ForumsThe TavernThe Great Panic- A Zombie Apocalypse

117 17742
Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

I decided to make a forum RPG based on two popular zombie books, called "The Zombie Survival Guide" and "World War Z", written by Max Brooks and Three Rivers Press. This is a game that has the players telling about what they do each day in a Class 4 outbreak, or a world overrun by the zombie-creating virus Solanum, and already created zombies. You would give information on your "avatar"(character you play as) and then say where you would live and what your weapons are. You can team up with other players and make a colony, or be a loner, but either way, your choices effect what happens in your zombie-infested world.

You do not need to know about the the books this is based on, you just need to like RPG's, forum games, or zombies.

<Rules and Guidelines>
1. You control your choices and your character, but I control the zombies.
2. Your character must be an average human being. No futuristic items. No amazing abilities. No half-zombie crossbreeds.
3. You may have previous training with weapons, or military experience. You may also be in the military, but you may not have access to experimental weapons.

4. The game world is my world, and under my control, you just play in it.

Side Note: Only destrying the brain kills a zombie.

Note: Small= 6 inch - 2 feet, Mid-sized= 2-4 feet, Large/Long= 5 feet+

<Available Weapons>
(You may start with: 2 melee weapons; 1 firearm (gun); and either an explosive or fire source.)

>Melee Weapons<
(You may choose one melee weapon twice to dual-wield)
1. Dai-Katana Two-handed long katana
2. Katana Mid-sized razor sharp sword (think samurai sword)
3. Claymore Extra-long extra-heavy sword
4. Shaolin Spade(counts for two weapons) A six-foot long pole with a fanned blade on one side, and a crescent blade on the other end.
5. Mace A mid-sized club with a spiked ball on the end.
6. Battle-Axe A mid-sized weapon with a large, heavy axe blade on the end.
7. Spear/Javelin A 5-foot long pole with an 8-inch long spear tip. Can be thrust or thrown.

>Guns/Firearms<
1. Sniper Rifle Long range(up to 300 meters)rifle with scope. 25 pounds
2. All-Use Rifle Mid range (up to 100 meters accurate typical rifle. Weighs less than Sniper. 15 pounds
3. Assault Rifle Mid range, has automatic fire, but uses ammo quickly, and is harshly inaccurate over 50 meters. 20 pounds
4. Shot Gun Very short to short range (buckshot is very short (25meters) and a slug is short (50 meters)) harshly inaccurate. 15 pounds
5. Pistol Short range, quite inaccurate. 5 pounds
6. Crossbow Short range, silent, and comes with a scope. 10 pounds
7. Handbow Very short range, silent (miniature crossbow) no scope. 3 pounds

Note: You may have one fire sorce and one ignitable, or only one explosive.

>Fire sources and Explosives<

*Fire*
1. Matches 15 uses, reliable.
2. Lighter 15 uses, water proof.
3. Flint and Steel Unlimited, water proof, reliable, only creates a spark.
4. Blow Torch 60 uses, 1 use per second (average ignition time: 2 seconds) reliable, waterproof, but 2% chance of explosion.

^Ignitables^
1. Molotov Cocktails 5 uses, continual burning on surface hit.
2. Gasoline Dousing 10 uses, much like cocktail, but may spread to surrounding area.
3. Flamethrower Bolth a fire sorce and a ignitable, same rules as blowtorch. Weighs 70 pounds. 25% chance of splashback.
4. Aerosols (bodyspray) Same as blowtorch, 5 uses, stronger than Flamethrower and blowtorch, 50-75% splashback.

xExplosivesx
1. Fragmentation Granades 10 grenades, not very efective against zombies.
2. Claymore Mine 10 units, same as grenade, but in mine form.

If you would like to make a special request for a weapon, please ask me first.

<Inventory>
You start with:
1 months rations
5 days water
Shovel
2-way radio
8-inch knife (can double as a weapon)
5-inch knife
Throwing daggers (4)
Small hatchet (log-splitting, possibly weapon or throwing)
Machette (it's to dull to cut flesh, but can cut vines. Maybe if you sharpen it, it can cut flesh.)
Pickaxe
Lantern
Candels (3)

Other items can be given upon request, but ask first.

