ForumsWEPRWho do you think was the worst dictator ever?

130 42153
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

sorry if this is double post, but hit submit before i wrote the original post.

Just like the title says, who do you think was the worst dictator ever and why.

• 130 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Godwin's Law is soon to apply.
Anyway, I don't know who the worst dictator is. Julius Caesar was a rather evil man, but he was a magnificent leader for Rome, and his country benefited from his rule.
Probably, the worst dictator is no longer known, as he fell into the past long before 0 AD.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I think Vlad von Dracula. He impaled people on spikes regardless of their allegiance.

Godwin's Law is soon to apply.

I actually looked that up one day. Makes sense.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

It is hard to find a dictator that hasn't allegedly improved anything. Even Vlad is said by some to have had a harsh but fair rule..

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

It is hard to find a dictator that hasn't allegedly improved anything. Even Vlad is said by some to have had a harsh but fair rule..

True, people just focus on the fact that they were a dictator in general and demonize them.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I think Vlad von Dracula. He impaled people on spikes regardless of their allegiance.

But he only impaled lawbreakers and enemies, and it is often said that his rule was rather prosperous. He even was said to have had a golden cup out for visitors to drink from, which was never stolen. People where to afraid of being impaled to steal it.

Probably, the worst dictator is no longer known, as he fell into the past long before 0 AD.

Why would there be a worst ruler before history? It would be much easier to just state the most evil modern dictator...

Stalin had one of the highest body counts, sending many men to Siberia to work to death, so you can count him worst for that. Hitler also killed many people, and unlike Stalin, he did it mostly because he just did not like the people he was killing based on race and other such factors. Hitler also killed them more horribly, while Stalin made them work, Hitler often just threw them into ovens or gassed them. It would also be argued that, had Hitler not been stopped, he would have killed more people than Stalin. So either of those two have my vote.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

And voila, hey Godwin.
Anyway, perhaps we shouldn't have treated Germany so badly when they lost? We did anger them, inciting Hitler, a great orator, to mobilize his country against Europe.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Anyway, perhaps we shouldn't have treated Germany so badly when they lost? We did anger them, inciting Hitler, a great orator, to mobilize his country against Europe.

True, some things about Versailles was a bit excessive, like there shrinking of military.
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

Ovbiously Mao Tse-tung.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

Obviously Mao Tse-tung.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

And voila, hey Godwin.

Oh no! Someone mentioned Hitler! In a debate about who is the worst dictator!

Even assuming that the WWII was justified in Hitler's standpoint, how does that justify the Holocaust? He is, undoubtedly, one of the worst dictators of all time. You can not kill millions of people in death camps and not qualify for this.

True, some things about Versailles was a bit excessive, like there shrinking of military.

...What? Shrinking their military was to prevent something like this, it would have been great if they had actually enforced. The things the people usually talk about with it are the fact that France asked for a ton of money in restorations, which was not very good for Germany's economy, making them desperate enough to turn to an insane and charismatic leader.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Even assuming that the WWII was justified in Hitler's standpoint, how does that justify the Holocaust? He is, undoubtedly, one of the worst dictators of all time. You can not kill millions of people in death camps and not qualify for this.

Hitler needed a scapegoat for Germany's financial problems at the time, he picked the Jews. also, the majority of the holocaust victims were gays, Russians, Polish, Catholics, Christians, disabled, and many other classes of people, not just Jews.

source

True, some things about Versailles was a bit excessive
according to the time life history books i read last year, before i went to public school i was home-schooled, the diplomats sent to sign the treaty of Versailles did not want to be there, i think it said they even drew straws to see which two would have to go.

as for me personally, I think "Uncle Joe" was the worst dictator ever, he killed anyone he thought was against him, (and he was extremely paranoid), he ignored his advisers resulting in increased deaths in the army during operation Barbarossa, and his secret police kept anyone who said something or did something that he didn't like, dead or in the gulag.
PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,708 posts
Nomad

Oh no! Someone mentioned Hitler! In a debate about who is the worst dictator!

Arrgh, one of the stupidest things I've heard from you 314. Hitler should not even be compared in this country. Nor should Nazis be mentioned, but alas ignorant fools do mention them. Not to be antagonistic of course.

Hitler was one of the greatest rulers and dictators known, he lead the German people to greatness, for Germans many lived in an age of utopia. He did great things.

