ForumsWEPRReligions of Armor Games

102 26161
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

A thread like this may already have been made...but I don't see it so I thought I'd make one. Just a simple question...what is your religion? And why so?

Also..please try to keep arguments very limited. I'm not looking to start flame wars here..I am just interested in hearing about why people believe in what they do.

• 102 Replies
ShadowArchon
ShadowArchon
154 posts
Shepherd

I've never really believed in a Religion. I once wondered what happened when one died, The black Void of nothingness? It's to difficult to get my head round, so I just accept that you live, then you die, nothing more to it.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'm a Catholic. I quit caring what other people say about my religion, so I've found it's best to keep it quiet.

The other thread, Religion Poll, was locked because it was getting spammy and off-topic.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I once wondered what happened when one died, The black Void of nothingness?

It wouldn't even be that. Think of it like how it was for you before you were born.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I'm on a religious crusade to find a right religion (or find that everything is fake for me) for me.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

It wouldn't even be that. Think of it like how it was for you before you were born.

Man to be honest...thinking about that freaks me out so much haha

and to what you said before (you know..involving all the math), I do not believe that whatever the superior being may be is just focusing on our world and our existence. Like I tried to explain before, but couldn't really think of how to say it so kinda gave up on attempting, what I believe the superior being to be is basically like Karma, but more embodied (I guess you could put it)

Also, off topic to what you said, I'm very pleased at how this is going so far! No hate (as of yet, but let's try to keep it that way please) which is awesome
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Ahh. You guys type a lot. Don't any of you have jobs?

I'm not claiming what I believe is correct. It is just what I prefer to believe. I'm not claiming that what I believe should be believed by others, it is just something I personally prefer to believe.

Then why in hell do you believe it, if you know you are just fooling yourself? It is a lie, and if you know it, then why believe in the lie?

So you lie to yourself because you are afraid? Are you a coward?

and to what you said before (you know..involving all the math), I do not believe that whatever the superior being may be is just focusing on our world and our existence. Like I tried to explain before, but couldn't really think of how to say it so kinda gave up on attempting, what I believe the superior being to be is basically like Karma, but more embodied (I guess you could put it)

Why would a being do that, for any reason? Do you even know what Karma is? Why would this being be superior to everyone else? And once again, why in hell do you believe this knowing that it is just a lie?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

What about that freaks you out?

I do not believe that whatever the superior being may be is just focusing on our world and our existence. Like I tried to explain before, but couldn't really think of how to say it so kinda gave up on attempting, what I believe the superior being to be is basically like Karma, but more embodied (I guess you could put it)

Even if we accept that this deity isn't focusing on just us but all life that is still pretty miniscule. Matter/energy that make up stars and planets only take up about 0.4% of the universe. Life would be a very small fraction of that 0.4%.

Judging by your responses thus far I can only wager a guess to my previous question that what is real doesn't matter. You seem to be more concerned about having some sort of security blanket whether it is real security or not.
Tough Noogies and Hard Truths
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Ahh. You guys type a lot. Don't any of you have jobs?

Fast fingers and quick minds. ;D

Judging by your responses thus far I can only wager a guess to my previous question that what is real doesn't matter. You seem to be more concerned about having some sort of security blanket whether it is real security or not.

I think that's the main reason for people's faith. That and a misguided childhood. :P
Krill11
Krill11
98 posts
Peasant

Whats interesting to me is that though my religion does believe in Christ, we aren't considered Christian to a lot of the people in the USA.

Kinda weird, but anyway I have previously stated my beliefs in other threads, and so base your knowledge on that. I don't think I need to be redundant.

If you do guess, or have a guess, please keep it to yourselves for the time being. When the timing is better, I will say what my Religion is. For now, judge me on my merits...

~krill11

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

i am Lutheran missouri synod

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Whats interesting to me is that though my religion does believe in Christ, we aren't considered Christian to a lot of the people in the USA.

Mormon? if so, I understand where you are coming from. I was a former member of the church, but I had to leave because I realized that my intellectual growth will always be hindered by indoctrination if I stayed.

If you aren't one, then don't worry about it. people are fools, and you know that they are wrong.

-Blade
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I remember one of these popped up a while ago. It got locked because people starting bashing other religions.... Hope this one lives longer.
Im catholic. No biggy.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Don't understand why people can never post their religion out of interest. Always has to be a debate.

I'm also Catholic.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Always has to be a debate.

Tis why I generally avoid the WERP. I actually am not sure how I wound up here... O.o
So to stay on topic, im still catholic. I havent changed in the past hour in case you were wondering.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I remember one of these popped up a while ago. It got locked because people starting bashing other religions.... Hope this one lives longer.

Maybe that is because the only real discussion you can have without doing this is:

So to stay on topic, im still catholic. I havent changed in the past hour in case you were wondering.

Which gets boring real fast.
Showing 16-30 of 102