<Fortress/Living Quarters>
Please tell me where you want to set up your camp/fort (fort for multiple people) so I may take that into account, or if you want some help in chosing a good terrain, please feel free to talk to me.

Note: You do not need to know anything about the books this is based on, you just need to like RPG's, zombies, or Forum games.

This topic is the game! You are free to join in at any time, and the one thing that I require is that you come in ready to play, and ready to take down some zombies!

*Disclaimer*
I feel I must remind everyone to keep the described violence, gore, and mature material to a minimum, or at least have some warning of the content that you will describe. Language should be kept to a PG rating, so basicaly, if they beep it out on T.V., don't use it. Explicit sexual or adult material will, of course, be flaged, and your expultion from the game will be nessessary. All forum rules will be followed, and all activity will be monitored. However, please feel free to be creative in your responses, just don't reveal the "brutal details". Stabbing a zombie is okay, but don't say what else happens to it's zombie body. Please be creative in your responses, though.

Happy Hunting,
Itachi2641747

• 117 Replies
Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

Steevo, you are surounded by 10 zombies shuffleing towards your area. What do you do?

Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

Arrow, you are surrounded by 30, and they are 50 feet away! What do you do?

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

Well, i see them from out of my log cabin window, rush outside, and start shooting them with my shotgun from behind the wooden barricade, i shoot down 4 of them, and one of them tries to get over the fence and is impaled by the sharpened stakes, but it wasn't impaled in the head, so i finish it off by shooting it, 5 more to go, 1 manages to get past the barricade so i quickly slice it down with my scythe, i keep shooting, i shoot down 3 more, just one to go, i slash it down with my scythe.

Itachi, i have a couple questions.

1. Can you read my character description and everything to make sure it is ok? it is on page 7.
2. Also, how do you become a zombie? to you have to get bitten? do you have to be scratched?

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

well for one thing, they cant get into my place, only one way in, its protected by a gate, and the road leading into the area is a mile long narrow road, so i doubt ill be suronded, but i guess ill play along, ill rush up one of the nearest tree stand and slowly take them out with my bow

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

I'm ready Itachi.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I find RPing to be a pain sometimes. I find it best when people do the following.

1.Write their actions as if they were writing a book. A lot of detail.

Example: Instead of saying "I take my shotgun and shoot the zombie in the face." say "I grab my shotgun and take carefull aim at the incoming zombie's head. As my sights line up with the zombie, I pull the trigger and fire a slug at it."

2.Dont always decide the outcome of your actions. In real life, you find that the outcome of your actions can differ from what you expected. Let the RP Master (the person RPing the zombies and in charge) decide what happens.

Example: If you do determine the outcome of your own action, don't allways do the predictable "I shoot it and it dies" all the time. Make mistakes. "The zombie grabs at me as I stab the blood thirsty monster in the face with my knife. I try to wrench the knife out of it's skull but I fail. I push the zombie away as I escape it's deadly grasp, my knife stuck in its head."

3. Don't play hero. The biggest problem with RPers are the people who are perfect in every way, has all the right tools, and has the skill to be a sword master, an expert marksman, a survivalist, blackbelt, collage graduate, general. You are not perfect. If you go camando on the zombies and kill them all, it ruins the fun for everyone else. I am not saying that you have to be average joe or anything less... just dont be like Sylvester Stallone in Rambo, no one is that good and no one wants to play with a show off.

4. Dont forget about outcomes. Shotguns are good weapons and all but they are also loud. You would no doubt attract at least 5 zombies (hundreds in the ciy) if you fire that gun. You also have to reload. If you do find yourself facing over 100 zombies... dont kill them all, it would be way to cheezy to kill them all. Run, orat least let yourself die if you are foolish enough to fight them.

If there is going to be a zombie RP, might as well lay down some good hints on how to keep the story inturesting.

invisiman
invisiman
282 posts
Peasant

this is way too confusing and you probobally don't even pay attention to anyone's posts anymore.

StraightJaketMan
StraightJaketMan
619 posts
Nomad

I hope I can still get some zombies...I'm itchin' for a mindless-zombie-invasion right about now. Itchigo, let them loose! since I'm in the cave, I have a good battle plan up my sleeve!

Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

Each person playing has 50 zombies charging. These seem different, because they can run... ...well? What will you do?

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

Itachi, i do not think you should just have random times where zombies are running at us, i think that you should read each person's character descriptions and such and then make different situations that are unique for each person. If you just keep making zombies charge at us, it will make the game rather repetitive.

Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

I need more people to assist me if I were to personalize them, and noone else will step up to help me out. I'm still waiting for someone to ask to lead. If you want to help, just ask!

cooldude99778
cooldude99778
201 posts
Nomad

i'll help you itachi NOT

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Journal of James West-
November 14th, 2012

1:30 PM, unknown island
Today, I was collecting coconuts for food. To minimize proximity to the jungle, where the zombies are, I stand on the shore and shoot the coconuts down from the tree so that they will roll towards me. I was firing to knock down my fifth one when, I heard the roar of hungry zombies. I crouched down preparing to fight. Four zombies launched themselves out from the jungle and hurtles towards me. I leveled my M16 and fired into them. After five rounds had fired and one zombie had fallen, the chatter of fire had stopped. The clip was empty because of knocking down the coconuts. "Oh crap," I thought, and deftly pulled out a commando knife for the hand-fight ahead. The first of the remaining zombies I swiftly slew, by impaling his head in with the b.u.t.t of my rifle. The other two pounced onto me, trying to land the neck bite that would spell doom. They scratched at my arms and chest fighting for the kill, but I stalwartly fought on, I slipped the commando knife in my left hand through the zombie's rib cage severing its spinal cord and tearing its heart, the shock was enough for me to push the still living zombie off. With my now free left arm, I took my knife and shoved it through the remaining zombies throat, it held fast and continued to viciously fight with me. I shook the knife until I had completely removed its head. At that point the body stopped fighting. I stood up, my nerves rattles, my arms lacerated by the zombies nails, but most of all alive. I promptly reloaded my gun should more zombies come. I then crushed the heads of all four zombies in case they were still alive.

6:00 PM, unknown island
After returning to base, I started a fire to boil water for rags to dress my wounds. Waiting, I crudely attach one of my knives, to my M16 as a bayonet. Finished, I fall into a reverie of things past; I remember my friends in rural New York and the the games we played and our exploits at school; I remember my sister and the pranks I played on her; I remember today is her birthday... A blood-curdling howl rips through the night, the fire has attracted at least four dozen zombies, charging at my bunker, like hounds homing in on the fox. I leap up awakened from my day dreaming,grab my rifle and run to the window. I pour suppressing fire on the zombies, it feels as though none will fall. I thought I was condemned to die on this small, wayward island. I count the clips I fire as take aim at the undead. 1,2,3,4,5... Not good, I run out of ammo on my person (there is more stashed away). For the second time today, I find myself preparing to enter, close quarters combat. I ready my new bayonet, and clutch a commando knife in my left hand. The first few zombies try to clamber through the window I was firing from. I jab forward with my bayonet, killing zombie after zombie, their cold blood, brains, and entrails splash onto me. I cry as I realize that they are not just blood-thirsty monsters, but human beings, who have been maddened by a disease beyond their control. It's possible I am killing my neighbors or parents, and the tears keep flowing. I snap out of it when an explosion echoes across the island. A zombie has stepped on one of the claymores by the door. The explosion and shrapnel, rip it and several others apart. The final two barrel through the door to attack me. I lunge forward and stab the first one and crashing through its head. I turn to the second one preparing to deal it the same fate. I turn too late. It is already on top of me. I feel ready to resign,let the world continue on its path of destruction. Yet, I feel the animal urge to continue, to live on. Thus I wrestle with it, one minute, five minutes, ten minutes, I don't know, I just fight. It is on its back, dead, I feel a weightless sensation, tired, burned out, exhausted. I too roll on my back and lament the fate of the world, until I close my eyes.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Itachi, I would be willing to help when I can, coming up I won't be able to reach the computer as much.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

i cant help, since i am fairly active on ag

Showing 76-90 of 117