ForumsWEPRShooting at a batman movie in Colorado

118 32567
kyhree1359
kyhree1359
5 posts
Nomad

so i heard that a guy dressed up as baine and killed a bunch of people.
I dident even know there was a batman movie out.

• 118 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

I found a much better one here.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Watch this. There are many more like it.

Dude. When I'm speaking of shooting, I mean massacre, like the one in Aurora and the like. Old suckers shooting on bank robbers who didn't even kill anyone are bat**** crazy too, but that's not what I mean.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

[quote]Dude. When I'm speaking of shooting, I mean massacre, like the one in Aurora and the like.

Oh, you mean like this?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Oh, you mean like this?

Thanks for bringing this to my knowledge. Thanks also for the thing about the old geezer and the bank robber, that really turned my image of gun holders to the worse... but that isn't about shootings anymore, so I'll shut up now.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Dude. When I'm speaking of shooting, I mean massacre, like the one in Aurora and the like. Old suckers shooting on bank robbers who didn't even kill anyone are bat**** crazy too, but that's not what I mean.

There is a reason for that. A "Massacre" means that a lot of people where killed. If someone stops it, then it is not a massacre...
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Americans think the more weapons they own, the safer they are, but who walks around with several guns daily?

No.

not useless gun collections.

Gun collections are just that, collections.

When you tell somebody that you are going to take their possessions, and refusal will lead to bodily harm, that's a threat. When a robber who doesn't intend on killing anyone says he is going to kill someone, bluffing or not, you can not blame anyone with a gun or knife pointed at their face for taking the criminal's words at face value.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Dude. When I'm speaking of shooting, I mean massacre, like the one in Aurora and the like.

Charles Whitman and the UT bell tower.

'Nuff said.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Old suckers shooting on bank robbers

That wasn't a bank. It was an internet cafe; a building with free internet connectivity to the public. No different than a library.

who didn't even kill anyone are bat**** crazy too

It's better than waiting for something bad to happen (ex: the vid posted above where a guy gets slashed and another is stabbed first). Who would want to live with knowing that an innocent victim got killed right in front of them and they did nothing to prevent it when they could have?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Jeez, I said I'd shut up, so spare your tiping forces guys...

It's simply that I wouldn't feel safe if people like these walk around with concealed guns; I'd only trust a few trained people of a certain age to defend civilians with concealed guns, everyone else can have tazers in public for all I care. Just as effective without killing someone who has the right of having a fair trial.

But I know you'll all jump at that again and find whatnot to argue about... I found the discussion about arms interesting up to now, it made me think deeper and reinforce my position. But this here is all about opinion and I can do without. Palpatine showed me that there have been shootings prevented by civilians, and that's it.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

It's simply that I wouldn't feel safe if people like these walk around with concealed guns; I'd only trust a few trained people of a certain age to defend civilians with concealed guns, everyone else can have tazers in public for all I care.

Why? You don't trust your fellow man? I mean they could kill you just as easily with a car...

Oh yeah, that infallible police force we have. That one that can spawn at wherever the crime is? Here is a population map of Montana.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Montana_population_map.png

You see those really big dots? Those are considered "Cities" here. Those are where the cops are. Do you see everywhere else? That is where the cops are not. In the city, it may take five minutes for the cops to get to your house, which is already far to long to be with someone trying to kill you. How long do you think it takes when your out on a ranch?

Just as effective without killing someone who has the right of having a fair trial.

Yeah! Just as effective! Which is why every time a mad man is shooting at me, I just shake my head sadly and taze him. You know that shooting in this movie? Totally could have been stopped by a tazer, right?

Who cares about the rights of criminals, if they can be stopped using lethal force? Citizens have a right to defend themselves, which goes before the criminals "Right" to shoot them and get a trial afterwords.

But I know you'll all jump at that again and find whatnot to argue about... I found the discussion about arms interesting up to now, it made me think deeper and reinforce my position.

Is it not interesting that that is what some of the most closed minded Christians say?

But this here is all about opinion and I can do without. Palpatine showed me that there have been shootings prevented by civilians, and that's it.

...Isn't that what you asked of him?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

314d1. please read carefully what I said and what I didn't. Especially what I didn't, because that's where you fail the most...

Oh yeah, that infallible police force we have. That one that can spawn at wherever the crime is? Here is a population map of Montana.

Where did I mention the police force? Just make sure anyone who applies for a concealed gun is trained appropriately, in skills as well as in responsibility and all that. Isn't that what the militia is about?

Yeah! Just as effective! Which is why every time a mad man is shooting at me, I just shake my head sadly and taze him. You know that shooting in this movie? Totally could have been stopped by a tazer, right?

