ForumsThe TavernThe days of yore

41 6143
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

So a lot of people that have been on AG since the beginning of time (or something close to that), have been talking about how AG used to be some much better. I've mostly seen this in threads like this. How was AG better then than these modern times?

• 41 Replies
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

People now spam a lot more, but when it was the old times, people just had conversations and earned their AP from merits instead of comments. Ask ryan7g if ur interested on that kinds of stuff. I'm not a beginner from the beginning of the AG times, but ryan7g has all the answers you need, maybe just a random person who started from 2008 has the answers, idk.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

There was a lot more forum activity back in the good old days. 2009 was the golden year for the forums. Without spamming, I could easily get 40-50 posts a day. I started that year with about 150 posts and ended it with around 5,560, and I was only active for about 7 months that year.

2010 and 2011 were alright years, but they were nothing compared to 2009. Everyone posted everywhere in 2009.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

2010 and 2011 were alright years, but they were nothing compared to 2009. Everyone posted everywhere in 2009.
And now the only people who post are me, tactical, MageGrayWolf, You, Jeff, Salvidian, daleks, shock, and several others who I can not think of right now.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Ya. I haven't been here long but activity in the forums have gone down sense I was first here last year. I used to post a lot more then I do now. Not great activity but better then it is now.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

me maybe, i been posting for a full month and spikeabc?

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

several others who I can not think of right now.

Cenere, GoM, ManlyMan, to name a few.
kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

i was here for AG2, although, I wasn't here for AG1. But i can compare with AG2 + AG3. I think the format is simpler on AG2 then AG3, or i think people r just more used to it after awile

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Gantic, Freakenstein, and NONAMEC68 some times post they do.

p.s. Yoda talk i use.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I think it was simply more exciting because it was new.

There are differences - the forums have become fairly sloppy.
The moderation isn't as "tight" as it once was but people are busy, so that probably won't change.
Discussions weren't so..immature, i guess.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

And now the only people who post are me, tactical, MageGrayWolf, You, Jeff, Salvidian, daleks, shock, and several others who I can not think of right now.

me maybe, i been posting for a full month and spikeabc?

Cough...Ace...Cough.

i was here for AG2, although, I wasn't here for AG1. But i can compare with AG2 + AG3. I think the format is simpler on AG2 then AG3, or i think people r just more used to it after awile

What-ya-talkin'-'bout-Willis? This is AG2...AG3 is not here yet so not an accomplishment? How can you compare AG3? When it's not here yet? Unless your talking beta...?
halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

I was here a long time ago then stopped around the time they added the AGv3 section to the forum just recently ended my hiatus tho

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Everyone's friends were around, had a community manager, and most of the mods regularly posted. Then people got bored, their lives got busy, or they didn't want to continue using a site that has tons of problems.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Maybe when AG3 comes out, that will be a new beginning for armor games. People will maybe start posting again and maybe next time, there will be good changes and everyone will live happily forever. But who knows if its going to happen :P

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

The mods DO post a lot...

in the AMW...

I prefer looking in the tavern, because I can find so many weird threads!

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

The mods DO post a lot...

in the AMW...

Only Cen and Gantic. Once in awhile Strop. In 2009, we had more mods who posted in the AMW. Zoph, Estel, and a few others.
Showing 1-15 of 41