ForumsThe TavernDogs vs. Cats Choose your Side!

104 18710
Chata722
Chata722
73 posts
Nomad

This dabate has been argued since the begining of time, through out the ages, there hasn't been a clear, absolute answer, untile now... choose your side! Armor Games will be voteing for what they prefer, dogs or cats!

The Rules
1.Choose your side, dogs or cats.
2.Use one or more reasons why (dogs or cats) are better.

The adorable, cute, and cuddly animal with the most votes, will be crowned Armor Games Most favorite animal!

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/gty_dog_cat_ll_1203008_wg.jpg
VOTE NOW!

• 104 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

if cats aren't reliant on people we may see a case of "The Rise of The Planet of the Cats"

Cats aren't pack animals. They would never rise against humans as a group, only individually. I've never gotten the impression that they really cared much for one another.

- scooping cat litter stinks (literally)

The smell of cat litter is awful, but nowhere near as bad as fresh dog droppings. You couldn't pay me to pick up dog poop.

- they require to much darn attention

And dogs don't? You don't have to take a cat out for a walk every day. For the most part, they're pretty solitary except for having to be let out and getting fed by us humans. Even in those departments, dogs require more attention than cats.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

- scooping cat litter stinks (literally)

Stepping in dog crap is worse, not to mention it's more gross to pick up the raw poop than simply scoop it out of a box.

- you must brush the cat often, otherwise you risk an eye gauging

I have had cats all my life and only one needed to be brushed because its fur was sooooo long it would get matted otherwise.

We had it shaved each summer.

- cats ruin your furniture and scratch everything up

This is the only valid point against cats vs dogs.

- they require to much darn attention

The only attention any of my cats has ever required was to be fed twice a day. Other than that, they're 100% independent if you have a cat door.

Or unless you have a retard cat that gets stuck under the same place every time it goes out a certain way.
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Well... Even if those points aren't valid here are some pros for dogs:

1. People pleasers, they obey you! Can't tell a cat to sit and expect it to obey you
2. They promote healthy lifestyles because you have to walk dogs constantly. This is not so with cats they make you fat!!!
3. Dogs are so fun, you can play around with them and teach them new things.
4. Dogs are loyals unlike those darn traitorous cats who would sell you down the river for some cat chow!
5. Puppies are cute

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

1. People pleasers, they obey you! Can't tell a cat to sit and expect it to obey you

They brown-nose the hell out of you, that's for sure.

"Sit."
"Yes, yes, yes, of course master! I will do whatever you say for an orgasmic belly rub!"

Cats are leaders, not followers. That's why I have much less respect for dogs; they generally aren't great when it comes to thinking for themselves.

2. They promote healthy lifestyles because you have to walk dogs constantly.

I see you've made a few errors in that post of yours...

2. They promote unhealthy lifestyles because you have to take valuable time out of your day walk your overly-dependent dogs constantly, so you get no time to yourself and eventually you end up losing your mind.

Fix'd.

This is not so with cats they make you fat!!!

No they don't. Dogs are much higher in calories.

3. Dogs are so fun, you can play around with them and teach them new things.

Cats are fun too. Dangle a feather in front of them or shine a light on a wall and you've got entertainment that requires less effort on your part.

4. Dogs are loyals

Inability to make one's own decisions and think for oneself causing almost complete dependence on another being =/= loyalty.

5. Puppies are cute

Kittens are cuter. That's a scientifically proven fact.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Cats are leaders, not followers. That's why I have much less respect for dogs; they generally aren't great when it comes to thinking for themselves.

Simply because they see you as the alpha male. But in truth, cats are incredibly stupid. Dogs aren't.

Fix'd.

Not if you train your dog appropriately. I had a walk with a friend and her dog not long ago, we would just walk and the dog would sometimes run around but eventually see we're not stopping and keep up.

Inability to make one's own decisions and think for oneself causing almost complete dependence on another being

Again, you're the alpha male, thus he's subordiante to you; not conpletely stupid. Many dogs are able to live in the wild, and when I say dog, I mean those breeds close to the wolf, not those crippled abominations that couldn't even jump from a chair without breaking their legs.

