require hospitalisation, I can't take time off work for that. Rather, I'll either feel in pain all day long as I work, or I feel really icky because the aloe vera gel causes my shirt to cake up. And I can't really go around feeling sorry for myself, I just have to suck it up.

Also sun burn magnifies your risk of skin cancer, which is big in Australia. I'd be surprised if strep throat predisposed somebody to malignancy.

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Sunburn > Strep.

Whenever I get burned I just basically bathe the area in aloe vera, and it's fine within a couple days.

Strep, on the other hand, just completely sucks, 24/7. I mean, the burn only really hurts if you rub it or move too much, but strep hurts whenever you eat, drink, or swallow, which is much worse in my opinion.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

well that's a bummer... but keep putting it on, its good for you, how did you get the sunburn in the first place?

i was outside watching my friend's baseball game and there were 2 games
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

i was outside watching my friend's baseball game and there were 2 games

How do you get a full-body sunburn from watching baseball? o_O
Showing 1-15 of 42