Just as effective in case of a robbery. I didn't say anything else.

Who cares about the rights of criminals, if they can be stopped using lethal force? Citizens have a right to defend themselves, which goes before the criminals "Right" to shoot them and get a trial afterwords.

Citizens have a right to defend themselves (which is why the old guy wasn't arrested) as well as criminals have a right to be trialed accordingly to their crime. A boy who steals a fruit from a stand is a criminal too, wouldn't you mind if I kill him?

Is it not interesting that that is what some of the most closed minded Christians say?

Since when do close-minded christian rethink their opinion and actively take part in debate, instead of spewing their opinion and ducking for cover?

...Isn't that what you asked of him?

Did I say I didn't? I even thanked him for showing me this, idiot.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

314d1. please read carefully what I said and what I didn't. Especially what I didn't, because that's where you fail the most...

Ill go and read what you did not say then. Might take a while.

Where did I mention the police force? Just make sure anyone who applies for a concealed gun is trained appropriately, in skills as well as in responsibility and all that.

And how proper is properly? The average gun owner properly? Police force properly? Do they just need to know not to point the gun at things you don't want to shoot?

Is it now? If you take out a gun and point it at them, they surrender and stop attacking. If you take out a tazer and point it at them, they laugh at you.

Citizens have a right to defend themselves (which is why the old guy wasn't arrested) as well as criminals have a right to be trialed accordingly to their crime. A boy who steals a fruit from a stand is a criminal too, wouldn't you mind if I kill him?

Not if he was shooting you, had a gun, and threatened to shoot you, or was generally threatening your life, no I would not. Those are the cases where people get shot...

Since when do close-minded christian rethink their opinion and actively take part in debate, instead of spewing their opinion and ducking for cover?

So you see my point then? Basically your post said "I like you arguments, they just made my faith stronger", something said often by Christians.

Did I say I didn't? I even thanked him for showing me this, idiot.

Yes, but then you basically said "But that is totally not enough for me, that is it". Maybe he could show you another idiot?
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Just make sure anyone who applies for a concealed gun is trained appropriately, in skills as well as in responsibility and all that.

You know, people don't go to Wal-Mart and buy concealed carry permits. They have to take a course, pass background checks, and be certified by the state. Concealed carry is not a measure imposed by civilians or politicians, but by police forces.

You didn't say anything about robberies. You said tasers only, with no specifics on what to defend against.

Also, good luck using a taser against these guys. Granted, pulling out a gun wouldn't have been particularly bright either (unless you happened to have a Five-seveN, which takes care of body armor like it's not even there), but a taser would have just been humorous.

A boy who steals a fruit from a stand is a criminal too, wouldn't you mind if I kill him?

Enjoy spending the next 25-30 years in prison. That's already illegal, and well outside of the law. Now, if he stuck a gun in your face, that's something different entirely. Then it doesn't matter if he's 85 or 12, shooting him is okay and completely legal.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

everyone else can have tazers in public for all I care.

You realize that a taser only has one shot (technically 2 at once), right? It fires 2 barbs which stick in the target. What if another guy shows up? Get another taser?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

The average gun owner properly? Police force properly?

Average gun owners? Trained? Ha... no, something in between. It isn't the purpose to make them unofficial policemen, they simply should have had a reasonable training. I am not informed enough to give you a list of tasks they should fulfill in order to get the concealed gun permit, you'd do that better than me.

Is it now? If you take out a gun and point it at them, they surrender and stop attacking. If you take out a tazer and point it at them, they laugh at you.

Then what is the point of tazers? Why where they developed, why are they sold? To look good? They can disable a man, that should be enough.

So you see my point then? Basically your post said "I like you arguments, they just made my faith stronger", something said often by Christians.

In a discussion, you can either be conforted in your opinion, be convinced of the other opinion, or be at a stalemate. To be conforted of one's opinion now suddenly makes you wrong and christian-like? Do you even get what discusisons are about? I agreed that concealed guns can, and have, saved from shootings. I just said I was uncomfortable with armed old people like the one in the vid. How is that creationist-like??

Yes, but then you basically said "But that is totally not enough for me, that is it". Maybe he could show you another idiot?

That's because these are two different things we're talking about, as mentioned above. Either I haven't made it clear or you're just stupid.

You know, people don't go to Wal-Mart and buy concealed carry permits. They have to take a course, pass background checks, and be certified by the state. Concealed carry is not a measure imposed by civilians or politicians, but by police forces.

Good to hear, didn't know that. You can get guns so easily in America, how should I know that concealed gun permits are better regulated?

You didn't say anything about robberies. You said tasers only, with no specifics on what to defend against.

I was still using the example of the old guy.
Showing 91-105 of 118