ForumsThe TavernWho would win in a fight..... Superman or the Hulk?

53 9106
CaptainP17
CaptainP17
6 posts
Peasant

Remember both almost have no peak to their strength. Now let it begin.

• 53 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What's the closest thing to Hulk Superman has fought?

Solomon Grundy and Darkseid, and Superman has beat both of them numerous times.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Lets imagine the fight. Umm... superman flies in the air and hulk charges at him, once hulk is close to superman, superman shoots his ice breath and freeses hulk, since hulk is so stuff he breaks out of the ice and gets destroyed by Superman's lazer eyes. Soon superman wins this fight. But iron man is better then superman.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Superman prime one million is stronger than a god and would destroy our solar system just to destroy the hulk.

VirtualLife
VirtualLife
276 posts
Nomad

Depends. If we are talking about the more modern Superman, then it would be closer. However, if we are talking about the earlier Superman who literally had no limits, it would be extremely obvious.

Now, we all know about Superman and the Hulk. The Hulk has fought other superheros and usually won. The majority of you are pointing towards the Hulk's ridiculous amount of strength. However, what he has in strength he lacks in agility. Superman, while not the most agile hero, has a good combination of strength and agility. He would not have to take Hulk head on and he count outmaneuver him. Not only that, but Bruce Banner as the Hulk isn't very smart. He's really stupid, in fact. So while the Hulk is busy trying to catch him, Superman could be knocking him out. However, the Hulk would also not worry about innocent people around him. So Superman would naturally have to save them, and the Hulk would inevitably get a few punches in. Superman is the Man of Steel and like stated before, he could easily take him up to space.

Superman. He is smarter and more agile than the Hulk and while not as smart or strong, he could easily beat him.

VirtualLife
VirtualLife
276 posts
Nomad

http://www.mania.com/content_pics/000005/99/52/703af9a5ce7d396f_large.jpg

Pooh. I forgot to include this in there. Sorry for the double post, but I couldn't resist. It is just too relative.

Also, I forgot to mention that the Hulk has fought Spider-Man a lot and he usually wins. Superman fought Spider-Man if I remember right and they were both interrupted, but Superman was pretty much handing it to him.

Besides, if Superman loses he can just circle the Earth several times and go back in time. Piece o' cake for him.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

I can take them both out as i'm real and they are not

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

No doubt it's Superman because he is invinsible to most attacks. So Hulk's attack won't do much to Superman no matter how much strength he puts into his attacks. And since Superman has super strength, he could easily defeat the Hulk.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Actually, the real winner would be Chuck Norris. But anyway, Superman would win because he could fly Hulk into space and suffocate him.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Besides, if Superman loses he can just circle the Earth several times and go back in time. Piece o' cake for him.

Actually no, he would be dead. So it's the entire cake for him, but the cake is a lie.
No doubt it's Superman because he is invinsible to most attacks

Assuming you mean invincible, so is hulk.
Hulk's attack won't do much to Superman no matter how much strength he puts into his attacks

But supermans attack won't hurt hulk much either will they?
And since Superman has super strength, he could easily defeat the Hulk.

They both have super strength.

Really it depends on many variables. If banner is in control of hulk. Has hulk taken control? It depends on when in their stories it takes place. If it was rage mode hulk then superman but it would be close. He would only win once hulk changed back to banner.

I feel like such a nerd.
VirtualLife
VirtualLife
276 posts
Nomad

Actually no, he would be dead. So it's the entire cake for him, but the cake is a lie.

Didn't you ever watch the original Superman movies Q.Q You would have gotten my reference. Anyway, one time he told Lois Lane who he was and then went back in time so that she never knew. That was what I was referencing. And Superman needs Kryptonite to die...soooo

Assuming you mean invincible, so is hulk.

Anyway Superman is invincible as long as there is no Kryptonite. Hulk might be while he is the Hulk, but when he is Bruce Banner he isn't.
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Assuming a straight-up fight (no surprise Kryptonite or alternate universe forms), Superman wins.
The reason comes down to physical capacity: While Hulk may have extreme strength, it is due to an alternate form, whereas Superman comes by his power naturally. Therefore, Hulk will eventually begin to tire, while Superman will simply be maintaining a normal pace. Additionally, Hulk's strength is governed by a rage state, which would render him less rational and focused, thereby causing him to make mistakes that a calm, intelligent and focused mind like Superman's would easily avoid and exploit.
Also, depending on what level of situational ethics is at play, Superman could use his laser vision to effectively cut Hulk into sections, or if that was taking too long to cut through Hulk's hide he could laser Hulk in the eyes. Based on how indestructible Hulk's eye tissue is, that would either melt his eyes and drill into his brain, or just sear his retinas to such an extent that he would be blinded. (I've actually wondered why he didn't do that to Armageddon.)

armorjamesus
armorjamesus
17 posts
Peasant

assuming there were no kryptonite around I'd say superman, Hulk can't keep up with his speed.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

naturally.  Therefore, Hulk will eventually begin to tire, while Superman will simply be maintaining a normal pace.  Additionally, Hulk's strength is governed by a rage state, which would render him less rational and focused, thereby causing him to make mistakes that a calm, intelligent and focused mind like Superman's would easily avoid and exploit. 

Nope. The more you fight hulk the stronger he gets.
Hulk has been running from a general of the us army for years. He doesnt need a calm mind to kill.
Also in the incredible hulk movie he faught abomination and won. Abomination was a bigger, stronger, perminate hulk that didn't have split personalities and hulk won.
VirtualLife
VirtualLife
276 posts
Nomad

Hulk has been running from a general of the us army for years. He doesnt need a calm mind to kill.
Also in the incredible hulk movie he faught abomination and won. Abomination was a bigger, stronger, perminate hulk that didn't have split personalities and hulk won.

So they would eventually tire out each other, but the only problem is neither would ever tired. It could be an endless fight. Superman is just as strong as Hulk and he is faster, more agile, and more intelligent. He could keep fighting him until Hulk eventually changed back into Banner.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

The creators of Hulk made one of his main and few powers super strength. Superman has many other powers, but I think Hulk's super strength being the only power he has, be stronger than Superman's strength. Then, again, Superman has other powers...

until Hulk eventually changed back into Banner.

IF he turned back to Banner. IF he didn't then, who knows...Hulk still has a chance in it. They could always take a break when he turns into Banner.
Showing 16-30 of 53