Cats are fun too. Dangle a feather in front of them or shine a light on a wall and you've got entertainment that requires less effort on your part.

Kittens are cuter. That's a scientifically proven fact.

These are among the only things I like about cats.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

But in truth, cats are incredibly stupid.

From what I read in your previous post about why you think cats are stupid, it sounds like your entire basis of the species is from a few YouTube videos of curious cats sticking their head inside boxes or trying to catch a light on the wall because they think it's alive. Unless a cat is feeling playful, I've noticed, it will not go for anything you shine on a wall or dangle in its face.

Do you really think a dog could tell the difference between a fly and a red dot on the wall? And do you really think a dog sees an empty box as an empty box? No, the dog would just see it as another shape on the ground. The cat at least has the ability to think that the box could potentially have something of value inside of it.

So if you say a cat is stupid for sticking his head inside a box, you could just as easily say a dog is stupid for not sticking his head inside a box.

Not if you train your dog appropriately. I had a walk with a friend and her dog not long ago, we would just walk and the dog would sometimes run around but eventually see we're not stopping and keep up.

That's still far more maintenance than just opening a door and letting your cat in/out. You can't let your dog run free in the neighborhood all day and expect him to survive on his own. A wolf could do it, as could any other wild canine species, but a domesticated dog would not possess the survival skills.

thus he's subordiante to you; not conpletely stupid.

Not saying that they're stupid, just very dependent on other beings rather than possessing the ability to be self-sufficient. They know how to get what they want from others, they just don't know how to fulfill those same needs without the aid of another being.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Cats are more independent, that's true, but mostly because they're not really domesticable and simply tolerate human presence. Btw, yes, those youtube vids were part of the reason why I say cats are stupid. Another reason is the domestication and training. Dogs can be trained and show a real bond towards their owner, significantly more than most cats; which evidences their higher learning ability and sociability, bringing them closer to us mentally than any cat.

Now, I'm not saying one is better than the other, at least not objectively; it's your choice whether you prefer a more independent cohabitant than a more dependent friend.

HalfDemon
HalfDemon
13 posts
Nomad

Cat I just can not stand dogs always coming in to me

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

mostly because they're not really domesticable and simply tolerate human presence

I don't agree with this. It depends on the personality (which cats have, as opposed to mindless worship exhibited by 97% of dogs, the other 3% being extreme aggression.) of the cat. I've had cats that were extremely friendly, and others that weren't. Some avoided people, some walked up to any random person.

Btw, yes, those youtube vids were part of the reason why I say cats are stupid.

On the issue of intelligence of cats vs dogs: Dogs eat their own and other animal's crap. Cats don't.

'Nuff said.

Dogs can be trained and show a real bond towards their owner, significantly more than most cats; which evidences their higher learning ability and sociability, bringing them closer to us mentally than any cat.

I disagree with this too. Cats can be trained and also, they in turn can train their owner. Want an example? My cat makes me let it in through the window because if I don't, it won't stop scratching at it. It knows that if it keeps it up I'll let it in eventually. I never showed it the window as a way to come in, it discovered that for itself. I hadn't even ever thought of the window as a way to go in and out, yet, that's how my cat goes in/out 90% of the time now.

All dogs being obedient shows is that they listen to people more often.
Cats know, they just don't care to listen.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Cats are less domesticable, it doesn't mean they run away from humans. They're curious too and all that. Dogs are just more focussed on their owner, they're more sociable. And I think you people are making a horrible mix of playfulness and mindless obedience.

Besides, it's not a cat that is going to sit days in front of your grave any time soon.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I like dogs more, I like their loving nature and the fact that they will always love you. I know some cats are like this but not all cats are like that. I know 1-2 cats that are like that and I know about 6-7 that utterly hate people and then maybe 3-4 that don't care. I also like dogs more for their personality. They may not be as smart as cats but I think they are more loving.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Alright, I believe the score is now;

Dogs: 30
Cats: 29

dr_doughnut
dr_doughnut
72 posts
Nomad

Dogs are beast!!! They listen to your commands and they are not like a cat I had where it tries to puke in your sink.

canada24
canada24
12 posts
Nomad

I would have to go with cats

Showing 91-104 of 104