ForumsThe TavernFate? or the... uh, other one?

23 5798
iFish
iFish
442 posts
Nomad

do you guys believen fate, or destiny? (are those two the same thing?) let me rephrase, do you guys believe that everything that happens was meant to happen, OR that the things that happen, just happen based on what the actions of others are? (does that seem a little bit confusing?)

• 23 Replies
walaroo
walaroo
88 posts
Nomad

i dont beleive in fate on bit and the other one is true

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

coincidence is sometimes too perfect to be coincidence

walaroo
walaroo
88 posts
Nomad

i dont beleive in fate on bit and the other one is true because if i didnt make this account i wouldnt be makink this forum post right now it would be like im riding my bike and i say to my friend " i just got a weird feeling" and he says "what" and i say "well i just felt i have to make an account called armor games called Walaroo and make a forum post under a subject called fate? or the... uh other one? that says because if i didnt make this account i wouldnt be makink this forum post right now it would be like im riding my bike and i say to my friend " i just got a weird feeling" and he says "what" and i say "well i just felt i have to make an account called armor games called Walaroo and make a forum post under a subject called fate? or the... uh other one?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I think that some things are meant to happen, but that not all of it is dictated. So you still get to make your own decisions, but there are still some things that you cannot change.

walaroo
walaroo
88 posts
Nomad

you just blew my mind

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Is it possible to believe that you are destined to do stuff, but have free will at the same time? Or could it be neither?

I am writing this because I choose to or is it because a causal chain of events led up to this?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

That is kind of what I was saying. That some things will happen because they are meant to, but you also have free will on many things.

notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

id rather not think about thsese things becasue its one of those matters that your not just gonna realize one day.
(my opinion)

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Ahh I love to think about these things, everything from existentialism to metaphysics.

But what I was saying is I'm not sure of the right answer, but I know it cannot be both destiny and free will. So, there must be some other answer to this.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

We avoid between hundreds to thousands of what-would-be-coincidences that can happen every day, we are bound to have a few of those coincidences met. I do not beleive in fate myself. Though I beleive that life moves in a cycle.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

I have to go with the same opinion as Carlie, some things might be meant to happen, while others are just things that happened because a million people decided to eat at the same place as you, causeing you to be late after lunch ended, then you get fired, so you end up unemployed, and you couldn't get another job, because of that one time last year you went to Mcdonalds across the street and didn't get back on time...

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Life is one big chain of events. Life will innevitably cycle through a circle for the most part. Some people will break the cycle, others die only to have their offspring or other contacts start the continue the cycle.

Fate is when no matter how much you try, you are destined to do somethign or become a part of something. As long as we are active with our lives, or we just happen to be cought in some one else's cycle, we are bound to get involved with somethign big. It, in my opinion, is not fate, but none the less innevitable that something would happen. It did not happen because you were called to taht certain event but because you got cought up or lead a chain of events to lead to such moment.

I have a feeling what I said will make no sence to most people who reads it. I like to think deeply into human thoughs and emotion, sadly I am not good with words.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

please pardon my spelling. I just woke up from a nap not long ago... yay for sleeping through the SuperBowl!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

No, it makes sense, mostly! And I like the idea.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

You can make all you own decisions. Fate is how your personality will inevidably make those decisions.

Showing 1-15 of 23