Sure you can say he killed Jews, blah blah blah. He did what he thought was right, he tried to create a better world, what he did was of pure intention. He wanted to have a perfect race on the planet. His means were a little extreme of course, but he was not the worst dictator. He did what he did because he thought it was right.

When you compare him with some African rulers and see how there nations are and the poverty rates + starvation + aids etc... They do what they do for no reason, just to advance themselves, they don't help anyone except a select few. How do you compare a man like Hitler to nearly any African ruler. Hitler is an angel compared to them. He tried to do the right thing, he led his people to greatness. Opposite to many third world leaders, where as nearly all their citizens live in shacks, starve, have aids etc...

Is ignorance really a bliss 314d1.

In my opinion you can not say who was the worst dictator ever, there are just so many on such equal levels, not one above the others really.
PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,708 posts
Nomad

Arrgh, one of the stupidest things I've heard from you 314. Hitler should not even be compared in this country

I mean thread, not country my apologies for a double post
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Good ole Chairman Mao, liking those 70,000,000 corpses with you in hell?

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Hitler needed a scapegoat for Germany's financial problems at the time, he picked the Jews. also, the majority of the holocaust victims were gays, Russians, Polish, Catholics, Christians, disabled, and many other classes of people, not just Jews.

...Ok? ....What does that have to do with my post?

Arrgh, one of the stupidest things I've heard from you 314. Hitler should not even be compared in this country. Nor should Nazis be mentioned, but alas ignorant fools do mention them. Not to be antagonistic of course.

....Yeah, of course, when someone says "Who is the worst dictator ever" you can't answer Hitler. Because. Are you a dunce or something?

Hitler was one of the greatest rulers and dictators known, he lead the German people to greatness, for Germans many lived in an age of utopia. He did great things.

Like killing millions of his own people? Like dragging his country into a war against the rest of the world? What form of utopia has the ashes of humans clouding the air?

Sure you can say he killed Jews, blah blah blah.
\\

....He killed millions of people. What god ****ed moron would just offhandedly say "Sure. He was a great leader. He boosted the economy, raised moral, and had a dog. All he did wrong was KILL MILLIONS OF PEOPLE."

He did what he thought was right, he tried to create a better world, what he did was of pure intention.

Oh. So of course that makes it OK that he killed millions of people.

He wanted to have a perfect race on the planet.

What a valiant man, being racist. That defiantly makes it worth killing millions! Good thing he had a good excuse.

He did what he did because he thought it was right.

And he killed millions of people. I don't care if you think that is right, he killed millions of people. There should be no question. Good leaders DON'T GENOCIDE THEIR OWN PEOPLE. If you genocide your own people, you are automatically out of the running for good leader.

Intent does not make it OK. Vision does not make it OK. There is no excuse for genocide.

When you compare him with some African rulers and see how there nations are and the poverty rates + starvation + aids etc..

Which are, of course, the leaders fault. After all, they are not trying to be good leaders or anything?

Oh wait. They did not intentionally genocide their own people. That still makes them better...

They do what they do for no reason, just to advance themselves, they don't help anyone except a select few

Hitler wanted to advanced a select few in the form of a race. He did this by KILLING MILLIONS. You don't just offhandedly ignore the KILLING OF MILLIONS.

How do you compare a man like Hitler to nearly any African ruler.

Jacob Zuma, president of South Africa. He did not genocide his own people. He did not throw his country into a war against the rest of the world. Zuma is better then Hitler. How is he not?

Hitler is an angel compared to them.

Are you high right now?

He tried to do the right thing, he led his people to greatness.

Greatness? He ruled for several years, in which he KILLED MILLIONS OF HIS OWN PEOPLE, declared war against the rest of the world...

Regardless, lets say we are having a discussion about the world's worst parent. If a parent drowns his kids because he is trying to give them a bath, is he a good parent? I say no, but you seem to be saying he was a great parent.

Opposite to many third world leaders, where as nearly all their citizens live in shacks, starve, have aids etc...

Since of course Hitler would never send...I don't know, millions of people, to live in shacks where they starve and disease is rampant? Not some kind of ghetto or something similar. Especially not intentionally, right?

Is ignorance really a bliss 314d1.

I would think so. You seem to be really happy.
Showing 1-15 of 130